Needing some help here...

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I somehow managed to install Xionia recovery on my lg optimus s phone a month ago but I am wanting to install another recovery. I have downloaded & tried to flash but I get this unknown error. I even managed to try out Goo Manager to install a recovery but it is saying that I do not have a recovery to install on my phone which is complete nonsense because I had a Twrp zip file on the SD card but somehow it won't read it. Same goes for Cot. I know I have already asked this in my previous forum topic & I thank those who helped me with links & such but nothing seems to work. I have no idea why it is so difficult to flash another recovery over the one i already have. I am sure there is something wrong with either my phone or the files that I keep trying to install. Yes I tried the non zip files as well 7 it's the same thing; don't tell me I have to refire up the ADB to get another recovery on this %$#@! phone. Sorry, I am very frustrated & all i wanted to do was try out another recovery the same way as trying out another Rom :D

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you try using flash_image in terminal if you don't know how. Joey Krim has flash image GUI available on the market, the option so is supported and its only two dollars for the paid one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you try using flash_image in terminal if you don't know how. Joey Krim has flash image GUI available on the market, the option so is supported and its only two dollars for the paid one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I tried that, I wish i could take screen shots to prove my point lol but anyways I had just done the flash image gui & this is what it said BUT first off this is the file i got: COT-v2.0.2-ls670-signed zip

This is the error i received from flash image gui
Invalid zip file
selected zip file /sdcard/COT-v2.0.2-ls670-signed.zip is missing the required file: system/lib/modules/wireless.ko

now what the heck is that???

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried that, I wish i could take screen shots to prove my point lol but anyways I had just done the flash image gui & this is what it said BUT first off this is the file i got: COT-v2.0.2-ls670-signed zip

This is the error i received from flash image gui
Invalid zip file
selected zip file /sdcard/COT-v2.0.2-ls670-signed.zip is missing the required file: system/lib/modules/wireless.ko

now what the heck is that???

It's because you tried to flash a zip with flash image gui... Boot to your current recovery and flash the zip

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's because you tried to flash a zip with flash image gui... Boot to your current recovery and flash the zip

or you can get the .IMG file for the recovery and use it with flash image gui

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Ok, finally! It worked! But what does it mean when it says Can't load COT settings!
setting defaults...
E:Can't open /sdcard/cotrecovery/settings.ini
but yet i got this thing on here (HAPPY DANCE)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, finally! It worked! But what does it mean when it says Can't load COT settings!
setting defaults...
E:Can't open /sdcard/cotrecovery/settings.ini
but yet i got this thing on here (HAPPY DANCE)

Because the cot settings file didn't exist until your first time in the recovery. It won't say that next time.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Got Exchange working via IMAP. Funny, I put in my creds and it auto-detected our sendmail server, so failed at first. I manually changed things to the Exchange addy, and it started working fine. Contacts are likely being pulled from Gmail, I think. (I use MobileMe for all contact management, but I think I have Google flagged in Address Book as well, which may be the transit point?)

Little late.. Lol he got it yesterday

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, was on my mobile and didn't scroll all the way down before sending it. Afterwards, I just figured opps! Anyway, can never have too much info LOL. Also, wierd quote there. At least for me it is something completely unrelated. Must be a tapatalk glitch.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, was on my mobile and didn't scroll all the way down before sending it. Afterwards, I just figured opps! Anyway, can never have too much info LOL. Also, wierd quote there. At least for me it is something completely unrelated. Must be a tapatalk glitch.

Lol yeah Tapatalk glitch... I wasn't a member in 2008 when that post was made