Used Rom Manager to flash!! Help

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I didn't know (untill a few mins ago from another thread) that Rom Manager didn't support this phone most of my attempts to boot into cwm recovery, partiton the sd card and flashing roms failed but it did somehow manage to successfully flash superuser 3.0.7 but Rom Manager wont do anything else what should I use to flash to a rom that's actually meant for my phone??

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I didn't know (untill a few mins ago from another thread) that Rom Manager didn't support this phone most of my attempts to boot into cwm recovery, partiton the sd card and flashing roms failed but it did somehow manage to successfully flash superuser 3.0.7 but Rom Manager wont do anything else what should I use to flash to a rom that's actually meant for my phone??

Install this as your recovery http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...en-touch-v1-2-latest-update-06-24-2012-a.html

Use that to flash a ROM.

Reactions: jonny5449

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Please read stickys if your new to root n rom. They hold all the vital info we need to do anything involving the opti. There's a lot but it makes it easier to understand what exactly were doing. Thanks for all stickys..lol

BobbyJenks

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You're going to have to boot into the Recovery menu which is: Hold home and Volume down and turn on the phone. Then from there flash the ROM that matches your Radio ZVD or ZVJ.

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've only ever used xionia. I'd probably just try to start over from scratch. Go into the sticky for automated root and follow the instructions. Or Google search root and rom optimus s noob. There is a super easy sticky on the other forums that I used to gain root and custom recovery. Hope this helps.:)

Reactions: Silas178

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what it is but IV used rom manager Even after reading the stickys and all the warning........rom manager is like a big red button that says "don't push" but you push it anyways

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope he knows how to do that already..lol:p

You'd be surprised...

I don't know what it is but IV used rom manager Even after reading the stickys and all the warning........rom manager is like a big red button that says "don't push" but you push it anyways

Because it's the "easy" way, which will supposedly do everything for you, instead of having to take the time to do a little reading and research.

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
You'd be surprised...

Because it's the "easy" way, which will supposedly do everything for you, instead of having to take the time to do a little reading and research.

I do know how to manually boot into recovery and I didn't use it because I thought it was the easy way I joined this forum after already rooting my phone and using Rom Manager to flash superuser so I didn't know not to use it

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
You're going to have to boot into the Recovery menu which is: Hold home and Volume down and turn on the phone. Then from there flash the ROM that matches your Radio ZVD or ZVJ.

When I do this I get a black screen hence my problem

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Try re-flashing your recovery image if you can get into your current ROM. Also with Cannibal, you can replace RomManager with GooManager.

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Try re-flashing your recovery image if you can get into your current ROM. Also with Cannibal, you can replace RomManager with GooManager.

I've tried reflashing it already I'll try cannibal and get back to you

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I did the process found here... http://androidforums.com/optimus-s-...ep-step-rooting-flashing-guide-optimus-s.html I haven't had any problem like what your having so I'm useless there. I was always told rom manager= paper weight with our phones so I stayed away..lol can you get the phone to load your original rom? Or does it just stay black screen? What's a bricked phone do when you start it?

Right now I can't get back to my stock rom I'm stuck with superuser till I get a recovery up and running :(
I wouldn't say that my phone is bricked because I have a working rom but no recovery. I can boot normally (unless I try to boot into recovery) I'm using it now so I wouldn't say its bricked yet just really unstable

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how the recovery was deleted without you deleting it. :-\ hmmm... yea my best guess is to try and start over completely. Hey if he has superuser can he just grab a recovery and drop it into the system folder? I've never tried but it doesn't sound impossible.?. Sorry I can't help more I'm thinking tho..lol

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand how the recovery was deleted without you deleting it. :-\ hmmm... yea my best guess is to try and start over completely. Hey if he has superuser can he just grab a recovery and drop it into the system folder? I've never tried but it doesn't sound impossible.?. Sorry I can't help more I'm thinking tho..lol

Can you elaborate on that?

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Nvrmnd. I spaced thought superuser was root explorer. I looked online and other people have lost recovery b4 and did a sbf. They were on droids but maybe the process is similar. I have no clue how recovery was lost. Hopefully a developer will chime in with a remedy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary