Regarding Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know why drew's profile can't be accessed from tapatalk? This is what I get when I try.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 (latest update: 08/13/2012)

Anyone know why drew's profile can't be accessed from tapatalk? This is what I get when I try.

apparently, it's locked or private for some reason. You can't access it through the web, either. "you do not have permission to access this page" and his avatar is gone.

It may have something to do with some issues over at his forums. If his account info for AC was somehow compromised, it's possible that his AC account was locked to prevent further damage. In any event, be patient, and visit removed by moderator for more COT testing goodness.

Last edited by a moderator:

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I know about the site I was one of the first to sign up. I guess they feel he is trying to make a competing site when all he is doing is trying to keep the general public from getting mad if the beta releases don't function as expected. I under stand where they both (Drew & AC) are coming from. I think it's shady that I posted in the o v cot thread asking the same thing and the thread just vanished.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Guys, Drew has been banned. I hope I don't upset anyone posting this but you deserve to know. I just hope that AC and Drew can work it out. It would be a sad day for ALL Optimus S and V users if it stood. No one has done more for us then him IMHO. To all moderators, please try to work this out.

If not, Drew this is my thanks for all you have done for us. I wish you the best in all your ventures, where ever they shall be.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Technically, Drew was not banned. His account was deactivated, which is why his avatar does not have the undignified banned label under his name.

In my opinion, Drew was and continues to be an outstanding developer, and is one of the great individuals who went above and beyond the call of duty to make the Optimus Forums the best of any forum.

In recognition of this, I awarded Drew a Sr. Android Developer title. I also gave him a Nexus 7 as a token of appreciation and an incentive to continue on in his development.

A few days ago, I woke up to 6 threads in various forums announcing that he had started his own forum and was redirecting members to register and donate for special access to development work.

First of all Android Central prohibits developers from offering ROM's, kernel's, etc. in exchange for PayPal donations. Second of all, it isn't very satisfying for one of our own to kick off his own forum without even giving us a heads up, let alone use AC's forums to advertise them.

I deleted his threads and sent him an email asking him not to advertise/redirect forum members to his new forum. He responded with 6 new threads telling people to follow him on Google Plus if they were interested in pursuing his development work. Well, his Google Plus page is clearly a redirect to his forums.

The rest is history and Drew wasn't treated any differently than any other staff member would have been had they done the same thing - whether it be myself, Phil, or any one else for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.