[TWRP] TeamWin Recovery Project 2.3.2.3

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
teamwin-logo.png

TeamWin Recovery Project
v2.3.2.3

Description:
Team Win Recovery Project 2.3, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It?s a fully touch driven user interface ? no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Key Features:
  • Graphical touchscreen interface with buttons and drag-to-scroll!
  • Ability to choose to compress backups ? now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
  • Compressed backups that can save you up to 50% disk space
  • Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
  • Custom names for backups, rename and delete backups inside recovery
  • Integrated Terminal Emulator
  • Install queues allow you to install multiple zips in one go (e.g. CM9 zip together with gapps zip)
  • Easy one-button cache & dalvik cache clearing after an installation
  • Recovery settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
  • File Manager that allows you to move, copy, delete and rename files and change their permissions
  • Battery percentage indicator, charging indicator and clock (set your timezone in settings!)
  • Reboot into download mode (bootloader)
  • Decryption of /data
  • Easy selection of internal/external storage
  • ADB support
  • Sideloading for automated ROM install: ADB Sideload | TeamWin
  • Detailed logfile
  • XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout ? true theming!

What's new in 2.3:
  • -Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
  • -Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
  • NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
  • -ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see this link for more info
  • -Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
  • -Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
  • -Faster boot times
  • -Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)

What works:
  • Backup & restore
  • Mount & Unmount partitions
  • Mount USM

What does not work:
  • Nothing. :)

Install Code
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img adb shell "su flash_image recovery recovery.img" adb reboot recovery

Note: By downloading and installing the recovery package you take sole responsibility for any damages caused to your device.

Download Links:

Source:
Here's the GitHub for anyone interested or wanting to help out
smile.png
https://github.com/thenameisnigel

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Kraven already has a thread for this.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Let me explain to you something about my build...
1. It's the latest version.
2. It contains the lastest repo updates.
3. I built it because I felt like building it and sharing it.
4. I didn't know he had one.

Note
Original post edited for content. Being the bigger man here.

Last edited:

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't find the download link the one I downloaded was twrp 2.2.2.2 off this thread

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
It should be noted that twrp does NOT have the recovery boot loop fix built in. Now this is not an issue for those of us that know not to do a factory reset from within android, but there should be a warning.only Xionia and COT have that feature.

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Let me explain to you something...
1. It's the latest version.
2. It contains the lastest repo updates.
3. I built it because I felt like building it and sharing it.
4. I didn't know he had one.
5. If you don't want to use it, don't flame my threads, because you will get burned.

Wow someone got butt hurt.

Let me explain something to YOU.

Just informing you. Had you searched real quick, you would have known there was an existing thread.

Threaten me again, and there will be consequences. I do not appreciate you or your condescending attitude.

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow someone got butt hurt.

Let me explain something to YOU.

Just informing you. Had you searched real quick, you would have known there was an existing thread.

Threaten me again, and there will be consequences. I do not appreciate you or your condescending attitude.

He didn't threaten anyone in that post he was merely saying its a newer version and that he realizes that thekraven has a port of it allready. Also more than one developer working on one thing is a nice thing it gives you some freedom so you don't just have one choices are nice says the cow

Sent from my LS670

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Next time you don't want to use something, don't come to the thread. This thread is for discussion about MY TWRP build only, nothing more. And it's my fault also for not pm-ing him.

Back to technical discussion though, is there a way to include the postrecoveryboot.sh fix in twrp?
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Why I'm really interested on the new twrp D: can you show me the download link before you close this

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Eletendre, if you would have taken the time to read the thread to compare to Kraven's, you would have discovered that this is a newer version of TWRP. However, Nigel, your response didn't help things any and could probably have been worded a little better, simply pointing out the version difference. Anything beyond that was just unnecessary, and it's sort of sad that the 14th post in this thread is already a mod coming in here to put out the flames. Let's take it down a notch and just appreciate the options that you have for your aging device.

There is no reason why Kraven's build and this one can't coexist. Nigel, I leave the final call for closing up to you..

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Eletendre, if you would have taken the time to read the thread to compare to Kraven's, you would have discovered that this is a newer version of TWRP. However, Nigel, your response didn't help things any and could probably have been worded a little better, simply pointing out the version difference. Anything beyond that was just unnecessary, and it's sort of sad that the 14th post in this thread is already a mod coming in here to put out the flames. Let's take it down a notch and just appreciate the options that you have for your aging device.

There is no reason why Kraven's build and this one can't coexist. Nigel, I leave the final call for closing up to you..

Yeah, I did kinda add lighter fluid to the flame. I'll keep working on this for now. Thanks Cole.

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys i need help i traded this phone and found out that it was rooted i need to take my phone to sprint and need to unroot but i dont know how i dont have contact with the previous owner of the phone and i dont think anything was backed up plz help.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys i need help i traded this phone and found out that it was rooted i need to take my phone to sprint and need to unroot but i dont know how i dont have contact with the previous owner of the phone and i dont think anything was backed up plz help.

First you need to flash stock recovery. Then you need to flash the latest stock update zip (I believe it is zvj).

To return to stock.
1) Download flash_image and using a root explorer place it in /system/bin.
2) Make sure you set these permissions on it ugo+rwx just to be safe.
3) Download stock recovery.img and update.zip and place them both on root of sdcard.
4) Download terminal emulator on phone. 5) Open terminal emulator and type su.
6) Next type flash_image recovery recovery.img
7) Reboot into stock recovery.
8) Using volume up and down keys, scroll to flash from sdcard, press the menu key and the recovery will handle the rest.
9) When it finishes reboot and you will be completely stock.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay