[NETFLIX][FIX][WORKING] Netflix on the LG Optimus S

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed that you must have zvd. Netflix develpers emailed to say that zvj prevents hardware acceleration and causes the lag.

They reported there would be no fix and that will not be attempting to make this right.

Sentth from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Well that stinks.. guess we'll just have to wait till some devs in the Optimus s/v community gets hardware acceleration working in other ROMs, or someone is going to have to write a custom firmware with hardware acceleration drivers working.. till then, if we want Netflix, gotta use ZVD/Froyo roms..

sent from my un-dead sammich.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Does the rom have anything to do with it? Because I am on Mrg666's MiRaGe CM7.2 for ZVD and I have the problem, or are you just talking about it working on a stock rom?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Does the rom have anything to do with it? Because I am on Mrg666's MiRaGe CM7.2 for ZVD and I have the problem, or are you just talking about it working on a stock rom?

Its only working in Froyo based ROMs. For some reason, in GB based ROMs, sync is broken, and in ICS based ROMs, video, and sync is broken.
I wish I had the smarts to figure out why this is so, and attempt to fix it, but I'm simply not very educated in that specific area of programming. This issue is slowly starting to get more attention, someone over in the V forums is attempting to at least get video to play in Netflix on quattrimus. Not sure on their progress yet, but at least someone is trying.

I'm almost certain that its because ZVD is made for froyo, and since ZVJ(stock GB) doesn't play well with hardware acceleration, that when devs were building GB roms for FROYO firmware, that same issue with ZVJ stayed in GB roms for ZVD.. not sure what the official ICS firmware is(ZVR?? I think?? don't think I'm even close) But its even worse there..
(Technically, all GB roms are ZVJ ports to ZVD, unless built otherwise. So whatever is wrong with ZVJ, persists in GB roms for ZVD, which would explain why GB has sync issues with Netflix)

So unless some figures out why its broken in ZVJ, and makes a flash able fix for all GB roms, or another custom Netflix app, then it MIGHT be fixed.. these are just my theories that could be better explained, but I'm lazy at the moment.

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Its only working in Froyo based ROMs. For some reason, in GB based ROMs, sync is broken, and in ICS based ROMs, video, and sync is broken.
I wish I had the smarts to figure out why this is so, and attempt to fix it, but I'm simply not very educated in that specific area of programming. This issue is slowly starting to get more attention, someone over in the V forums is attempting to at least get video to play in Netflix on quattrimus. Not sure on their progress yet, but at least someone is trying.

I'm almost certain that its because ZVD is made for froyo, and since ZVJ(stock GB) doesn't play well with hardware acceleration, that when devs were building GB roms for FROYO firmware, that same issue with ZVJ stayed in GB roms for ZVD.. not sure what the official ICS firmware is(ZVR?? I think?? don't think I'm even close) But its even worse there..
(Technically, all GB roms are ZVJ ports to ZVD, unless built otherwise. So whatever is wrong with ZVJ, persists in GB roms for ZVD, which would explain why GB has sync issues with Netflix)

So unless some figures out why its broken in ZVJ, and makes a flash able fix for all GB roms, or another custom Netflix app, then it MIGHT be fixed.. these are just my theories that could be better explained, but I'm lazy at the moment.

ICS is not officially supported on our phones. Thekraven has made ICS a custom ROM that runs on the ZVD baseband that is based on ICS + CM9.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
ICS is not officially supported on our phones. Thekraven has made ICS a custom ROM that runs on the ZVD baseband that is based on ICS + CM9.

Yes I know its not officially supported on the LG Optimus One line, but if it were, it'd be a different baseband than ZVD and ZVJ. I'm hoping that the official unofficial ics kernel that Drew and tdm are working on, would at least get video for netflix working in ICS ROMs, that way all someone would have to do, is fix hardware acceleration. Which would be difficult considering quallcomm won't write, nor release the drivers we need for hardware acceleration.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
OOOORRRRRRRR you could use my guide to get netflix, youtube, cbs, nbc, abc, fox, comedy central, syfy, spike, espn, cnn, and many other tv content stuff on ANY ROM OF ANY TYPE. -including ics gingerbreak and ics. I know what you're saying. Can't do that without hardware acceleration. Well you're in luck, because it DOESN'T USE HARDWARE ACCELERATION.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
OOOORRRRRRRR you could use my guide to get netflix, youtube, cbs, nbc, abc, fox, comedy central, syfy, spike, espn, cnn, and many other tv content stuff on ANY ROM OF ANY TYPE. -including ics gingerbreak and ics. I know what you're saying. Can't do that without hardware acceleration. Well you're in luck, because it DOESN'T USE HARDWARE ACCELERATION.

You sir, are a life saver... But unfortunately it is not worth 4 dollars a month for me :( ..... Why cant things just be free???!!!???

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You're not allowed to provide links, discuss exactly how to get it working, provide screen shots, or provide help.

Last edited: