Goodbye Optimus :(

BakonGuy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Today is a sad day for me, today I'm letting go of my beloved Optimus because I was given a free EVO 3D (and I can't refuse that!). The reason for this post is simply to say my goodbyes to this great community. Also I want to say how much I really appreciate the work the developers here put into this little phone, it's really great and I can't even begin to show you guys how much I appreciate the work (seriously).

So thanks again guys, you made my first android phone a REALLY great experience, and I hope you all the best.

Reactions: Thraeryn

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I left my optimus s for the GS3.

It was a great phone while I had it. I still do have it and still visit these forums a bit. and will flash any new roms i think might be cool.

Thing i miss the most, how easy it is to flash, and almost unbrickable,

Thing i miss the least is the size. After using the GS3 for a while i hold the optimus, and ask how i able to use something so small, lol

cthedogg

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I still have the Optimus. October I might get the GS3 or the iPhone 5. Depends how crappy the iPhone 5 is going to be. Or Wait for the next Nexus phone.
I didn't really like the EVO 3D the battery was kind of crappy and I know 4G LTE is coming so I'll wait.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I still have the Optimus. October I might get the GS3 or the iPhone 5. Depends how crappy the iPhone 5 is going to be. Or Wait for the next Nexus phone.
I didn't really like the EVO 3D the battery was kind of crappy and I know 4G LTE is coming so I'll wait.

I think you should get the gs3. We have seen ios6 which is what the iPhone 5 will run. And it is still boring and behind android in features

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

BakonGuy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

The stock ics rom on my evo3d was pretty crap, i rooted and rom'd it on day 3, now I'm running cm9 and I've fallen in love with my new phone, battery lasts me 2 days on full charge. I'm going to try and keep up on optimus stuff but I definitely won't be doing as much as I did before.

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The stock ics rom on my evo3d was pretty crap, i rooted and rom'd it on day 3, now I'm running cm9 and I've fallen in love with my new phone, battery lasts me 2 days on full charge. I'm going to try and keep up on optimus stuff but I definitely won't be doing as much as I did before.

Hmm...my brother is trying to trade me his EVO3D in exchange for my upgrade in October. If I accept, then I'll be stuck with the EVO until at least between September 2013. Should I accept? It looks like you're having a nice time with the 3D what do you think about it?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...my brother is trying to trade me his EVO3D in exchange for my upgrade in October. If I accept, then I'll be stuck with the EVO until at least between September 2013. Should I accept? It looks like you're having a nice time with the 3D what do you think about it?
Just my $.02: If you already have WiMax 4G in your area and no LTE, that's a great deal. Gives you a chance to see what Sprint is going to do. I wish I had a bro like that! If no WiMax, then it's more of a toss up. If LTE is there, then go get the upgrade as soon as you can. 3Vo is a nice device though and so much better with a good custom ROM.

BakonGuy

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I love this phone. If your wanting a phone that has plenty of rom choice like the Optimus then the 3d is a good option. I'm currently running aokp on jelly bean and the dev team for it are always releasing updates. There's also sense roms, cm9, cm10, aokp-ics, and more. So yeah, I'd recommend the phone. The only thing I don't like is the touch buttons, they are so damn easy to hit on accident. I'm going to see if I can disable them and use on screen buttons.

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Just my $.02: If you already have WiMax 4G in your area and no LTE, that's a great deal. Gives you a chance to see what Sprint is going to do. I wish I had a bro like that! If no WiMax, then it's more of a toss up. If LTE is there, then go get the upgrade as soon as you can. 3Vo is a nice device though and so much better with a good custom ROM.

I love this phone. If your wanting a phone that has plenty of rom choice like the Optimus then the 3d is a good option. I'm currently running aokp on jelly bean and the dev team for it are always releasing updates. There's also sense roms, cm9, cm10, aokp-ics, and more. So yeah, I'd recommend the phone. The only thing I don't like is the touch buttons, they are so damn easy to hit on accident. I'm going to see if I can disable them and use on screen buttons.

Thanks, our area does have (spotty) WiMax and aren't up for an LTE upgrade until late 2013 / early 2014 so I guess I'll go this route after all. Thanks for the advice ^_^