[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Loving this rom...little bugs here and there but overall its pretty stable. Main bug I see is the toggle switches in the notifications tab disappeared

Did you turn them on? In AOKP you can toggle the switches by tapping the "Settings" icon next to the date in your notification bar (long pressing brings up settings). CM9 just look through the settings and make sure it's enabled. They work in both for me...

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Did you turn them on? In AOKP you can toggle the switches by tapping the "Settings" icon next to the date in your notification bar (long pressing brings up settings). CM9 just look through the settings and make sure it's enabled. They work in both for me...

Oh i see im a n00b at aokp and ics (have used cyanogen a bunch though).

Thanks that fixed it

bilbomarks

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else's mobile data button not turning on and off when pressed on the drawer's power widget? It works to turn off actual mobile data, but it never displays as off on the widget itself.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So, my first experience with AOKP is.....well, cool. Same bugs as CM9, so no real surprises. Lots of customization features though, so it's pretty cool. If you want to change the bootanimation just replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip.

The ROM is very speedy. Speakerphone works, calls sound good, web browsing works as expected...

Coming off of wifi and switching back to 3g often breaks data for me, but this happened on CAI CM9 as well. Toggling mobile data fixes it (though, surprisingly, toggling the whole radio doesn't)

I love being able to kill apps by long-pressing the back button.

One question though -- what actually changes when you change the screen density?

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
So, my first experience with AOKP is.....well, cool. Same bugs as CM9, so no real surprises. Lots of customization features though, so it's pretty cool. If you want to change the bootanimation just replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip.

The ROM is very speedy. Speakerphone works, calls sound good, web browsing works as expected...

Coming off of wifi and switching back to 3g often breaks data for me, but this happened on CAI CM9 as well. Toggling mobile data fixes it (though, surprisingly, toggling the whole radio doesn't)

I love being able to kill apps by long-pressing the back button.

One question though -- what actually changes when you change the screen density?
When you change the DPI things on the screen get smaller or bigger, I usually change the DPI because some things on the screen are too big, and with the lockscreen, if you have widgets plus a pattern lock things will get cut off because there isn't enough room on the screen for all of it, plus I like the smaller look to it

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
When you change the DPI things on the screen get smaller or bigger, I usually change the DPI because some things on the screen are too big, and with the lockscreen, if you have widgets plus a pattern lock things will get cut off because there isn't enough room on the screen for all of it, plus I like the smaller look to it

okay, it's just weird because when I attempted to change it, nothing seemed to happen...

And yes, I believe I was following the in-ROM instructions....but i'll give it another go and see what happens

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
okay, it's just weird because when I attempted to change it, nothing seemed to happen...

And yes, I believe I was following the in-ROM instructions....but i'll give it another go and see what happens

If you still have trouble there are apps on the market that will do it for you... But just a warning if you don't already know, you will have issues with your phone apk, I am currently trying to find the most compatible one for this rom, also you will also need to mod the android market to to fix incompatibility issues with that too

Reactions: prowlingfox

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
If you still have trouble there are apps on the market that will do it for you... But just a warning if you don't already know, you will have issues with your phone apk, I am currently trying to find the most compatible one for this rom, also you will also need to mod the android market to to fix incompatibility issues with that too

I was aware of the market issues but not the phone issues....let me know if/when you come up with a solution. thanks for the info

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I love the rom so far, I've found a new daily driver now :). and since my back button is touchy I love the soft key option. also when playing mucis with I heart radio it sounds as if the speaker is trying to cut out not sure if it has something to do with the driver or if its the speaker in my phone :( again thanks for all the hard work you have put in to this

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@tdm, will a kernel flash of, say, the kernel in 16E CAI fix youtube by any chance? on AOKP?

I'd recommend against flashing any other kernel. Each of the devs has different headers for the graphics stuff so you may get weird colors or worse. That said, can't hurt to try as long as you've got a backup...

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend against flashing any other kernel. Each of the devs has different headers for the graphics stuff so you may get weird colors or worse. That said, can't hurt to try as long as you've got a backup...

tried kravens 15 kernel, works fine with the ROM but doesnt fix youtube. its a little better i suppose. does AOKP compile using qcoms adreno libs??

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it safe if I dirty flash AOKP over CAI 16E? Or to be extra safe I should just do a clean flash?

The same goes for the CM9 builds; just wondering how different the iterations of CM9 are

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it safe if I dirty flash AOKP over CAI 16E? Or to be extra safe I should just do a clean flash?

The same goes for the CM9 builds; just wondering how different the iterations of CM9 are

You may get fc's especially going between projects. And please don't report bugs unless you do a clean flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21