Goo manager beta?

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Is this safe to use on our phones and if so what does it do?

Sent from futuristic quattrimus optimus s

TheKraven Had it preinstalled in his latest builds of CM7, so I would say that it is safe because it's not like a real rom manager. It is just an app that allows you to search and download roms compatible with your device form the GOO.IM website where DEVs upload their roms it is not necessarily a rom manager because it doesn't require a special recovery or actually do the flashing for you but it does allow you to download roms easily to your phone so you can flash them

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
TheKraven Had it preinstalled in his latest builds of CM7, so I would say that it is safe because it's not like a real rom manager. It is just an app that allows you to search and download roms compatible with your device form the GOO.IM website where DEVs upload their roms it is not necessarily a rom manager because it doesn't require a special recovery or actually do the flashing for you but it does allow you to download roms easily to your phone so you can flash them

Wow I will check it out

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow I will check it out

Well the only way you can get real use out of it is if the devs posted all their roms, themes, patches, and mods on there but besides that I think it would be a cool thing to have so you dont have to get on the computer to flash your stuff or try to do it over your phone's web browser...

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I believe the "Flash ROM" and "Reboot Recovery" buttons work after Drew added openRecovery support to Cannibal, but don't try anything until he either confirms or denies what I'm saying. (Might Brick)

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
It just downloads the updates and you can choose to install them later. When you hit Flash Rom with Cannibal installed make sure to tell it you already have a compatible recovery though.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, I was just wondering where I can find this. I am on ZVD and not ZVJ.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Right here in the forums. Like they said though recoveries don't rely on a certain baseband.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Right here in the forums. Like they said though recoveries don't rely on a certain baseband.

OK, is there a link for it in the cannibal recovery thread( if there is I must have missed it)? When I do a search for it only this and the cannibal recovery thread are the only ones that come up that have anything to do with it. All the others threads are for different roms & ect.
If I do a search for it in the market, its says only compatible with 2.3.3

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, is there a link for it in the cannibal recovery thread( if there is I must have missed it)? When I do a search for it only this and the cannibal recovery thread are the only ones that come up that have anything to do with it. All the others threads are for different roms & ect.
If I do a search for it in the market, its says only compatible with 2.3.3

Wait, I missed something, are you wanting to install GooManager? If so, that should be it. It should support Froyo and up a I'm running it on ICS. If that's not what you meant then I'm sorry :confused:

At first I thought you were asking about the recovery.. :-!

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, I was just wondering where I can find this. I am on ZVD and not ZVJ.

edit - oops just saw you compatibility message. I've downloaded direct from the Play Store on six ROMS, Froyo to ICS.

There is a direct link from Goo.Im site.
http://goo.im/blog/21

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS alpha 15 linaro2 & Tapatalk

Last edited:

harsho1

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a good program... Now if we could just get the devs here to use GOO.IM and integrate the update info to do updates.....

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a good program... Now if we could just get the devs here to use GOO.IM and integrate the update info to do updates.....

Well now that we have a recovery that supports it, we should be fine :p I'm sure now that we have support, more roms well support it too.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Well now that we have a recovery that supports it, we should be fine :p I'm sure now that we have support, more roms well support it too.

I've passed on the info on ORS to @tdm for quattrimus as well, but he has his own RomKeeper that is nice. He has beta1pre1 (OS and OV) on goo,im too, but the nightly delta only works via RomKeeper. I'm hoping he will incorporate oss support to use drew's Cannibal thnuderc recovery.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I've passed on the info on ORS to @tdm for quattrimus as well, but he has his own RomKeeper that is nice. He has beta1pre1 (OS and OV) on goo,im too, but the nightly delta only works via RomKeeper. I'm hoping he will incorporate oss support to use drew's Cannibal thnuderc recovery.

RomKeeper doesn't need anything special to be compatible, according to tdm. It uses the standard /cache/recovery/command file AFAIK.

Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc