[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

Bri Prophetz

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

Sorry !(*.*)!
A25 review: audio fix.zips helps music a bit on YouTube. ROM emulators sounds still distorts,& glitches animation. Browser& streaming MMOs blackout during gameplay,(still trying figure out what's wrong)(could it be something in the build.prop)
Removing some system apps(but the necessary) & tweaking the CPU, speeds up the system' o say 18-25%..
Removed stock browser add dolphin mini(saves space& functions) I see no longer any animation glitches when the keyboard retracks.

★★really loving this ROM kraven sir ★★
Can't wait till its a polished gem

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

It might be the lack of vsync, project butter and triple buffering.

Try changing in the build.prop.

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
to
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Virgin patch didn't work for me. I dirty flashed from a fresh flash of a25 to a26 for the wifi work around.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359901070463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359901070463.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 600
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Virgin patch didn't work for me. I dirty flashed from a fresh flash of a25 to a26 for the wifi work around.

same for me, I just hadn't mentioned it.
MMS bounce and bounce, they keep trying to come thru but just get the 999 number and VM system doesn't show any message received.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Never had a problem with MMS, just a pain that I have to use the native SMS app since Chomp refuses to send MMS.

But I dunno if its a bug or it's just me. Occasionally I do offline charging to recharge back to 100% (it's fine if I accidentally reboot my device and forget to take it off the charger...)...and every single time I have, it would boot fine, but messes up the entire ROM where things start force-closing, I lose 3G and worse off, I have to reformat my SD-EXT via my computer before I go restore my Nandroid (which I'm down to doing once every two days in case it happens) because if I don't, it won't restore SD-ext.

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Finally flashed this today! Will be great once it's polished!
1. Bluetooth
-scan didn't actually work.
-once turned on, wouldn't turn off
2. Browser bookmark import
3. transparent status bar?
4. Center clock in status bar?
those are my wishes, lol!
Oh, btw, my install was:
wipe everything
Flash a25
Boot and connect wifi
Wipe cache and dalvik
flash a26
Flash gps fix
Flash cronmoda2sd++
flash gapps
Boot!

Masterjakeway

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I saw that. most important is the Bluetooth. It's what kept me off of CAI for the first few builds a well

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

(REPOSTED)
...strange. I dirty flashed A25 over A17...seems to work fine, except trying to restore my apps with TB isn't as smooth as I thought. I just need to reclaim some space in my internal memory - I have about 20 apps that WON'T install, and 17 of them are because of space issues. Dirty flashing A26 over A25 COMPLETELY borked my entire setup despite being a dirty flash. Must've been pretty bad: going into recovery, the device wouldn't restore my A25 nand OR my recent A17 nand!! Both give "Error while restoring sd-ext!" message. Trying to restore my old CM10 nand, which worked. I didn't bother with my first A17 nand; the whole mess with running out of space and nothing seeming to go to my SD-EXT despite flashing A2SD++ keeps me from wanting to try restoring that and dirty flashing straight to A26 again. And it sucks, because this ROM seems to be AWESOME. (Perhaps I just need to get my paws on a bigger & faster memory card?)

detlion1643

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Ov'er here... I followed Masterjakeway's steps and it ended up working, however not at first. In case anyone would like to know:

Clean flash of 25, virgin fix, boot.. Had trouble here. It only booted once I unplugged my phone from my usb that was plugged into my laptop.
Connect to WiFi
Wipe cache and dalvik cache
flash 26 (after this I made sure my sd-ext was mounted in cwm), gps fix, cronmoda2sd++, gapps, virgin fix. Again, wouldn't boot unless unplugged from usb. Once booted, overclocked to 480/748 with default governor. Been rock solid since. I have not tested turning off/on WiFi since as I don't feel like chancing it. Leaving range and coming back was flawless though.

I do miss the fast charge mod from your cold as ice rom (or at least can't find the setting)... I don't get a notification or anything when usb is plugged in for mass storage/debugging even though the options are checked?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Ov'er here... I followed Masterjakeway's steps and it ended up working, however not at first. In case anyone would like to know:

Clean flash of 25, virgin fix, boot.. Had trouble here. It only booted once I unplugged my phone from my usb that was plugged into my laptop.
Connect to WiFi
flash 26 (after this I made sure my sd-ext was mounted in cwm), gps fix, cronmoda2sd++, gapps, virgin fix. Again, wouldn't boot unless unplugged from usb. Once booted, overclocked to 480/748 with default governor. Been rock solid since. I have not tested turning off/on WiFi since as I don't feel like chancing it. Leaving range and coming back was flawless though.

I do miss the fast charge mod from your cold as ice rom (or at least can't find the setting)... I don't get a notification or anything when usb is plugged in for mass storage/debugging even though the options are checked?

The fast charge mod is part of the kernel, there are apps that can turn it on if you like

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

hkazemi

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site

Running JB on Optimus S is cool, especially when the OS version string is newer than the JB on new high end devices like the quad core Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

A26: seems to have problems with USB tethering option. OS returns error 'Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.' every time I try to enable it (only possible with USB cable connected to PC).
(I installed A25 and then A26 over it as recommended by thekraven.)

Upper drop-down menu sometimes cuts off the upper right corner icon (only shows 1/2 of it, although it does work). Sometimes the whole icon will show.

Not confirmed on a particular device, but battery drain seems to be higher than on some Gingerbread/2.3 ROMs.

Google Now voice search does not seem to be really working correctly. Might need more system resources than actually present. Had similar observation of an Evo Shift JB ROM. (Evo Shift is similar age, but has more powerful CPU.)

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I think he's talking about the built in keyboard

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Griff_SOSA

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

Connect to WiFi

I tried everything detlion1643 did and when i went to turn off 3g my wifi turned off and wouldnt turn back on