06-30-2012 10:21 PM
28 12
tools
    Okay so I didn't know (untill a few mins ago from another thread) that Rom Manager didn't support this phone most of my attempts to boot into cwm recovery, partiton the sd card and flashing roms failed but it did somehow manage to successfully flash superuser 3.0.7 but Rom Manager wont do anything else what should I use to flash to a rom that's actually meant for my phone??

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    06-26-2012 09:34 AM
    Okay so I didn't know (untill a few mins ago from another thread) that Rom Manager didn't support this phone most of my attempts to boot into cwm recovery, partiton the sd card and flashing roms failed but it did somehow manage to successfully flash superuser 3.0.7 but Rom Manager wont do anything else what should I use to flash to a rom that's actually meant for my phone??

Install this as your recovery http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...24-2012-a.html

Use that to flash a ROM.
    jonny5449 likes this.
    06-26-2012 09:53 AM
    Please read stickys if your new to root n rom. They hold all the vital info we need to do anything involving the opti. There's a lot but it makes it easier to understand what exactly were doing. Thanks for all stickys..lol
    06-26-2012 11:54 AM
    Install this as your recovery http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...24-2012-a.html

Use that to flash a ROM.
    I have a problem I flashed that recovery but when I try to boot into it I get a black screen clockworkmod did this then just booted android recovery how can I fix this

06-27-2012 07:27 AM
    You're going to have to boot into the Recovery menu which is: Hold home and Volume down and turn on the phone. Then from there flash the ROM that matches your Radio ZVD or ZVJ.
    06-27-2012 08:49 AM
    I've only ever used xionia. I'd probably just try to start over from scratch. Go into the sticky for automated root and follow the instructions. Or Google search root and rom optimus s noob. There is a super easy sticky on the other forums that I used to gain root and custom recovery. Hope this helps.
    Silas178 likes this.
    06-27-2012 08:49 AM
    You're going to have to boot into the Recovery menu which is: Hold home and Volume down and turn on the phone. Then from there flash the ROM that matches your Radio ZVD or ZVJ.
    I hope he knows how to do that already..lol
    06-27-2012 08:51 AM
    I don't know what it is but IV used rom manager Even after reading the stickys and all the warning........rom manager is like a big red button that says "don't push" but you push it anyways

06-27-2012 10:58 AM
    I hope he knows how to do that already..lol
    You'd be surprised...

I don't know what it is but IV used rom manager Even after reading the stickys and all the warning........rom manager is like a big red button that says "don't push" but you push it anyways

Because it's the "easy" way, which will supposedly do everything for you, instead of having to take the time to do a little reading and research.
    06-27-2012 11:12 AM
    You'd be surprised...

Because it's the "easy" way, which will supposedly do everything for you, instead of having to take the time to do a little reading and research.
    I do know how to manually boot into recovery and I didn't use it because I thought it was the easy way I joined this forum after already rooting my phone and using Rom Manager to flash superuser so I didn't know not to use it

06-27-2012 11:39 AM
    When I do this I get a black screen hence my problem

06-27-2012 11:46 AM
    Try re-flashing your recovery image if you can get into your current ROM. Also with Cannibal, you can replace RomManager with GooManager.
    06-27-2012 12:45 PM
    Try re-flashing your recovery image if you can get into your current ROM. Also with Cannibal, you can replace RomManager with GooManager.
    I've tried reflashing it already I'll try cannibal and get back to you

06-27-2012 12:50 PM
    I did the process found here... http://androidforums.com/optimus-s-a...optimus-s.html I haven't had any problem like what your having so I'm useless there. I was always told rom manager= paper weight with our phones so I stayed away..lol can you get the phone to load your original rom? Or does it just stay black screen? What's a bricked phone do when you start it?
    Silas178 likes this.
    06-27-2012 01:42 PM
    I did the process found here... http://androidforums.com/optimus-s-a...optimus-s.html I haven't had any problem like what your having so I'm useless there. I was always told rom manager= paper weight with our phones so I stayed away..lol can you get the phone to load your original rom? Or does it just stay black screen? What's a bricked phone do when you start it?
    Right now I can't get back to my stock rom I'm stuck with superuser till I get a recovery up and running
    I wouldn't say that my phone is bricked because I have a working rom but no recovery. I can boot normally (unless I try to boot into recovery) I'm using it now so I wouldn't say its bricked yet just really unstable
    06-27-2012 02:04 PM
    06-27-2012 02:15 PM
    I already know these things my problem goes deeper thanks anyways

06-27-2012 02:46 PM
    I don't understand how the recovery was deleted without you deleting it. hmmm... yea my best guess is to try and start over completely. Hey if he has superuser can he just grab a recovery and drop it into the system folder? I've never tried but it doesn't sound impossible.?. Sorry I can't help more I'm thinking tho..lol
    06-27-2012 03:09 PM
    I don't understand how the recovery was deleted without you deleting it. hmmm... yea my best guess is to try and start over completely. Hey if he has superuser can he just grab a recovery and drop it into the system folder? I've never tried but it doesn't sound impossible.?. Sorry I can't help more I'm thinking tho..lol
    Can you elaborate on that?

06-27-2012 03:15 PM
    Nvrmnd. I spaced thought superuser was root explorer. I looked online and other people have lost recovery b4 and did a sbf. They were on droids but maybe the process is similar. I have no clue how recovery was lost. Hopefully a developer will chime in with a remedy.
    06-27-2012 04:04 PM
    when flashing cannibal recovery, are you typing "flash_image recovery ..." into a terminal/shell, or are you attempting some other method?
    06-27-2012 05:19 PM
    when flashing cannibal recovery, are you typing "flash_image recovery ..." into a terminal/shell, or are you attempting some other method?
    Im using a terminal emulator in android

06-27-2012 05:27 PM
    Nvrmnd. I spaced thought superuser was root explorer. I looked online and other people have lost recovery b4 and did a sbf. They were on droids but maybe the process is similar. I have no clue how recovery was lost. Hopefully a developer will chime in with a remedy.
    His recovery was lost because he used rom manager.

06-28-2012 05:35 AM
    What errors, if any, do you get when you try to flash_image recovery? Since recoveries are used to flash ROMs and ROMs are used to flash recoveries, maybe ROM Manager deleted your recovery partition or otherwise hosed it.
    06-28-2012 01:06 PM
    What errors, if any, do you get when you try to flash_image recovery? Since recoveries are used to flash ROMs and ROMs are used to flash recoveries, maybe ROM Manager deleted your recovery partition or otherwise hosed it.
    It tells me "flash recovery: not found" and if it did delete my recovery partition how can I restore it?

06-28-2012 01:32 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD