ICS for ZVH??

Sumpm

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to have to ask, but I've searched around the forums, and can only find ICS for ZVD. Can someone point me to ICS for the ZVH modles?

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'd revert to ZVD if you want something like ICS. The ZVH one isnt as developed, or so ive been told, and the ZVD ones are still being developed. Theres a thread around here somewhere with the ZVD update.zip

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the zvh based cm9 isn't even close to Kravens for zvd. Just read the returning to stock thread and revert to zvd

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You can always use the zvd-zvj patch to use kravens rom without changing baseband.... I actually rely on the patches since all ov roms are zvd based

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

gillist419

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say ZVH = Lameness. My phone runs the "smoothest" under a ZVH rom (hydrorom). All other roms under different basebands that I've tried have had problems running on my phone.

Questions: It's my understanding that ZVH and ZVJ basebands are the basically the same when it comes to the radio, correct? So couldn't you use ZVJ roms on ZVH baseband and vice versa?

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
That's not true. ZVH was a half-step to the much better (and better written) ZVJ baseband. The common wisdom is to upgrade or downgrade. There are no currently supported ZVH ROMs, and the baseband has been abandoned. I'm very sorry.

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Upgrading or downgrading out of the ZVH baseband is covered here. Please read the entire thread first, and then proceed. Myself, I have been on both, but ended up sticking with ZVD (which gets slightly better service but uses slightly more power in my own, anecdotal experience).

Just as a note, almost all long running roms (Quattrimus, CAI, etc) are written for the ZVD radio (though patching them for ZVJ is doable).

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

gillist419

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.. ive read a lot b4 rootin and flashin roms on this phone... why I may want to revert back to zvh is because on my phone zvh runs the "smoothest"... I had hydrorom (zvh) and it ran for me with no problems

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.. ive read a lot b4 rootin and flashin roms on this phone... why I may want to revert back to zvh is because on my phone zvh runs the "smoothest"... I had hydrorom (zvh) and it ran for me with no problems

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't think I've seen a way to go to the ZVH baseband. If it's out there, it's probably in the archived section. Best of luck!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I know I had the zvh update.zip but I lost it... Should be somewhere around here though

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Here it is, though I doubt you'll actually be any happier. While it's possible that you actually had better experiences on ZVH, it's very likely you'll encounter many of the same issues you saw on ZVD and ZVJ. Best of luck, though.

gillist419

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but the help was appreciated.

I know that ZVH is broken, but there are good and stable roms for it. I don't know why my particular phone is "special" or "different" but I had no problems running the ZVH based roms.

There are tons of great roms for all basebands for this phone. I'm still in the process of trying many of them. It's just I started with hydrorom (zvh), used it for about a year, and now that I'm trying many different roms I may want to go back some day.Williek113 signature says "I can't seem to stay on the same rom for longer than... a day...". I've been changing roms everyday for the past month.

So again, thanks guys. Great community and everyone is very helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1