[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS (ZVD)

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
If this hasn't already been figured out, video recording and why it wont play in gallery, It's either hardware acceleration or the software decoding of the gallery app because I noticed that I can get MPEG4 codec videos to play in the gallery but not H.264, and I believe H.264 is the codec use to code recorded videos, so that's why they don't play

Edit: Maybe even a possible kernel problem?

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If this hasn't already been figured out, video recording and why it wont play in gallery, It's either hardware acceleration or the software decoding of the gallery app because I noticed that I can get MPEG4 codec videos to play in the gallery but not H.264, and I believe H.264 is the codec use to code recorded videos, so that's why they don't play

Edit: Maybe even a possible kernel problem?

Try editing init.d and build.prop..

MAY help.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: duffieldj1

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Try editing init.d and build.prop..

MAY help.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Edit:

Well I googled a few things and found out that software decoder is used for MPEG-4 codded videos so the problem is hardware acceleration... but as far as editing init.d and build.prop I have no idea how to do that... I'm just trying to help find issues and possible solutions

Last edited:

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to grab the latest nightly to check out that deep sleep. Also noticed in the changelog that there was a note at the bottom about "continuous-picture focus mode" being added. Anyone have any clue what that could be about?

Last edited:

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Deep sleep seems to be working well on the latest aokp nightly. I was already getting awesome battery life on aokp, can't wait to see how it is since this seems to be fixed!

Nice job, tdm. :thumbup::D

Reactions: tdm

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Earlier today, I tried dirty flashing the latest nightly over beta 1 AOKP. Wiped /system and /cache only. For some reason, whenever I dirty flash CM9/AOKP, it breaks Titanium Backup. I get a "Unfortunately, Titanium Backup has stopped." message at every boot. So I tried uninstalling/reinstalling TB. Unfortunately, upon trying to reinstall, Google Play / apk installer kept telling me that there wasn't enough space. This was a little strange, as I had about 60mb free on the /data partition (I don't have sd-ext so my /data partition is still on the phone with AOKP). The only way I could reinstall TB was by installing it to the SD card through ADB

Code:
adb install -s C:\android\tb5103.apk

Weird, right?

Also, while on the latest nightly, the device kept getting very hot for some reason. All I was doing was using Facebook Messenger over 3G and texting. However, maybe this was just because I was using Messenger heavily over 3G? I don't know....

I flashed back to my Beta 1 nandroid....maybe I'll give the nightly another go...

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Concerned about something. I partitioned my SD Card to have 4GB of EXT space.. using FreeSpace and Titanium Backup I can see that a majority of apps are there. Not all, but a good majority. BUT, I was under the impression that with SD EXT I can have just about all the apps that aren't system on the EXT partition.

Now I believe that /data/apps is a symbolic link to /sd-ext/apps since they're both the exact same size and the amount of space there is a lot higher than my internal space limit, but all of a sudden I've run out of space on internal (which is why I'm here asking if I've done something wrong) , and my EXT said I still have plenty of space on the EXT part.

after moving some apps to my SD Card I was able to get my amount of space to 42MB free, but what confuses me is according to FreeSpace, my EXT shows all 3844 of the SD-EXT and lists only 814MB of it as used reporting back that only 21% of it is being used. I used to see a space option that listed space as -302579 or something among those lines. I can't seem to find that anymore. Is this to be expected and I understood SD-EXT wrong, or is this something that broke and I can fix it with a fresh flash and reinstalling my apps.. I read somewhere I think that Quattrimus won't use the sd-ext for space unless the /data/apps was empty, but both are full

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
The script used to do the sd-ext magic is, from what I gather, very similar to something called mount2sd. It mounts /sd-ext/app on top of /data/app. This means anything in /data/app is effectively hidden from view. And this is why it refuses to do the mount when /data/app is not empty. Same with dalvik but the script doesn't care about hiding existing dex files.

The best way to see what's going on is to run a shell (either via adb or on the phone itself) and run the mount command. Just type mount and press enter. You are only interested in the first two columns/fields. The first is the mount device and the second is the mount point.

The first thing to note is the mount point /sd-ext. It should be mounted on device /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. Then, under that, you should see /data/dalvik-cache and /data/app also mounted on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2. These are the overlying mounts (the mount2sd magic). If you don't see one or more of these, something is not working properly.

Reactions: NyhtShade

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
That's kinda dumb. What repo did they rename?

They renamed vendor_aokp to vendor_aokp_ics. and created a new vendor_aokp repo. I presume this is preparation for jellybean. But I don't understand why they didn't just make a jellybean branch. Clearly it was not a mistake because of this commit.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I am over-looking a setting (CM9), but usually I run on wifi a lot and I make sure the "sleep" setting is set to "never" when the screen is off. However, I noticed when I have my screen off for a good period of time, when I turn it back on wifi starts to re-connect. This causes me to get delayed notifications from facebook/gmail/twitter/etc, I'll unlock and then I get everything.

...on a positive note, I've never got facebook push-notifications till this ROM...TOO COOL!!!! :cool::cool::cool: Thanks TDM!!!

twigge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I am over-looking a setting (CM9), but usually I run on wifi a lot and I make sure the "sleep" setting is set to "never" when the screen is off. However, I noticed when I have my screen off for a good period of time, when I turn it back on wifi starts to re-connect. This causes me to get delayed notifications from facebook/gmail/twitter/etc, I'll unlock and then I get everything.

I have seen this same behavior on my own phone. As an aside it also causes Gtalk to lose connectivity on my end, yet show me as connected for those on my contact list. Which then causes them to send me a message which I do not get till I look at my phone.

I should note that this has been a problem with every ICS version I have had installed to my phone dating back to the early stable days of CAI.

For the time being I just turn off Wifi and use 3g as 3g does not seem to be effected by long periods of the phone screen being off.

Reactions: tlrsax54

NyhtShade

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
After doing some digging, I found out the cause of my internal space issue. While the APK's are in fact in sd-ext/apps (the symlink in data/apps kept throwing me off, but I figured it out) the lib and .db files are still in /data/apps. I'm not sure if it's even possible to move those since I can't even find them except when I'm using DiskUsage. Anybody know about how to help with that? I'm gonna clear some space, take a fresh nandroid image, clear the dalvik, and try some theories; but if anyone has any tips, shoot away. (And thanks to TDM for the shell trick. Took me off-guard to see a UNIX-type shell on my phone and I then remembered these are built from linux, in fact I think this phone's original stock ROM was built from Ubuntu. But thanks for that, they came up just like you said and I knew then there were no problems on that end)

Update, using your information that it was similar to Mount2SD, I looked up M2SD commands and tried to run some. It said it wasn't found. I also found the /data/data files that contain the lib (.so) and .db files (rather than the /data/apps that I thought they were in at the time) and as I suspected, this is the cause of my internal space being filled up easily. Some apps are filling up the data portion (like Play Music and the Contacts Storage) and because of this, my internal data is shrinking, and I thought it was the apps I was downloading.. I'm thrilled to know the SD-Ext is in fact working (I'm approaching 3/4 of a gig in apps and dalvik-cache) and just wish I knew of a way to move the /data/data files to the SD-Ext. M2SD commands won't work (tried in adb and terminal emulator) and I'm at a loss since I don't know any commands for whatever script this is running.

Last edited:

scuzzy1

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm really enjoying the AOKP beta, but I have some bugs/problems to point out. I'm not entirely sure if the problems are AOKP, the optimus or app problems, so take it for what it's worth.

Gtalk: there doesn't appear to be any way to turn off automatic sign on. I opened the app and signed out manually, but every time I opened up gmail (I think), I would be logged back on. I finally just uninstalled it.

I had one case of a "standby coma" where the phone doesn't wake no matter how long you wait after mashing the power button. Only happened once so far, so it might have just been a one time thing.

Gmail: the content of my emails turns to a blank white screen when I start scrolling through a message. Wiping the apps data/cache or a reboot fixes the problem.

HandcentSMS: Completely subjective, but the app seems to run much slower than I remember when I was on ZVJ. Any recommendations for a quicker replacement besides stock?

I'm having some random push notification problems. After some random period of standby/screen off, the phone stops receiving Gmail notifications. About 30 seconds after I unlock the phone, I get the notifications, so they work, they just aren't instantaneous when the phone goes unused for some period of time.

The problem is most noticeable in the morning; I don't receive any emails or email notifications from emails received overnight. I did a quick search and it seems that it might be a problem with ICS. Tried the remove google acount, delete and reinstall Gmail dance, but it didn't help.

I'm not sure how much it will help, but I also took a logcat. At some point during the middle of the night (I don't have times in my logcat output?) it looks like Gmail stops running or asking for syncs. The last message from Gmail is "Successful index run, cancel next scheduled index run". After that, no Gmail activity shows up again until after the phone is unlocked. Anyone else having push notification problems? Is there a fix, or is this how it's supposed to work?

Regardless, I'm really enjoying the rom; awesome job tdm.

theBIG

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
First, thanks for this rom!

But I've run into a small problem: I flashed last night, and I'm already getting errors that updates won't install (out of space.) I have an 8GB card, 1GB partitioned. FreeSpace says there's something taking up 134MB of Ext space, while system is nearly maxed at 155 of 158MB. I didn't installing any 2sd scripts of my own. Is there a setting somewhere that I may have overlooked?

eta: Removed a few apps and installed DiskUsage, and can see 48.8MB of "system data" and 86.0MB dalvik in sd-ext. No apps.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

PENOYER

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
This is amazing TDM. I'm running the latest nightly AOKP. I'm blown away by the accuracy/speed. Looking forward for the final version. Thank god for devs!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois