[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

I haven't tested a clean in stall of A26, but in A25 a clean install will get you working wifi. . Try wiping data, system, sd-ext, dalvik, and cache Then flash A26+gapps. And see if wifi works. Then go back and flash the gps and virgin fix. The a2sd scripts are what make wifi not work, but you can add them after the initial reboot.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

what's the system app that governs media storage/scanning on this ROM? can it be replaced with one from CM9? I still haven't figured out how to fix my music/pics not showing problem on JB.. :'(

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

what's the system app that governs media storage/scanning on this ROM? can it be replaced with one from CM9? I still haven't figured out how to fix my music/pics not showing problem on JB.. :'(

Dunno if its related, but I had that problem for my ringtones and a couple albums. But since I used Zedge for my ringtones/msg tones and Google Play Music for music...when I installed the apps, they magically reappeared in Media Storage.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I haven't tested a clean in stall of A26, but in A25 a clean install will get you working wifi. . Try wiping data, system, sd-ext, dalvik, and cache Then flash A26+gapps. And see if wifi works. Then go back and flash the gps and virgin fix. The a2sd scripts are what make wifi not work, but you can add them after the initial reboot.

I knew I missed a step! I'll give it another whirl. A26 works great btw, might have gotten better battery life than on BobZHome's 4.1.2 and outside of the first day and half...no reboots!

My only thing, might be a bug even if you take the kernel to 39 or 40...occasionally, the phone will not wake up when I press unlock or home and I have to reboot it via battery pull. Sometimes though it will if i repeatedly press Home 7 or 8 times in a row...

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Here's some audio routing fixes from grigorig.

Wipe cache and flash in recovery. The 2nd file is if you want to flash back to the original Rom audio.

Attachments

• audiofix1.thJBC.zip
    177 KB · Views: 44
  • audioback2stock.thJBC.zip
    178.2 KB · Views: 26

chedder66

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Here's some audio routing fixes from grigorig..

This didnt work for me...

I dont know what the problem was... dirty flashed a26 and tried again and it worked. Thanks. Volume is very low, however.

Last edited:

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Definitely no WiFi on clean install of a26. I'm gonna install a25 then dirty flash a26 and see if that works.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Definitely no WiFi on clean install of a26. I'm gonna install a25 then dirty flash a26 and see if that works.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Thought about that for probably 2 minutes and realized WIFI at work blows (after 9 am...there are so many students at the community college I work at that one time I did a SpeedTest and the wifi literally registered btwn 0.11-0.33 mbps down (our wireless is dual-channel N at 270 and 300 mbps hooked up to a gigabit connection that normally pulls 18-25 mbps) and Sprint registered between 1.11-1.35 mbps down) and the WIFI at my home office is marginally better than Sprint's (2.3-2.6 mbps)

I'll wait and see what's in store for A27 and dirty flash that.

Bri Prophetz

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

Hey flashed a25. Other then the lag & occasional animation glitch in web broswering, The keyboard retreats. Everything is great.
Good job dev sir.
ALSO I THOUGHT THIS ROM & KERNEL HAD, USB OTG HOST MODE OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED. Sorry I'm a newb
Also you should add the development area in settings for GPU tweaking & animation tweaks. Maybe its just the a25, hmm? Guess I'll patch on my device.
Nice work again dev sir

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Hey flashed a25. Other then the lag & occasional animation glitch in web broswering, The keyboard retreats. Everything is great.
Good job dev sir.
ALSO I THOUGHT THIS ROM & KERNEL HAD, USB OTG HOST MODE OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED. Sorry I'm a newb
Also you should add the development area in settings for GPU tweaking & animation tweaks. Maybe its just the a25, hmm? Guess I'll patch on my device.
Nice work again dev sir

You have to go to settings, about and keep tapping build number, developer settings will show up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Bri Prophetz

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

You have to go to settings, about and keep tapping build number, developer settings will show up.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Hey thanks again, everyone.d(n.n)b
A25 review for lg optimus v:
Browser shows animation glitches when keyboard retracks, but that's ok. :)
Tethering, WiFi or Bluetooth is screwy, in order to turn either back off, I must reenable airplane mode, (gotta toggle it on & off multiple times.(sorry I'm mobile writing, no computer) WiFi tether will go off but Bluetooth tether stays on, again gotta toggle ap mode.
- some games have black screens when playing(monster paradise, Iruna online)
- ROM emulators work, but the sounds distorts & occasionally messes with the animation.
Tweaking the animation & CPU/GPU seems to not help the problem.
Is there a way in fixing this. I ask cause I'm a forum moderator for most RPG games, & I always recommend ROMs & kernels for my hacker community

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I was liking CAI better'n any other rom I've tried on my V... until this.
this seems more responsive, especially the browser.
except that the browser is giving me trouble clicking links (often goes unresponsive except for zoom and scroll when I try, but eventually clicks thru,) browser doesn't want to select text for copy/paste at all, and swype (which usually glitches on any rom anyway, so probably app glitch) is making me peck-type right now or the cursor position moves up several lines when I swype words.
I'm liking this rom. and I bet Iceweasel doesn't have the same glitches as this mini-chrome anyway. must test.
thanks for all your superb work.

/edit/
after about 8 reboots, the browser is responding better to clicking links, and sometimes allows me to select text on a page.
Also, and this is a positive, my battery life so far is similar to or better than on CAI. Lasts over a day leaving off the mobile data connection, with light browser use through wifi and some messaging. I suspect that if I had the Gapps installed my battery life would be reduced by all the attempted syncing.

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Was the bookmark sync removed from this build or from Android 4.2 in general?

Can I use Link2SD with this ROM?

Last edited:

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Just a heads up on my media scanner problem (although, seems like I'm the only one with this problem on JB ROMs).
A temp fix is to use a startup manager and prevent the Media Storage from running. Then, use a file manager that has Rescan Media (only found File Manager by NextApp so far.. really wish ES File Explorer did) on specific folders with your pictures/music. I'm not sure if it got all of my music but it seems like it. This doesn't seem to work in SlimBean though; it doesn't capture all of my music and sometimes it disappears on me again. Works here though

Source: How to temporarily fix Jelly Bean media scanner/storage issues - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power