[PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 11/4/2012)

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

Okay. First off, only found one reloc script and the mountext script. Deleted them, and I had deleted Link2SD beforehand anyway. Next, I didn't see anything in Xionia about converting the partitions. I tried to find it and couldn't. Also, the a2sd++ script seems to work awesomely. Current internal space is 153MB; but, I can't seem to install certain things. It probably was just a corrupted app that needs to be downloaded again, but I'm making that point known just in case.

adb shell
# umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# mke2fs -m0 -b4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# e2fsck -yf /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
# tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

koralis

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

The a2sd++ is absolute;y needed when you do this... I couldn't install Maps, a theme, etc, prior to doing it. The link where you get the a2sd++ script says it should work with ext2 though? (I'd formatted as ext4 initially anyway, but doesn't look like you'd need to convert it.)

Good ROM, has a few quirks. Seems to lock the window at odd times... sometimes hard to get the "poweroff" menu rather than just shutting down the screen, etc. USB support is fubar like others have mentioned. Other than that, very nice. Thanks!

PS. Has anyone gotten any themes to work with this rom? I've tried Mixer and get the incorrectly compiled thing. rebooting and reapplying does nothing though.

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

The a2sd++ is absolute;y needed when you do this... I couldn't install Maps, a theme, etc, prior to doing it. The link where you get the a2sd++ script says it should work with ext2 though? (I'd formatted as ext4 initially anyway, but doesn't look like you'd need to convert it.)

Good ROM, has a few quirks. Seems to lock the window at odd times... sometimes hard to get the "poweroff" menu rather than just shutting down the screen, etc. USB support is fubar like others have mentioned. Other than that, very nice. Thanks!

PS. Has anyone gotten any themes to work with this rom? I've tried Mixer and get the incorrectly compiled thing. rebooting and reapplying does nothing though.

hdpi themes will do that regardless, you have to have mdpi themes for them to work...

Last edited:

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/16/2012)

It didn't boot after I flashed

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Whats steps did you take? We will go from there. :)

I don't think a complete dirty flash will work properly. Try formatting system, cache and dalvik. If that doesn't work, then a complete wipe will be necessary.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Whats steps did you take? We will go from there. :)

I don't think a complete dirty flash will work properly. Try formatting system, cache and dalvik. If that doesn't work, then a complete wipe will be necessary.

Steps:
Full wipe
Flash ROM
Flash gapps
Flash patch
No go

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

TribalZR

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Unable to boot as well. Boot anim comes up for a bit then freezes. Tried pulling battery and letting it sit on the boot anim a bit. After awhile it changes to a black screen. I'm coming all the way from CM7.2 so I followed the same procedures I did then which was:

Wipe Cache, Dalvik, Boot, System, Data
Flash Debug-FormatSYSTEM
Flash ROM, GAPPS, Patch

Boots if I don't flash the patch, though.

EDIT: Tried wiping cache/dalvik and rebooted after pulling the battery a few times and it boots now.

Last edited:

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Just checking, you are flashing the 09152012 patch correct. I will rebuild the framework-res.apk to see if that helps. It will later tonight before I can do it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

TribalZR

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Just checking, you are flashing the 09152012 patch correct. I will rebuild the framework-res.apk to see if that helps. It will later tonight before I can do it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

I am using the 09152012 patch. After I got it to from wiping Dalvik/cache it still showed VM instead of Sprint and the keys where still switched. Same deal if I apply the patch after booting the rom for the first time instead of before, except without the freezing.

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I am using the 09152012 patch. After I got it to from wiping Dalvik/cache it still showed VM instead of Sprint and the keys where still switched. Same deal if I apply the patch after booting the rom for the first time instead of before, except without the freezing.

These are the steps I took for a successful flash was: (Note: I am COT Recovery)
1) Factory Reset
2) Pre-flash Wipe
3) Erase boot
4) Erase cache
5) Erase data
6) Erase sd-ext
7) Erase system
8) Erase dalvik-cache
9) Flash ROM
10) Flash GApps
11) Flash ZVD to ZVJ Patch since I am on ZVJ baseband
12) Flash Bobz CM10 LS670 Patch
13) Boot Android

Let me know if this still doesn't work.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

Will try flashing soon. I'm digging on CAI for the moment. Let me have my moment without bugs... ;-)

However, one major complaint I've always has was with the front buttons (ICS and JB always gave me fits. I would hit buttons and wake up my screen ALL THE TIME). So I edited another package and re-upped it.

This is an edited, flashable image that will disable the hardware buttons with reference to screen wake. In other words, all the buttons should function normally except when the screen is off. Once the screen is off, you have to wake it with the headphone jack or the power button. I haven't had any real testing outside of my own device, so let me know if it works right on JB.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...our-hardware-keys-mod_no-buttons-wake-ics.zip

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Let me know if this still doesn't work.

I had flashed your first patch to work on the newer cm10 and it would boot, but then freeze. So I modified your build.prop to be more in line with newer build.prop, but it would then get to the spinning circle and that went on for about 30 minutes before I quit that. So I then pulled your frameworkui out and it booted right up (well, after about 5 minutes of spinning circle).

I believe your frameworkui needs work.

Voice search and voice actions were inop, so I had to nand back to a different rom.

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I had the same issue with booting.
Since the new ROM has the a2sd included, after flashing the ROM I let it boot once, and then I rebooted to recovery for gapps and the script.

edit: HIs mod works fine, my guess is that the problems appear due to the sd-ext patches.

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/17/2012)

I posted a new zip in the OP. I started over and recompiled the framework-res.apk. Let me know if there are still issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze