[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

PAC rom is great! Awesome work!

I noticed that the bottom 1/4 inch of the touch screen wasn't registering taps or swipes. Turns out that the "pie" toolbar target area is set to the bottom of the screen by default. Find that setting under toolbars and set it to none if you want the bottom of your touch screen back.

So many features my optimus has never seen before!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

I've noticed one bug with JBC and PAC. Normally to pause my music quickly, I just unplug my earbuds. However, when I do this on these roms, and plug the earbuds back in afterwords, I can't get any sound through them. The music will play over the phone speaker, no matter what until I reboot. Otherwise the audio routing seems fine. I only bring this up because you are one of the only devs for this phone who has been able to fix the audio routing on past roms, like cai. For now I just need to remind myself not to disconnect the earbuds, because I love your build of the PAC rom. I cannot believe that this rom has so many features, yet is still so fast and smooth. Seriously, great work Kraven!

Edit: I found a good workaround. If I pull out the earbuds and the audio pauses, I can restart the audio without the earbuds plugged in. The audio will come out of the speaker at full volume. Then I can plug in the earbuds and the audio will be fine. It sounds more complicated than it is. I'm just happy I don't have to reboot every time I pull out the earbuds while audio is playing.

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed one bug with JBC and PAC. Normally to pause my music quickly, I just unplug my earbuds. However, when I do this on these roms, and plug the earbuds back in afterwords, I can't get any sound through them. The music will play over the phone speaker, no matter what until I reboot. Otherwise the audio routing seems fine. I only bring this up because you are one of the only devs for this phone who has been able to fix the audio routing on past roms, like cai. For now I just need to remind myself not to disconnect the earbuds, because I love your build of the PAC rom. I cannot believe that this rom has so many features, yet is still so fast and smooth. Seriously, great work Kraven!

Check out post 88 of this thread for the old audio routing. There's also similar files to try buried in the slimrom thread.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Check out post 88 of this thread for the old audio routing. There's also similar files to try buried in the slimrom thread.

Thanks for the suggestions, but none of them fixed it. The slim bean patches broke the audio all together, and the jbc patch didn't seem to have any effect. It's really not a big deal. Please don't waste a lot of time on it, but if you should happen to see any fixes, I'll test whatever.

For now I'm just gonna have to train myself to stop pulling out the ear buds. I'm definitely going to be on the PAC rom for a long time.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

tossici

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

Now I just need to figure out how to update my baseband radio. I'm still running ZV9.....

I'm actually running ZV4. Is ZV9 better? and what else is there beside that? I'm on VM so if it's sprint-only, I guess I'm out of luck

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Does voice search work with this rom? That's what was keeping me from playing more with JB - really need the voice functions in the car. If it does work, did you need to do anything to get it working, like installing a different version of any voice apps?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Old school voice search works fine on jbc, PAC, and slim for things like making calls or dictating texts and emails. Ironically, you can't Google stuff with it. If you say random words into it, it will open Google in the browser, but not actually Google it.

Just download it from the play store, and add the icon to your desktop. The widget will only pull up the now search, you have to use the app icon to pull up old school voice search.

On jbc and PAC, Google now is working, in as far as you can get cards and scroll through results, but the Google now voice search doesn't work.

Don't let that keep you from trying these ROMs. They are great!

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
And, you can the keyboard mic button to input voice commands once g-now is open. It's an extra two keystrokes per command vs the stock experience. Not too bad.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
What settings are people using to optimize the speed on this ROM? I guess I'm struggling with the decrease in responsiveness... or maybe I'm just impatient?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Need recommendations while my new 32 GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSD (Class 10) card is on its way...it replaces the first-gen (never gonna do that ever again) Mobile Ultras SanDisk came out with 2 years ago...

This ROM is awesome. Except, I need to know several things:

1. The reboots have been frequent as of late. Is it because of the SD card or the ROM itself? My SD-EXT partition is set at 2.75 GB (a 16 gig card) formatted as ext2 with an allocation of 4 kb. Should it have been ext3? Also I am using SIO on the kernel and my OC settings are SmartassV2 at 768/480.

2. Should the EGL patch for the VM670 be ever flashed or are the EGL tweaks built-in and I just committed the cardinal sin of overkill?

3. I seem to have a consistent problem, especially in weak radio areas with my screen being stuck (in sleep I suppose) when I want to turn it on to see something immediately. That requires a battery pull and a restart. What's up with that and is there a remedy (my OV has the old Novatek screen) to that? I also notice in said weak radio areas that reboots happen more often.

Beyond that, the JBC rom is top-notch and TheKraven deserves his due props (and saving my wallet for a bit longer...)

UPDATE: Got my answer. One too many random reboots and ended up with a message at startup about a bad data partition and that I could "Feel Lucky" and put up with system instability. So it must have been the original INT2EXT script that did it in. Along with not using ext3 for my sd-ext.

Had to re-flash everything. This time using the fixed version of INT2EXT from a couple threads above. Halfway through the first part of TiBU restore. Second part is restoring Gmail w/o the data (turns out on the new version of the gmail app that restoring it completely results in the neutering of your ability to send emails) and my TeslaUnread plugin.

Now the new question is...when I get my new 32 gigger tomorrow evening...should I go fresh or back this one up and transfer everything to the new card and restore via Nandroid?

Last edited:

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Cant add tiles to notification bar. And bottom of the screen lags a little when I touch the space bar like that area...
Also data is disconnecting... Any fixes?
And battery is dying like my battery was at 100 after 10 minutes of using I'm at 80...

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Cant add tiles to notification bar. And bottom of the screen lags a little when I touch the space bar like that area...
Also data is disconnecting... Any fixes?
And battery is dying like my battery was at 100 after 10 minutes of using I'm at 80...

I could add tiles in JBC, but not PAC ROM. The battery drain is supposed to be worse when wifi is on, as stated in the OP. I seem to get better battery life with PAC as opposed to JBC, but it could just be placebo. Both seem to have pretty poor battery life compared to CAI. Worth the extra drain IMHO though.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

relooreloo

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain is supposedly a feature Of Google Now across devices. I'm getting great battery life on PAC Rom. Try disabling GNow Background Location options!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

glenesis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I'm so excited about this ROM. theKraven, my friend, you never cease to amaze me.

I wiped thoroughly, flashed the ROM, flashed JB gapps, then formatted Cache, wiped dalvik cache, and repaired permissions before rebooting my phone.

Wow, my first run started out slow, but settled in very quickly. In a few minutes, the phone seemed to really pick up speed.

Space for apps really is at a premium, but moving all user app to the SD card made my favorite apps all fit.

The battery drain on this alpha is very high. I got spoiled on theKraven's cm7, which literally lasts for weeks on a charge in airplane mode...

On first run, I allowed Google to restore my settings, and all settings were there in System Settings when I checked. Very smooth! Very convenient!!

Everything's running super well so far. I must note that I took this phone out of service a while back, so I can't check phone or 3g radios, but the bars are there for service. WiFi connection is very strong.

I found a glitch in the Trebuchet launcher app drawer. First apps page shows no apps, but if I slide to page 2, all apps show normally.

Also, I get occasional flashes of colorer blocks in the browser.

Also, the gallery shows thumbnails wrong in edit mode...

6ezutena.jpg

I am very excited and thankful to be running JB 4.2.2 on my Optimus S! This device is my favorite phone of all time.

Got to try theKraven's build of Slim next!!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

realmeister

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

FUN-FREAKING-TASTIC!

Thanks so much for your hard work and effort! I was tempted for the past few weeks to finally upgrade, as I was getting tired of the clunky interface on my personal phone, but this JB Rom just took my trusty ole Optimus to a whole 'nother level!

Now I just need to figure out how to update my baseband radio. I'm still running ZV9.....

I'm actually running ZV4. Is ZV9 better? and what else is there beside that? I'm on VM so if it's sprint-only, I guess I'm out of luck

Found the answer here. Just download the update.zip to your sdcard root, reboot to <any> recovery, run update.zip, reboot to recovery again (stock this time) and run update.zip again! Done. Now unroot and go back to custom recovery, then flash this ROM....

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think there's an app on the play store for that or there's an app called rom toolbox that also changes boot animation

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know an app that can clean the phone? Like so theres more room and that can clean the SD card?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15