CM7.2 is slow on the Optimus?

tcleg

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried out the CM7.2 port for the Optimus S recently and found that it runs sluggish even overclocked in comparison to my stock, overclocked CleanRom with them both set to the same clockspeed. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. Flipping through the app drawer is jerky, apps take longer to load, and....it seems as if something in CM7.2 is really taking more from the processor.

Are there any settings I can change to speed it up? I did a data and cache wipe before flashing the rom. I've tried powering the Optimus off and back on. I've tried leaving it alone for a while to give the rom time to "settle."

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I tried out the CM7.2 port for the Optimus S recently and found that it runs sluggish even overclocked in comparison to my stock, overclocked CleanRom with them both set to the same clockspeed. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. Flipping through the app drawer is jerky, apps take longer to load, and....it seems as if something in CM7.2 is really taking more from the processor.

Are there any settings I can change to speed it up? I did a data and cache wipe before flashing the rom. I've tried powering the Optimus off and back on. I've tried leaving it alone for a while to give the rom time to "settle."

It was like that when I was using the stock launcher (ADW). If you're using it, try Go Launcher or Launcher Pro, both run really smooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC