Best ROM for Optimus S

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
ZVJ.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Well, there's HydroRom, DanteRom, and GingerRom. We can't tell you which is best as it's a matter of opinion. Go take a look at them. Look at the screenshots and features and choose the one you like...or try them all out :p

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, there's HydroRom, DanteRom, and GingerRom. We can't tell you which is best as it's a matter of opinion. Go take a look at them. Look at the screenshots and features and choose the one you like...or try them all out :p

^ This.

You would be surprised at the frequency that this question is asked. It's pretty impossible to answer as it really is a matter of personal preference. I'm personally biased towards HydroROM because...well...I made it (rather helped make it).

Reactions: intheb0x

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
^ This.

You would be surprised at the frequency that this question is asked. It's pretty impossible to answer as it really is a matter of personal preference. I'm personally biased towards HydroROM because...well...I made it (rather helped make it).

How can I not chime in LOL

Drew is right, it is easy enough to try the various options. There are only the three to choose from on ZVJ. GingerRom is an excellent rom if you want a performance tweaked stock experience. HydroRom, you cannot go wrong with. Team Hydro really knows their stuff, it has a very nice blue theme that is fairly inclusive. Also it is quite feature rich, adding nearly every feature you could want while offering all the performance tweaks GingerRom offers. DanteRom (my rom) offers many of the same extras as Hydro and similar performance as well. The theming does not go as deep, but I only themed what bothered me from stock. The screenshots I put up cover everything that is different from stock in theming.

nazzo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I like (rather grudgingly put up with) the stock look overall thus I've been running the stock ZVJ but rooted and I have no qualms with it. I never felt like I could accept the trade-offs that custom roms made over stock. To each their own.

mkbruin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
With Hydro, I have had no trade-offs.

Every single thing I do is better on this rom. Mostly due to the MASSIVE increase in internal memory.

androidgeek23

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
hi, im trying to find the best rom for my fiances optimus s. Its been running the reborn rom for a while now but keeps having problems with it. (yes i fully wipe). Tried re flashing but it always seems to have problems of some sort. Just looking for the most stable rom out there for the zvd baseband. What are yiu guys

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
hi, im trying to find the best rom for my fiances optimus s. Its been running the reborn rom for a while now but keeps having problems with it. (yes i fully wipe). Tried re flashing but it always seems to have problems of some sort. Just looking for the most stable rom out there for the zvd baseband. What are yiu guys

Reborn rom is the most stable for zvd. I been using it for almost 2 years now.
What problems are you having?

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
IMO CM9 (if you dont mind some bugs as they improve) or CM7/aosp/aokp

Havent ran either of those but cyanogen, aosp, aokp are the best roms on pretty much all android devices once the bugs are worked out. They are almost always the fastest (was running AOSP and cyanogenmod on my htc hero and it kept that phone alive-would have likely thrown it against the wall if it wasnt for those roms)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
IMO CM9 (if you dont mind some bugs as they improve) or CM7/aosp/aokp

Havent ran either of those but cyanogen, aosp, aokp are the best roms on pretty much all android devices once the bugs are worked out. They are almost always the fastest (was running AOSP and cyanogenmod on my htc hero and it kept that phone alive-would have likely thrown it against the wall if it wasnt for those roms)

He said stable, if it has bugs then it's not stable.

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
He said stable, if it has bugs then it's not stable.

I was replying to the OP not a random post in this thread. CM7 might still be a good candidate for someone who wants stable rom, best to look in the cm7 thread and check

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol