[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

What are the steps to fixing for optimus v? I'd rather do it myself than to keep bothering for one in the future haha

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

It works on the optimus v just have to change keys around, build.prop and carrier label.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I know it functions i was asking the steps on changing the keys build.prop etc. I'm pretty certain I can figure out how to fix the build.prop but how do i switch the hardware keys?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Grab the vm fix from the slimrom and use those keypad changes. Swap or manually change. Make the six Virgin changes in the build.prop. Change any Ls670 to VM670. There's eri.xml changes too, but I don't want to mess with just yet. The frameworks change often.

Another thing, I haven't seen any virgin stuff added to the smsdispatcher from cyanogen, so mms probably won't work.

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Seems pretty awesome so far...loving that new clock on the lock screen!! (Though I *really* wish there were a way to make that a flashable zip...it looks infinitely better than the crappy lock screen clock of ICS & JB4.1...) I'll wait until the "Developer Options" and standard CM "Performance" settings are in before I make it my new daily...of course, I could just use a picture that has plenty of blue involved for a wallpaper, too. Looking forward to seeing what other awesome things you do with this ROM, thekraven!!

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

The developer settings are hidden in cm10.1. Google the unlock method. ;-)

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Does this ROM automatically move apps to the ext4 partition if there is one? Because I use my Optimus V for testing my play store stuff now which means there's a bunch of apps I need to install.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

New build up
Changelog for build A23

• camera works
  • youtube onscreen controls fixed

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

does this have performance options? I think the last build I tried didn't yet

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

They are there, but hidden, you need some special snes unlock codes :D

Compeek

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

First of all, thekraven, you are the best! I can't believe the Optimus S/V is still getting the most recent Android updates because of people like you. I was discouraged that BobZhome and TDM both seemed to have stopped working on their ICS/JB ROMs for the Optimus V, but then I found your Cold as Ice ICS one and have been using it for a month or so, and now I see that this one is already coming along well!

Anyway I installed this ROM on my Optimus V today with the Virgin Mobile fix and the provided Google Apps package, but Wifi won't work, and Bluetooth doesn't seem to want to work, either. The Wifi slider in Settings is grayed out, and clicking on Wifi makes it say it's turning on, but nothing happens.

MMS also doesn't work, but that's already known and expected.

I already went back to CAI for now because I need my phone to work, but I'm looking forward to trying this one again once it's more ironed out. :)

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

See if wifi works without the virgin patch. Or try reflashing CAI kernel test 38, test 23, or test 21.

lerxst_x

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the ROM...seems like GPS is not working.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums