[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the older build with the 2.6 kernel. Solved my problem :)

Are you using the built in ringtones or sdcard sounds?

Also it could be halo, but I haven't heard of any bad or good things about it.
Try build 2 without halo on post 518. You will need to flash a newer kernel with that one.

Amenince

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the built in ringtones or sdcard sounds?

Also it could be halo, but I haven't heard of any bad or good things about it.
Try build 2 without halo on post 518. You will need to flash a newer kernel with that one.

Before I switched back to the previous build I used both the stock ringtone sounds and sounds from my sdcard. Neither of them worked, but all the other sounds worked. Also, when I would adjust the volumes, the first slider I adjusted would play sounds as I adjusted it while the other sliders wouldn't make a sound i.e. if I adjusted ringtone volume I could hear the ringtone play while I adjusted it, but if I immediately tried to adjust notification sounds I would hear nothing. If I adjusted notification sounds first, then the ringtone slider wouldn't make any sound while I adjusted it afterwards. Regardless, the ringtone never played when I received a call, it would only vibrate. I'm fine with the previous build with the 2.6 kernel though.

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
What's the JBC, you don't want to know. Haha

Giving you something to play with. Fresh compile from https://github.com/androidarmv6 sources. The JBC alpha builds are pretty much CyanogenMod 10.1 with very little tweaks. Really the system is too big, and I had the trim down the rom. Removed cmwallpapers, ringtones, boot animation, removed all languages except english.

The other JB 4.2.2 rom is the PAC-rom. It is a mix of CM10.1, AOKP, and Paranoid Android roms.

Working so far: wifi, usb mass storage, audio, video in browser, Google play, Youtube hq Include test 38 ics kernel. .
Hint: to get reboot options, dev and kernel settings, tap Build number 7 times

BUGS: Wifi seems to eat the battery the most. Hdr camera mode will fc due to lack of memory, so just use regular picture taking.. Reboots and battery drain is expected. Livewallpaper isn't working. Bluetooth and tethering not working

CHangeloge for Build 6 JBC CM10.1 build. 7-15-2013
  • Includes latest security fixes from cyanogen ,
  • latest bigsupersquid 3.0 kernel with security patches Gerrit Code Review and working accelerometer. Built now using virgin's keypad in the kernelsource. This just eases flashing any newer kernels from bigsupersquid. Note: The rom already has the sprint keypad fixes. .
  • resize nav bar option
  • lots of bluetooth work from androidmeda, untested.
  • wifi hotspot work from androidmeda, might need a reboot to turn off/on again
  • wiifi should wake from deep sleep now.
  • Includes halo notifications how to use halo Paranoid Android's HALO - Overview - YouTube
  • Latest sync with cyanogen and androidarmv6 as of today, it might be cm10.2 now, just needs the version number bumped.
  • Newer virgin fix untested http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...ha-build-virgin.fix4.3.0kernel.jbc-cm10.1.zip
  • older 2.6 kernels won't boot with this.

Pac Rom is on page 6. A mix of AOKP, CM10.1, and Paranoid Android. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...1-jb-4-2-2-jbc-alpha-build-6.html#post2606677

A big thanks to bigsupersquid for his development of the 3.0 kernel. Send thanks and support his work here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3-0-x-3-0-8-a.html
Thanks to androidmeda and androidarm6 devs
Thanks to LeslieAnn, Bobzhome, tdm, drew, KonstaT, and thunderc devs.
Kernel souce: https://github.com/TheJBC/android_kernel_lge_msm7x27-3.0.x
Kernel source: https://bitbucket.org/thekraven/iscream_thunderc-2.6.35-rebase
JB 4.2 source: https://github.com/androidarmv6
Thekraven, you have outdone yourself! This ROM is super kawaii~! I am a 12 year old who probably shouldn't know how to flash CM ROMs on my phone. Stellar work. This phone was passed down to me and as soon as I could, I rooted and installed a custom recovery. ~Thank you! From, Eduardo, a 7th grader EDIT: Link removed, added screen caps via attachments.

Adding ANOTHER screencap using Droid@Screen/ADB:

##YET ANOTHER EDIT: I installed the S4 launcher (Touchwiz) just for ****s and giggles.

Attachments

• droid@screen-1.png
    droid@screen-1.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 252
  • droid@screen-3.png
    droid@screen-3.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 253
  • droid@screen-4.png
    droid@screen-4.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 253
  • droid@screen-1.png
    droid@screen-1.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 252
  • droid@screen-2.png
    droid@screen-2.png
    225.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

D33z

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with you Eduardo. I have been playing with the JBC rom for about a week or so and it really is amazing. I am using COT recovery and I have installed CronMod, Crossbreeder, Project Xtreme w/o entropy, and all 3 fixes cause I'm on the OV also. CPU is 480 min 864 max on a ZV4 with an interactive governor & sio scheduler. The older VM fix is what works, but it needs updated to reflect the truth of thekraven's build. I know everyone here wishes thekraven would/could stay on dev'n this rom, but all things do come to an end. I am a long time lurker on the net who doesn't really comment much but I always thank & like as needed. I read until I understand what I am doing. If I run into a snag, I read some more. I have enjoyed all of your works and your work on the Optimus' will be sadly missed. Just please let us know what phone we will be buying next! ;)

Last edited:

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Eh..well I have a ZV5 (bricked, fixed) with 729 min / 7xx max. (replace xx with a higher number. I don't have my phone on me now.) Yes, all things come to an end, don't they? Just how the Triumph had so much potential, but that damn charger port set me back. And I usually just use Swapper for some more RAM and Link2SD for storage. TWRP recovery on the OV.
And, this phone cannot be used as a 3G device again. It's borked. I've tried to activate on a new account, but...even that didn't work. So, my Optimus has reached the end of the line, and is now used as a Wifi-only device. (I'm thinking of switching to a Galaxy S device, but I don't want to mess with that Odin ****. I'm also considering the Optimus F3...)

tylerju90

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Question: Will we be able to charge the phone while it is turned off soon?

Every time I try to charge my optimus v while its off, the phone turns on. Yesterday, my battery actually died and when I tried to charge it, the phone kept turning all the way on to try and charge, but kept powering off since the battery was technically dead. My phone kept re-booting over and over. I had to quickly put my phone in recovery and plug in my charger at the same time, which was difficult but I managed to do it and recovered the stock rom so my phone could charge.
But is there going to be a fix for this anytime soon?

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if there is going to be a fix. But since, this is a alpha, this was expected. When I plug in my phone, it doesn't show as charging, but if I just leave it there for an hour or two, it charges the battery, even though it thinks its not charging, it is.

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Um thekraven, would it help that I found out the MMS settings?
I went back to stock and dialed ##3282# and then went to MMSC SETTING. Here's what I found:

Set URL
http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088
Set Proxy
Set Port
Yeah, that's what I found in that there menu....

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Question: Will we be able to charge the phone while it is turned off soon?

Every time I try to charge my optimus v while its off, the phone turns on. Yesterday, my battery actually died and when I tried to charge it, the phone kept turning all the way on to try and charge, but kept powering off since the battery was technically dead. My phone kept re-booting over and over. I had to quickly put my phone in recovery and plug in my charger at the same time, which was difficult but I managed to do it and recovered the stock rom so my phone could charge.
But is there going to be a fix for this anytime soon?

Not sure if offline charging is going to be included any time soon, but if you're ever in that situation again, reboot into recovery to charge. In case you don't already know, with the phone off, hold down volume up, home, and power until it's past the LG logo.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

chucklay

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
OV user here with a quick question. This may have already been answered, but I'm not exactly looking forward to scanning through the whole thread. Has anyone found a fix for the random data drops or the occasional reboot when connecting to wifi? I'm on PAC, and it's nearly perfect, with those issues being the only problems I'm having.

For what it's worth, I haven't messed with the kernel or anything. Thanks in advance!

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
OV user here with a quick question. This may have already been answered, but I'm not exactly looking forward to scanning through the whole thread. Has anyone found a fix for the random data drops or the occasional reboot when connecting to wifi? I'm on PAC, and it's nearly perfect, with those issues being the only problems I'm having.

For what it's worth, I haven't messed with the kernel or anything. Thanks in advance!

Noticed that on wifi. Except when I have my OV on my charger (likely because I elected to keep my screen on while charging in Developer Options), But I recently came back to PAC and noticed the drops only happened when the clock was off even by one second.

I am on kernel 40 though (using the old 2.6 kernels).

The one thing I'd like to know for a general reference point is overclocking...what's been the general best alongside governor and scheduler...?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
...random data drops or the occasional reboot when connecting to wifi...
I've been running the test JBC lately, but when I was using PAC I would turn off my 3G when not in use and it seemed to help. If I left 3G on too long it wouldn't talk to the data network even though it thought it was connected.
The wifi, sometimes it's one of the things that lowering overclock can fix. but not neccesarily.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If I left 3G on too long it wouldn't talk to the data network even though it thought it was connected.
The wifi, sometimes it's one of the things that lowering overclock can fix. but not neccesarily.

I haven't been too scientific about it, but my experience is similar. If I leave both wifi and cell radio on for a while, and then turn wifi off, cell radio appears to be connected, although the icon is grey, and only SMS and calls work, no other data. Sometimes I can just toggle airplane mode and that works, sometimes I have to reboot.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

puffen619

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the latest JBC build along with the old VMfix and it appears that the phone is not charging for some reason.
I tried charging it through the recovery method but no luck.
any ideas how to fix this?

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the latest JBC build along with the old VMfix and it appears that the phone is not charging for some reason.
I tried charging it through the recovery method but no luck.
any ideas how to fix this?

Have you tried a different charger? It's always possible that your charger died, especially since it's not charging in recovery.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 4

puffen619

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I guess it is charging but the phone doesn't recognize it's being charged.
I have to reboot to show the updated battery percentage.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ppossumm

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to block calls with this ROM without adding an app? I keep getting a mortgage something repeat caller twice daily from the same 2 numbers

D33z

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been running the test JBC lately, but when I was using PAC I would turn off my 3G when not in use and it seemed to help. If I left 3G on too long it wouldn't talk to the data network even though it thought it was connected.

I haven't had any issues with anything in this rom. I have had to lower my overclock and am now testing 864 844 825 806 with 480 as my min. No 3G/WIFI issues. The reason for lowering the overclock is because of ANY random reboots. Some of the reboots seem to be happening when the battery is below 20%, but I'm not for certain. I have also found that even if you properly mount and unmount the sd card, the phone will reboot when you re-insert the sd card. I may have been mistaken and my phone was a ZV5 originally. Should I switch it back? This is by leaps and bounds the greatest rom to hit my phone, not complaining just reporting.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech