FPse on Optimus S?

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Pretty good actually iv played final fantasy tactics and final fantasy 7 on my opti s cant remember if I was useing fpse or not there a few ps1 emulators out there try different versions of the same emulator till you find one that works ps1 is totally doable on this device n64 is just a little out of the optimus s capabilitys you can run n64 games but you cant get a playable framerate

Ps1 is pushin it but you can do it
Iv done it and its fun check out [Mod edit: copyrighted material] they got all that you need

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: blockhunsberger

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
FPse works fine, but 3D games suffer a large lag even when OC'd. I've played Spyro 2 (Sound turned off kinda speeds it up a little), Digimon Rumble Arena (works till you get to the title screen then lags like no tomorrow), Digimon World 3 (Works great, not sure about the battle scenes yet though.), and Chrono Cross (very slow, but it's possible to get a playable FPS with a lot of work.)

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Apparently you get infractions here at android central central for discussing anything of interest or recommending legal websites to fellow members:mad:
Im actually pretty upset about this
And am trying to handle it maturely

MY EDIT : yes anthonycr your right i do disagree with the mod...i still do but what am i going to do

to the MODS:you guys should be more understanding about this topic i wasnt trying to say hey go "here" to get your roms i was simply talking about diffrent emulator versions and a place to get them wich is perfectly legal
i understand the mods descision even though i dont agree
oh well its time to move on

anyone know where i can cash in 50 points of infraction:p

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Its not a legal website if they are publishing copyrighted material for free on the site. Take up your concerns with the moderator instead of publicly complaining. In all my days I've never seen a public complaint about moderation end well... and remember, you never win against a mod, so either put it behind you and move on, or talk to the mods. I can assure they don't bite. :cool:

Reactions: vernotzy21

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, You could've just posted the Play Store link to FPse. That wouldn't have been an infraction. Also if they provide it for a free download then it's not a "LEGAL" site since FPse is a paid application. Not to mention that the BIOS Images and ISOs for the games are not legally obtainable unless you have a copy of the PSX disc and a program that will rip the game perfectly. (Not to mention ripping the BIOS of the console.)

So no, the mods were in the right here. Legal emu or not, free download of a paid application is not legal.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ulator.fpse&feature=nav_result&token=8_unhFWE <-- FPse for Android, $3.95

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, You could've just posted the Play Store link to FPse. That wouldn't have been an infraction. Also if they provide it for a free download then it's not a "LEGAL" site since FPse is a paid application. Not to mention that the BIOS Images and ISOs for the games are not legally obtainable unless you have a copy of the PSX disc and a program that will rip the game perfectly. (Not to mention ripping the BIOS of the console.)

So no, the mods were in the right here. Legal emu or not, free download of a paid application is not legal.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ulator.fpse&feature=nav_result&token=KN0QBVpd <-- FPse for Android, $3.95

i guess your right .......im still pretty sore about it though i dont think i did anything thats wrong
just talking about it but i guess it makes sense
BUT i cant say i know this for sure but isnt outdate software versions and the like considered abandonware??? and how come THAT site isnt shut down i think they have it going because i think they pay royaltys i dont know for sure but with that many ads you know they are makeing money

sorry everyone if i detracted from the topic or added uneeded drama

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i guess your right .......im still pretty sore about it though i dont think i did anything thats wrong
just talking about it but i guess it makes sense
BUT i cant say i know this for sure but isnt outdate software versions and the like considered abandonware??? and how come THAT site isnt shut down i think they have it going because i think they pay royaltys i dont know for sure but with that many ads you know they are makeing money

sorry everyone if i detracted from the topic or added uneeded drama

Just because it's an old version does NOT mean it's abandonware. By your definition Windows XP should be abandonware but it most definitely is not.

Back on topic, I really don't recommend running fpse on the Optimus S. It WILL be slow if not unplayable.

Also, just because X site is distributing illegal copies of software does not give you (read: anyone) the right to link to it. Ever heard of guilty by association?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
There's a reason why that site is hosted in Montenegro.

Shadow, Anthony, and Drew collectively hit the nail on the head on each and every one of their points.

We generally take the hard line on anything that's anti developer -- including stealing from them.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
sorry i was so angry about all that and the mods are right i was wrong but in the start of it i truly didnt mean to do any harm or condone anything that might offend i just wanted to help

the only reason i got mad about a silly infraction is because i care
ac KEEPS ME SANE and if i lost that..............well it would suck alot.......:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(you would be suprised just lurking helps)
i live in a world where NO ONE geeks like i do
here im not alone

ANYWAY-----TO ALL OF AC IM SORRY FOR NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES AND CRAPPING IN A THREAD-----:(