Phone app crashing!

mdoorkeeper

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Here's another weird one. This has happened maybe 5 or 6 times in the last couple of weeks. I'll either reboot the phone or start from shutdown. The lockscreen shows "no service" where it should say "SPRINT", and when I unlock, the first thing I see is a "Sorry" popup telling me that "com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" with a FC button at the bottom. Touch the button, and it goes away, them pops right back up again in a few seconds, ad infinitum. This doesn't happen EVERY time...just...sometimes. The only "fix" I've found so far is to restore a backup.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? How to fix? How to prevent future occurrences? My reaction is "The PHONE app crashed?! Are you f'ing kidding me?" After all isn't that the primary reason for the existence of the device in the first place?

BTW: it's an LS670 rooted, running thekravens latest build of CM7.2 (3.7.2012d-cm72 RC1-IHO-kraven)

PS: What is the smiley for scratching head in perplexity? :confused:?

fankhanelraul

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me. I recall messing around in the settings, seeing what would happen if I switched carriers cuz I knew nothing would happen but then that thing happened...

I panicked for a second but I just went home and switched roms because I'd been meaning to anyway. That fixed it. Weird a backup restore wouldn't do it.

Can't help you on the smiley issue tho. :)

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem back in April after I did a PRL update. I had to restore a nandroid backup the same as you. I think a couple of times I got it to work again after several reboots and turning airplane mode on/off a few times.

After getting annoyed with having to restore backups I did a clean install of the ROM and reloading all of my apps. I haven't had the problem in a few months since then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670