[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, what is 'better' depends on what you need... ZVJ functions with the patch libs, but that does not mean it works perfectly.

As an example - and this isn't actually relevant to this thread - various CM9 setups seem to have clock lag for me even when others have confirmed a lack of clock lag - I would hazard a guess that this might be related to using ZVJ baseband (thekraven has commented that clock lag is at least somehow related to the ril, as it goes away when you turn on airplane mode) though it's possible that it's also a hardware issue with my phone, or some sort of user error, or what have you. I can't get cell signal inside my house on ZVD though, so I find myself rather compelled to make things work with ZVJ.

On the other hand, if you don't have a compelling reason to use ZVJ... it might be 'better' to use ZVD instead...

Having said that...

To make your own (unsigned) patch, open up the original ZVD to ZVJ patch in a zip editor (7zip? or something similar) and delete the system/etc and system/usr directories.

Flash without signature checking or resign it.
(you could also tinker with the meta-inf files to restore the signature? but I don't know if you're supposed to do that...)

PS: The safest way to get back to ZVD is a full return to stock ZVD - install stock recovery, flash ZVD update.zip
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...67361-how-simplified-unroot-return-stock.html
(then root ZVD and install your recovery of choice, plenty of automated tools for ZVD)

I think you should be able to use flash_image or fastboot to just flash the radio instead? but I've never done that on this phone, so if you feel the need to try something like that instead... you should probably search around first and know what you're doing...

Last edited:

Redchigh

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So, i need some advice if possible...

ROM works great, and i was on ext4.

Unfortunately, I my phone ended up getting submerged in water. I promptly pulled the battery, and added it to a bag of rice.

Today, i booted it, and PAC loaded fine, but the SD card was wiped/unreadable.

In wondering what i need to reflash? Cross breeder and int2ext? Do i need to full wipe?
My nandroids are gone, so im nervous about flashing... Thanks for the advice

3ud1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm read first page,and i try to understand how to use this rom,but i'm confuse.
This because my english is not good.Please tell me how to use this rom step by step.
I'm shy telling my stupid question but what can i say.
Try using google translate and still confuse..Yesterday i'm try use [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19,theres tutorial is clear to me.But someone say thats wrong roms for my optimus s type.And [ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build is right rom.
Only flash use a28-cm-10.1-20130220-thekraven-LS670.zip and gaps?

Last edited:

3ud1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
i'm flashing use a28-cm-10.1-20130220-thekraven-LS670.zip and result same with [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD.
I lost service,MEID empty,about phone in setting,status network all is empty.
Same when use PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.0.1_20130414-042136.zip

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What baseband are you on? Both of those roms are for zvd, so if you are not on that, you may have to either change to that baseband or appy a zvj to zvd patch.

3ud1

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all,problem is solved use ZVD to ZVJ patch-OptS-08162012.zip
Now im try use my phone.
Im use [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19.
Thanks again

Last edited:

vector84an

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Beware the other stuff included in the ZVD to ZVJ patch - some of it could cause issues with roms that already include a2sd implementations and such.

Gabe A

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't get rid of that maddening transparent navigation bar. Every time I touch near the bottom of my screen, or swipe up in games/browser/texts/etc, that navigation bar shows up and ruins all my work. Hoho!

[edit] I hear it's called the "pie" control?

How do I kill it? I read somewhere online that going into Hybrid settings, swiping right, hitting "Interface", and dragging the visibility bar to 0 should get rid of it, but those do absolutely nothing. Please, tell me something to delete, someplace to hack -- I'd even decompile the damn libraries myself if someone tells me how.

Please tell me how to get rid of it. I'll honor you forever in my memories. I'll make an icon on the homescreen and treat it as a shrine to you and your children. Just please... tell me how to GET RID OF THAT DAMN NAVBAR! [edit: "pie" control]. You will have my eternal gratitude.

PS: Using latest PAC build in post 6.

Last edited:

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't get rid of that maddening transparent navigation bar. Every time I touch near the bottom of my screen, or swipe up in games/browser/texts/etc, that navigation bar shows up and ruins all my work. Hoho!

[edit] I hear it's called the "pie" control?

How do I kill it? I read somewhere online that going into Hybrid settings, swiping right, hitting "Interface", and dragging the visibility bar to 0 should get rid of it, but those do absolutely nothing. Please, tell me something to delete, someplace to hack -- I'd even decompile the damn libraries myself if someone tells me how.

Please tell me how to get rid of it. I'll honor you forever in my memories. I'll make an icon on the homescreen and treat it as a shrine to you and your children. Just please... tell me how to GET RID OF THAT DAMN NAVBAR! [edit: "pie" control]. You will have my eternal gratitude.

PS: Using latest PAC build in post 6.

The pie control? Here's how to "get rid" of it.

1. Settings
2. System
3. Toolbars
4. Swipe down to "Pie Controls," Trigger Area,....set to "none"

That has worked for me...the pie never shows up.

gtdappert

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am no longer getting voice mail notifications. other than that, this rom is awesome and everything else is working. Bluetooth is glitchy though.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing...no voicemail notifications. Except if they are there after a reset. Then, the notification Well pop up!
I still have never got Bluetooth to actually turn on...

Posted via Android Central App

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I third the voicemail notifications...although once in a while they pop...3 hours after a caller left it.

One more thing...anyone lose their wallpaper after a reboot, forced or not? It keeps reverting to the PacMan wallpaper, which I cannot find at all so I am wondering if moving some wallpapers into system and creating a new wallpaper directory will help? If it does...where would I create the directory?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
+1 on voicemail notification. Mine shows up on reboots, and randomly otherwise. Took 3 days for one of em to pop.

Thekraven mentioned that bluetooth is probably a kernel issue. It works with the 3.0.8 kernel, but the blasted kernel is too alpha and reboots randomly yet, so can't use it as a daily driver by any means.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok well i really haven't looked completely through the thread, just search for it and found nothing. The storage issue iv'e already ran out of space...fix? and How? oh yeah by the way im on the OV ...Almost forgot love the build GREAT
WORK thekraven :D

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Real quick can I just flash or do I gotta swap it in the build Cruz I'm not to good at that ....BTW thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool