[Request] [ROM] fast, light, clean

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for all of these posts, but can someone either point me in the direction to or create a light, fast, and clean rom? By light I mean that it has lots of free space, at least 100 or 90 mb to work with for storage uses. Fast is obvious. And by clean I mean that its not awfully looking and something hopefully ics, but gb is fine

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Sir, not to be rude, but I think you are asking for something out of reality's grips. I say this because as far as I'm aware, JB 4.1.2 is the latest software for the phone, Reborn ROM v2.2.4 is likely to be the most stable build, both consume a fair amount of battery life, to my observation virtually the same amount.... and asking for a lightweight ROM in the ICS or GB category is like asking for a Linux Build that doesn't involve terminal.. it just doesn't exist... However, you can look through other places like XDA developers website and see if they have anything.

BY THE WAY, I do recommend the Paranoid/Cold As Ice ROM, Reborn ROM v2.2.4, or possibly the CM10 JB ROM, however, the CM10 is relatively buggy for me, it does NOT have hotspot (have tried piddling with this phone for days) and it refuses to download picture messages. Also where did the MIC button go on the keyboard....

Anyway..... Try Reborn if you're cool on GB, it's totally unique though. Try CM10.1 if you want JB, and try Paranoid if you want ICS.
\

Best regards..,.

Ben.
Maker of the 5400 mAh Optimus S battery.

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sir, not to be rude, but I think you are asking for something out of reality's grips. I say this because as far as I'm aware, JB 4.1.2 is the latest software for the phone, Reborn ROM v2.2.4 is likely to be the most stable build, both consume a fair amount of battery life, to my observation virtually the same amount.... and asking for a lightweight ROM in the ICS or GB category is like asking for a Linux Build that doesn't involve terminal.. it just doesn't exist... However, you can look through other places like XDA developers website and see if they have anything.

BY THE WAY, I do recommend the Paranoid/Cold As Ice ROM, Reborn ROM v2.2.4, or possibly the CM10 JB ROM, however, the CM10 is relatively buggy for me, it does NOT have hotspot (have tried piddling with this phone for days) and it refuses to download picture messages. Also where did the MIC button go on the keyboard....

Anyway..... Try Reborn if you're cool on GB, it's totally unique though. Try CM10.1 if you want JB, and try Paranoid if you want ICS.
\

Best regards..,.

Ben.
Maker of the 5400 mAh Optimus S battery.

Actually I've found an ICS rom which has 100 something megabytes and is crazy fast so... you're wrong there. Sadly though its only been developed for the Optimus V and Optimus One, and my attempts at porting it haven't gone well. The ICySNAP LG UI 3.1 thing in both forums is what I am talking about.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Actually I've found an ICS rom which has 100 something megabytes and is crazy fast so... you're wrong there. Sadly though its only been developed for the Optimus V and Optimus One, and my attempts at porting it haven't gone well. The ICySNAP LG UI 3.1 thing in both forums is what I am talking about.

What is there to port? Switch the home and menu keys and your done.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What is there to port? Switch the home and menu keys and your done.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Yes I know but the MMS wont work and I'd have to switch out the mms.apk with another one (not sure if this is the only way, this is just what I know) that works with this device already and the one that's already on the rom has a themed and tweaked mms.apk

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I am curious as to which ROM you speak of.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I can help out. Idk about MMS.apk. I didn't switch it or do anything to it.

I switch APNS and do the Build Prop stuff and that's it. I'm sure I can help out. Gonna be working on a few things to get something running. Keep the device alive. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can help out. Idk about MMS.apk. I didn't switch it or do anything to it.

I switch APNS and do the Build Prop stuff and that's it. I'm sure I can help out. Gonna be working on a few things to get something running. Keep the device alive. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

No no thats fine you don't have to. I don't want to troube you

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll toss in my recommendation for thekraven's CM7. It's GB, light, featured, fast and mean.

Yes of coures I know about that one. actually I'm sitting here thinking as to why I even posted this, because I know all the available roms for this phone and have tried them all. I do really like that one, and consider it to be my "stock" of this phone. Why? cause its so functional and clean and managable that I think it overdoes the abilities of the actual stock rom. That one I believe to even be more functional than the real stock.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just to throw something out there you could take a few vm670 roms for a spin they work fine on the ls670 just need keys swapped. A lot of ppl like Mirrage rom, harmonia or OM-Mandylion IHO (has ls670 version.) basically the same reason I'm over on this side of the forums the os and ov are hardware twins in that roms developed for one of them will work on both phones.

Edit oh and if you flash EarthnFire78's ls670 kernel over ov cm7 it'll fix the keys. Just delete the build.prop to use it with other roms then OM-Mandylion

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware