Manually change screen to red on rooted phones?

M_A_M

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I run Redshift on my laptop, the Linux equivalent of F.lux, on the lowest setting (1000), which, at nighttime, turns off green and blue completely and makes the screen "black and white" in shades of red. It's helped me fall asleep immensely, so I've been trying to figure out if there's any way to change the color settings manually on a rooted Optimus S to turn off blue and green completely. I would do this just at night and wouldn't mind having to do it manually each time, but of course, being able to set a preset would be preferred. I know CyanogenMod has some kind of widgets for this, but I'm running GingerROM and would prefer not to have to switch ROMS, even if it means a bit more work on my end. Anyone else done this on the Optimus S?

Last edited:

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah cm7 lets you do this in the system settings. not sure about the other cm roms though.
for all other gb-based roms, check out chainfire3d. the app description says it's requires a 1ghz processor, but it doesn't; i've used it before and it works fine.

M_A_M

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey, just wanted to say, I finally got around to installing ChainFire3D, and you were right! Right within the app itself there's a "nightmode" option, and the default red does exactly what I wanted. It even has the option to make a shortcut on the homescreen to toggle nightmode on and off.

I made a nandroid backup before installing in case the driver causes any issues, but it's working like a charm so far!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908