[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
TDM, is there any way to edit the "fstab" file in here (I think it's in the vold.fstab helper script, but I'm not too sure) so that a symbolic link can be created to move data/data to the sd-ext? I'm not 100% sure and I'm not too familiar with ROMs, so I don't want to undo something you've done by accident. Or does your script have shell commands that we can run with some type to move application data to the sd-ext?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
TDM, is there any way to edit the "fstab" file in here (I think it's in the vold.fstab helper script, but I'm not too sure) so that a symbolic link can be created to move data/data to the sd-ext? I'm not 100% sure and I'm not too familiar with ROMs, so I don't want to undo something you've done by accident. Or does your script have shell commands that we can run with some type to move application data to the sd-ext?

I'm not sure that is a good idea. Both system and user-installed apps store data in /data/data.

Right now the worst that will happen when you remove the sdcard is that your user-installed apps won't be there and the dalvik cache will repopulate. But if /data/data is moved, you get pretty much a factory reset when you remove the sdcard. :eek:

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Oooh, I like the new aokp boot animation :)

It fits the screen now too :D

Also, I hate asking for eta's but are you planning on incorporating the fix for YouTube that kappacat discovered into aokp so it won't be a slide show anymore? I'm only asking because I can do it myself, but if it's going to be included soon I won't bother with it. Thanks :)

Last edited:

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
so then, is it possible in theory to shrink some volumes? to change some partitions that are being used (such as cache, or dev) and shrink some free space from there? It would more than likely have to be an entire ROM change correct? Are those partitions used to fill up the space that I'm not aware of? I know cache is used for market and whatnot, but mine always says it's got >120 MB free, and I'm not sure what /dev is used for, but it's got >200 free. are either of these folders used in swap-space that I'm not aware of?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Oooh, I like the new aokp boot animation :)

It fits the screen now too :D

Also, I hate asking for eta's but are you planning on incorporating the fix for YouTube that kappacat discovered into aokp so it won't be a slide show anymore? I'm only asking because I can do it myself, but if it's going to be included soon I won't bother with it. Thanks :)

It hasn't been verified. It would be awesome if someone could do that and tell me exactly which lib(s) are at fault.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It is possible to have the kernel ignore the partition info and use its own. But I don't really want to go there if I can avoid it.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Warning/Bug report:

On aokp, if you are playing around with your lockscreen styles and put it on Honeycomb, the unlock ring and any shortcuts will disappear so you cannot unlock the phone!

The way around this is to pull down the notification panel and press (or long press, however you have it setup) the settings icon, which will allow you to bypass the lockscreen and change the lockscreen style to something else to fix it.

Edit: another bug...

When I enable Power Saver and enable it in my power control menu, holding the power button causes the phone to reboot instead of bringing up the menu :what: Disabling it makes the power menu function again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thraeryn

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think in the AOKP nightly build something with the sync feature is broken; my wifi signal won't turn blue and won't connect. I'll reprt back after reflashing and doing the toggle dances

EDIT: OK can someone help me out? I was running AOKP Beta 1 and decided to flash the nightly. Cleared cache and Dalvik, flashed nightly. Wifi broke, didn't wanna connect. Restored the nandroid I had of perfectly fine AOKP Beta 1 and wifi is still broken. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Sdude1200

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Warning/Bug report:

On aokp, if you are playing around with your lockscreen styles and put it on Honeycomb, the unlock ring and any shortcuts will disappear so you cannot unlock the phone!

The way around this is to pull down the notification panel and press (or long press, however you have it setup) the settings icon, which will allow you to bypass the lockscreen and change the lockscreen style to something else to fix it.

Edit: another bug...

When I enable Power Saver and enable it in my power control menu, holding the power button causes the phone to reboot instead of bringing up the menu :what: Disabling it makes the power menu function again.

I too have experienced both of these too. I was about to report this when I saw you had :thumbup:

Sent from my Frozen Optimus S

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So reporting another "glitch" although I don't know if this is actually a glitch so much. Playing around with camera app trying to take videos has made me realize you can't take mms videos.. the phone won't connect to the camera correctly because it's supposed to be a small resolution that apparently this camera doesn't scale to. 176x144 is what some downloaded cameras, and some attempts at getting things to work, have led me to believe that it's the resolution it's trying and failing to see..

also I think that the reason we can't view our recorded videos is the type of mp4 codec that it records in.. I've tested different apps that all needed the ARM V6 VFP Codec in order to play, so is it possible to find some type that would work with our video player?

Last edited:

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say, I've been posting this and that and bugs and such, but I never really said thank you. I wanted to thank you TDM for making this incredibly awesome ROM and breathing new life into my phone. Just about everything important works and the few small things that don't (the camcorder recording in the supported codec, the google voice integration {really that's all the problems I've had} ) aren't bad enough to steer me clear. This is my daily driver and I love that feeling of a new phone.

Also, the whole /data/data thing is something I'm gonna take care of, I'm gonna make symbolic links from the folders that aren't system apps to my sd-ext. I just have to wait till later. My son is playing Angry Birds Space. :)

Reactions: tdm

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So i posted a few days ago about apps not installing -- "insufficient storage" error.....you guys probably thought of this but just putting this out there: clearing data from Google Play Store fixes the issue.

EDIT: Ugh, just kidding, i guess that doesn't fix it after all. It worked when I reinstalled Titanium Backup, but none of my apps will update because there's supposedly "insufficient storage" available. Yeah well guess what, I have 50 mb free on my /data partition.

uuuuuuugh does anyone have any ideas

Last edited:

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So i posted a few days ago about apps not installing -- "insufficient storage" error.....you guys probably thought of this but just putting this out there: clearing data from Google Play Store fixes the issue.

EDIT: Ugh, just kidding, i guess that doesn't fix it after all. It worked when I reinstalled Titanium Backup, but none of my apps will update because there's supposedly "insufficient storage" available. Yeah well guess what, I have 50 mb free on my /data partition.

uuuuuuugh does anyone have any ideas

Clear caches and reboot?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Couple notes:

clodfelterac in the VM670 thread found some property tweaks that reduce reboots. I'm putting them into the next nightly build so test 7/13 vs. 7/14 to see if that improves things.

The ROM directories were getting cluttered. So I created a new nightly directory and the new nightly builds will be placed there, starting today. I'll update the webpage links soon.

foltz61

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I've had any reboots with Quatrimus. I started with beta1 and jumped to 7/8 nightly. Then 7/11 nightly. Thanks for your hard work by the way.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tdm

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few reboots, but I'm a bit of a hardcore power user, and I've had reboots on the stock rom as well cause I've pushed the phone to the core; I have a tendency to get "impatient" and like to do 5-6 things at once. That said, I have had some pretty bad reboots, especially when after it says it's "Upgrading" and then has to optimize apps or something among those lines, since I have something close to 300 apps on my phone! But, for the most part it seems to be able to keep up with me, although that does beg me to ask two questions.

1st one is which governor seems to be more stable between all of them. I tend to use SmartAss v2, InteractiveX, or SavagedZen.. Noticed a few harder crashes on SavagedZen, but it could've just been my imagination unless anyone else has had similar issues..

2nd one is I've yet to create symlinks to the data/data NON-System Apps. Before I do it later tonight after I take a nandroid backup, are there any system apps that seem to be tricky under strange different names? I want to try to move all the user app-data to the sd-ext partition and leave the system app-data on the internal; but are there any system apps that I can safely move to the sd-ext that would NOT result in total catastrophe if something happens to my SD card by accident? And is it even safe to create symlinks to user-data. I'd assume so and it shouldn't be hard, but I just want to cover my bases.

Also, I hear using a SD-Ext partition and such as all this, will shorten the life of the SD Card. I understand that and it makes sense considering the limitation of flash media, but on average how long can the average SD card last in a case like this, where it constantly accesses the sd-ext partition for apps, dalvik-cache, and soon app-data? if I can milk a year and a half, maybe a year it would be magnificent. I don't use a swap partition (even though I set one up for future in case, I decided against activating it and made sure it wasn't being used by using the free command) so I hear that should prolong the inevitable death a bit longer. Any word on all this?