How do I downgrade from ZVJ rooted (with COT v1.2) to ZVD?

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
QUESTION:
How can I "downgrade" a rooted, ZVJ-based HydroROM (with COT v1.2 custom recovery) to baseband to ZVD?

BACKGROUND INFO IF IT HELPS:
My daughter's phone is running (ZVJ-based) HydroROM with COT v1.2. When it's booted up, it can't access the SD card, or any of our known-good SD-cards, and the WiFi doesn't work. (Wifi reports "Error".) From recovery it can usually access the SD card. I've tried completely wiping and reflashing HydroROM, but that didn't help. I tried flashing (ZVJ-based) DanteROM, which fixed the WiFi but not the SD-card access. When I reinstalled HydroROM, the WiFi & SD-card access stopped working. Unless somebody has a good suggestion, I'd like to try "downgrading" to ZVD just in case rewriting the baseband fixes the WiFi and SD-card access. But I'm not sure how to downgrade to ZVD since (from what I understand) you need a stock recovery to downgrade using Sprint's ZVD downgrade "update.zip".

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sdcard access works on all the roms you listed..... I'm guessing your problem is more hardware. Maybe try reformatting your card.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but as I said, I've tried multiple known-good SD cards. It's the phone, not the card.

I just need instructions on how to downgrade from rooted ZVJ to ZVD using COT 1.2. Help please?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showpost.php?p=712850

If you follow that link you will end up on zvd baseband and software. I recommend following the guide exactly as I am not sure the shortcut will work with that version of COT. You will end with unrooted stock zvd, so you will then need to re root and rom the zvd rom of your choice.

Edit: it has been noted that sometimes a full PC format of a an sdcard will fix unreadable sdcards, even cards that may work in other devices.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but as I said, I've tried multiple known-good SD cards. It's the phone, not the card.

I just need instructions on how to downgrade from rooted ZVJ to ZVD using COT 1.2. Help please?

Were the cards you tried formated from your phone In recovery?

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware

BradTheGeek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
With stock recovery or Xionia you can flash the official Sprint ZVD downgrade. I just did, got stuck in a boot loop, went back into stock recovery and did a clear cache and factory reset. I was unrooted and back on stock ZVD.

The long story is I was rooted, ZVD and CAI ROM. Went to stock ZVD with xionia. Lost my root, upped to stock ZVJ. Realized I had no root, went back to official ZVD with the stock recovery, rooted, then followed the ZVJ root instructions, wound up with rooted ZVJ then installed HydroRom using xionia.

That said, you said 'sometimes' sd cards work in recovery. That sounds like a bad SD socket to me. Sucks, but there it is.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
FYI: Just in case it helps someone who has the same issue and finds this thread...
I didn't want to risk using Cannibal Open Touch to flash the stock ZVD update, so (thanks to hlxanthus) I flashed the Xonia custom recovery zip, and then flashed the ZVD update from there. Unfortunately my daughter's phone's intermittent SD-card reading problem continuted with stock ZVD, ZVD-based RebornROM, rooted ZVJ, and ZVJ/Hydrokernel-based DanteROM. I tried reformatting the cards (which work fine on my other 3 Optimus S's), etc. The problem is intermittent and inscrutable so I think it's the hardware. When the phone feels like reading the SD cards, it can read them from the custom-recovery and when I boot up, but when it doesn't feel like reading the SD-cards it won't read them from recovery or from or from Android. When it boots into Android and reads an SD-card, I can unmount and mount any card. But it may unmount the card minutes or hours later. My family has 4 Optimus S's but this is the only one behaving this way.