Im new to this whole rooting and what not to phones... I know a little more about computers than i actually do the phones... Anyway Heres the Issue. I went to factory reset my phone and the following popped up.... ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.7

several options none of which work. I had a friend that downloaded a rom or something like that and when she tried to use install zip from sd card... nothing happens... a top hat with a circle apears when you hit the power button but nothing else. PLEASE HELP and talk me through this
    06-27-2013 08:30 AM
    In recovery, navigate the menu with the volume up/down, and select options with the camera button.

Before you get into modding your phone, you should read all the stickies in this forum, particularly this one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...mers-info.html
    06-27-2013 09:10 AM
    None of the buttons select anything. the camera button or anything... volume down button scrolls up the voice button scrolls down the back, search, and power buttons switches it to a screen with a top hat on a circle
    06-27-2013 10:04 AM
    That's odd. It sounds like maybe a recovery for a different phone was installed. Can you still boot the phone? Is it an Optimus S?
    06-27-2013 11:07 AM
    if you factory reset, you'll need Zen garden recovery or COT recovery to fix the damage. nothing you can do to stop the bootloop with clockworkmod unless you're willing to use ADB.
    the camera button has two positions, try pressing it hard.
    06-27-2013 11:37 AM
    it is an optimus s yes... the phone does not boot at all just stays on clockwork mod
    06-27-2013 12:43 PM
    If you really can't get the camera button to work in recovery, you might have to use kdz.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...using-kdz.html
    06-27-2013 01:50 PM
    if it boots into recovery then you can probably use adb instead of kdz.
    adb is a way to send terminal commands from the pc. you can use it to clear the bootloop, or install a backup, or similar, using flash_image.
    if you're interested in salvaging it instead of flashing new firmware with kdz, it can be done.
    06-27-2013 03:03 PM
    There's a sticky thread with a warning about this, though it lacks updates...

Anyhow, if you can get to the phone via ADB you should be able to fix it by wiping /dev/mtd/mtd7 and /dev/mtd/mtd8 - this is what the bootloop fixes do for this phone...

But, you should really replace your recovery - either switch back to a stock recovery (which will then complete the wipe) or update to something functional (and run the bootloop fix), you'll need working ADB for this too...

... if ADB doesn't work, or you don't want / need a custom recovery, you'll probably have to KDZ back to stock, or similar.

... so, can you get to the phone via ADB?
    (if you need LG USB drivers check the stickied root threads, can also get a working copy of adb from the root kits, though installing Android SDK is preferred?)
    06-27-2013 03:33 PM