No Service After Upgrade/How to restore MEID/ESN. Wifi works fine.

secretfire

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Dear Experts:

I updated from to ZVJ from ZVD - and then lost all service. No MEID. Wifi works fine.

Baseband Version: LS670MVJ_6150
Android Version 2.3.3.
SW Version: LS6720ZVJ
PRL Version: 61092

Any idea what is wrong? I've tried reinstalling the update - no change. I even tried flashing and installing GingerRom (which works great! much less bloat) - still no change.

Does anyone know:

1. Why I lost my MEID/other information, and
2. How to restore it?

If this information has been permanently lost, I do still have the MEID stored on my cell phone's account information - is there a way I can put it back in?

I've seen references to this problem offhandedly in the forums, and it doesn't seem to be something irreversable. Can anyone explain to me the problem?

Thanks!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Dear Experts:

I updated from to ZVJ from ZVD - and then lost all service. No MEID. Wifi works fine.

Baseband Version: LS670MVJ_6150
Android Version 2.3.3.
SW Version: LS6720ZVJ
PRL Version: 61092

Any idea what is wrong? I've tried reinstalling the update - no change. I even tried flashing and installing GingerRom (which works great! much less bloat) - still no change.

Does anyone know:

1. Why I lost my MEID/other information, and
2. How to restore it?

If this information has been permanently lost, I do still have the MEID stored on my cell phone's account information - is there a way I can put it back in?

I've seen references to this problem offhandedly in the forums, and it doesn't seem to be something irreversable. Can anyone explain to me the problem?

Thanks!

A little confused. It sounds like radio mismatch. Try one zvd Rom and one zvj rom. One of them should work if that's the case

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You probably need to add your apns and mod the build.prop to your cell service. The zvj update will only have service for sprint. After you get the above corrected, then do a update profile and update PRL.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You probably need to add your apns and mod the build.prop to your cell service. The zvj update will only have service for sprint. After you get the above corrected, then do a update profile and update PRL.

He's on sprint afaik... Was that directed at me?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

secretfire

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually on Ting, which runs on the sprint network. Hmm. It never occurred to me that ZVJ was sprint-only; I just assumed that as Ting=Sprint....everything was fine. .... To be honest, kraven, I don't really think I'm capable of doing what you are suggesting, as I don't fully understand it, but I'll read over the forums tomorrow and see if I can puzzle it out. If I have to revert to zvd, then I guess thats what I'll have to do.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Also if you are still having problems and your positive that you have to restore your ESN/MEID the only way that I found that you can do that is with a DFS or CDMA tool, but I wouldnt recommend messing with that stuff because I did once and when I tried to change it the tool failed and reset my ESN/MEID to all zeros and it took me forever to figure out how to fix it, but to avoid all of that you'll have to buy the tool from this site, it was the only tool that allowed me to change them

CDMA Tool. DFS software. www.cdmatool.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci