Best rom so far for Optimus s

Jwh1o1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering what the best rom out for the Optimus S is I was running hydro but figured there might be better out there now. I am looking for something thats stable and clean running. Any Suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Asking what rom is the best is a really hard question to answer! There are many good roms for the optimus s and v (yes they work on the S too) the best advice I can give is make a nandroid backup of your current rom and an app backup then try out several roms and keep trying them till you find one you like. HydroROM is still available on the project open cannibal website and has migrated from zvh to zvj. Dante rom is another good one that is stock based and uses HydroKernel. If you want more customizations there's cm7 up to cm10 roms available even a ics AOKP Quatrimus flavor.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

daisychopper

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
"Best" is tricky.

In my experience, RebornROM is the best because it is hands down the most functional ROM I've used on my Optimus S. I like HydroRom more than Reborn, and Cold As Ice even more than HydroRom, but they were much buggier for me. Under HydroRom I simply could not get GPS to lock, and the phone would reset itself seemingly at random. Under CAI, my 3G data was abysmally slow, to the point of non-functioning.

It sounds like HydroRom behaves for you, which is great. You also might consider CAI. RebornROM will probably feel like a step backward for you.

nchall

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Asking what rom is the best is a really hard question to answer! There are many good roms for the optimus s and v (yes they work on the S too) the best advice I can give is make a nandroid backup of your current rom and an app backup then try out several roms and keep trying them till you find one you like. HydroROM is still available on the project open cannibal website and has migrated from zvh to zvj. Dante rom is another good one that is stock based and uses HydroKernel. If you want more customizations there's cm7 up to cm10 roms available even a ics AOKP Quatrimus flavor.

Do you have any idea how to install the GingerSnap port for Optimus V on Optimus S?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any idea how to install the GingerSnap port for Optimus V on Optimus S?

On zvd you can just flash and it'll work. Your home and menu keys will be swapped and mms likely won't work. The keys are easy to fix. Mms I'm not sure