[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

ctgova

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried Dante ROM, and CMX using the patch. My only stupidity was using the wrong GAPPS for Dante. I now have three GAPPS zips on my SD card root. Works great!
ctgova

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: nitestalkr

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips

ZVD working on ZVJ!!! :D
This is the best thing ever! Especially cause of my guide to get OV's onto ZVJ ^_^

Adding this to that OP

Reactions: nitestalkr

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
ZVD working on ZVJ!!! :D
This is the best thing ever! Especially cause of my guide to get OV's onto ZVJ ^_^

Adding this to that OP

Its not just zvd either its zv4 zv5 zv9 and zvd to zvj aka pretty much every rom for the S and V can now be run on zvj radio on either phone mms fixes will be needed for s roms on the v and v roms on the s

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Its not just zvd either its zv4 zv5 zv9 and zvd to zvj aka pretty much every rom for the S and V can now be run on zvj radio on either phone mms fixes will be needed for s roms on the v and v roms on the s

Mms is partially functional, from what some people have been saying.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
MMS shouldn't be to hard to build into. Ill be back late tomorrow or Tuesday morning. Eastern time.

I'm gonna try these patches soon enough. Always wanted to fully use Hydro Rom. Maybe I can even remove sprint stuff from settings. :)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips

I tried Dante ROM, and CMX using the patch. My only stupidity was using the wrong GAPPS for Dante. I now have three GAPPS zips on my SD card root. Works great!
ctgova

Dante is stock based and has gapps included!

Reactions: ctgova

thattypicalnerd

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Patch]ZVJ to ZVD Flashable zip

Confirmed data working with quatrimus on ZVJ!! :cool:

zv-4-5-9-d-to-zvj.zip

this is not a flashable zip i just used adb to push the files over and it worked flawlessly. guess now zvj users can run just about any rom :D

If the flashable zip from the OP is the same as this one, it's confirmed working on my LG Optimus S. MMS receiving works fine, sending doesn't work, but that's due to something completely unrelated (MVNO issue). Don't see why it shouldn't for regular Sprint users, since receiving works fine. I'm currently running CM7 on a ZVJ radio. I'd just like to thank the thewraith420/OP for making this idea, you just made my life 100x easier :D

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If the flashable zip from the OP is the same as this one, it's confirmed working on my LG Optimus S. MMS receiving works fine, sending doesn't work, but that's due to something completely unrelated (MVNO issue). Don't see why it shouldn't for regular Sprint users, since receiving works fine. I'm currently running CM7 on a ZVJ radio. I'd just like to thank the thewraith420/OP for making this idea, you just made my life 100x easier :D

Yup, thewraith tested it before I made it flashable, he provided the files for me, and I made it flashable. The 2 of us, along with a few others are working on fully integrating Optimus S/V, and all radio basebands, with a few different methods. Many have thought it to be impossible, and we made it happen.

ctgova

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Dante is stock based and has gapps included!

Wow, I wonder how I have made it this far without major disaster. So what happened when I flashed GAPPS from ICS after Dante? Does it try to remove and replace with incompatible files?
ctgova

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I wonder how I have made it this far without major disaster. So what happened when I flashed GAPPS from ICS after Dante? Does it try to remove and replace with incompatible files?
ctgova

It just tries to overwrite the existing GAPPs, but since Dante is GB, and you tried ICS gapps, it can cause some errors.

Reactions: ctgova

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am running into a problem but I am not sure if it is because I am misunderstanding the purpose of this patch. I am currently running Cold as Ice on LS670ZVD. I wanted to try out Dante rom since it has a working wifi tether. I downloaded the Dante zip file as well as the ZVJ to ZVD patch-Optimus S-07272013.zip. I then performed a full wipe via cannibal open touch. Then flashed the dante zip, (didnt flash gapps because they seem to be built-in) and then flashed the patch. However, I keep getting the error:

Verifying update package...
E: Missing file:
system/tts/lang_pico/es-ES_ta.bin
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Then, if I go ahead and reboot into dante, the rom seems to load just fine actually and I can surf the internet through a wifi connection but I am getting no radio signal at all. As I said before, I might have misunderstood the purpose of this patch, but I shouldn't I be able to use this rom? Also, what am I doing wrong that gives me this error? Thanks for your help!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am running into a problem but I am not sure if it is because I am misunderstanding the purpose of this patch. I am currently running Cold as Ice on LS670ZVD. I wanted to try out Dante rom since it has a working wifi tether. I downloaded the Dante zip file as well as the ZVJ to ZVD patch-Optimus S-07272013.zip. I then performed a full wipe via cannibal open touch. Then flashed the dante zip, (didnt flash gapps because they seem to be built-in) and then flashed the patch. However, I keep getting the error:

Verifying update package...
E: Missing file:
system/tts/lang_pico/es-ES_ta.bin
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Then, if I go ahead and reboot into dante, the rom seems to load just fine actually and I can surf the internet through a wifi connection but I am getting no radio signal at all. As I said before, I might have misunderstood the purpose of this patch, but I shouldn't I be able to use this rom? Also, what am I doing wrong that gives me this error? Thanks for your help!

Flashable rom, disable signature verification, then flash the ZVJ to ZVD patch.

StephenAaron

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Man, 2 minute response time...not bad. Thanks for your help and thanks for the patch! It's pretty sweet. I was not looking forward to changing to zvj to try out the CM10 rom (or any other zvj roms) but now I can with no hassle. Thanks!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Man, 2 minute response time...not bad. Thanks for your help and thanks for the patch! It's pretty sweet. I was not looking forward to changing to zvj to try out the CM10 rom (or any other zvj roms) but now I can with no hassle. Thanks!

That's one thing that I do best(usually), is provide a quick response.
And no problem, I wasn't looking forward to waiting for CM10 to come to the Optimus V, and thus I began my integration patch projects.

thattypicalnerd

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Why is there an MMS.apk in the ZVD ---> ZVJ zip? It broke SMS on CM7 and MIUI, and I spent about an hour trying to figure out why my phone didn't like showing the MMS.apk on the homescreen... until I figured out it was this zip. xD