[ROM] CM-10.2 4.3 rom + 3.0x kernel

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hm, it appears I can't get the gapps right now since they're migrating data to their new servers. I guess I'll do without them for a test drive :)

Would it be possible to see this jump up to CM 11, since KitKat is supposed to play more nicely with devices that have only 512mb of ram? I'd definitely look forwards to that, although I've been looking to porting aokp to the optimus s for a while now.

DID YOU GET STATUS 7 IN REVOVERY ?

Posted via Android Central App

Yup. I got a log, too. http://pastebin.com/ce238a45
I have a feeling that it's due to me never upgrading from my old faithful cwm recovery. What recoveries are you guys using?

Edit: I believe that following these instructions works (it now boots for me), but you'll need to disable signature verification.

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
DID YOU GET STATUS 7 IN REVOVERY ?

Yes...it was something like that. Certainly don't feel like trying to reflash it now in order to double-check; things are going wrong with this stupid computer taking FOREVER to put what was the contents of my SD card BACK ONTO IT...

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hm, it appears I can't get the gapps right now since they're migrating data to their new servers. I guess I'll do without them for a test drive :)

Would it be possible to see this jump up to CM 11, since KitKat is supposed to play more nicely with devices that have only 512mb of ram? I'd definitely look forwards to that, although I've been looking to porting aokp to the optimus s for a while now.

Yup. I got a log, too. Starting recovery on Tue Nov 19 01:31:13 2013 framebuffer: fd 4 (320 x 480) Xi - Pastebin.com
I have a feeling that it's due to me never upgrading from my old faithful cwm recovery. What recoveries are you guys using?

Edit: I believe that following these instructions works (it now boots for me), but you'll need to disable signature verification.

I upgraded to this and worked perfectly after recovery-th7 . Put onto root of sd card and i used flash image gui.apk to flash it . Give it a shot .

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to this and worked perfectly after recovery-th7 . I use this cwma and after it flashed but cant seem to flash gapps ? But i think somewhere earlier in this forum someone said something about it being down ? try it out let me know if it worked

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to this and worked perfectly after recovery-th7 . I use this cwma and after it flashed but cant seem to flash gapps ? But i think somewhere earlier in this forum someone said something about it being down ? try it out let me know if it worked

I'd rather see a thread than just a mediafire link. And yeah, goo.im is in the process of migrating stuff, and it appears that the gapps.zip is currently unavailable.

I poked around, and I do like what I see so far. I miss the customization options of aokp (mostly just the battery bar and centered clock), but I'm going to look for some xposed framework stuff. [edit: I found the TEAM Battery bar and gravitybox, which work :D) If they can do what I like, then I'll probably pack everything up to move to this rom.

So its normal if my gapps dont flash ? Ive tried numerous times but it never appears in my app drawer ..

I can't even get it to download, since I get a 500 error from their site right now, and it says to expect errors since they're migrating stuff. Be patient.

Last edited:

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Can we get some screenies anino or espeon?

Previous Username: UnrootedDroidOwner
Current Phone: Lg MACH(LS860)
Old phone: Lg Optimus S(LS670) Currently my MC:pE server hoster:)
And soon to come is a Nexus 7 2012:)

Anino4

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I switched back to my old ROM . CM had too many bugs and keyboards would force close and I wouldn't be able to type anything .. I hope this gets fixed

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Seeing as kraven doesn't have his s anymore, idk what will happen to this community...

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I'll put some up later today.

I switched back to my old ROM . CM had too many bugs and keyboards would force close and I wouldn't be able to type anything .. I hope this gets fixed

Personally, it's been great for me. I've had about twice as much free ram as I did on the PAC rom, and I've had only a couple minor annoyances that I've solved.
I've never really cared for the stock keyboard in any case; I use Touchpal X. It works great.

I'm also going to try using Cannibal OT Recovery later to see if I can then flash it.

Last edited:

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't care too much for pacrom because of battery life. I wish I could try this out.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The ROM finally flashed just fine...however, the gapps did nothing, despite showing that it was installed successfully. And oddly enough, it says GApps for Android 4.2...perhaps that's part of the problem? (I already have a 4.2 gapps, why would the one for 4.3 do the same thing?)

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the stock keyboard works fine...but the browser FCs instantly and signing into Google is impossible ("Can't establish a reliable connection to the server."). Really? You HAVE a Wi-Fi signal, and yet you can't reach Google? Then again, the gapps being absent would probably be the culprit.

ClutchX_LA

The_Boss
Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the stock keyboard works fine...but the browser FCs instantly and signing into Google is impossible ("Can't establish a reliable connection to the server."). Really? You HAVE a Wi-Fi signal, and yet you can't reach Google? Then again, the gapps being absent would probably be the culprit.

It sounds like there are no google services in the rom.

Boba Espeon

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Eh, I don't really need gapps (I only use this phone for texting and the occasional browsing), and this performs much better than any previous JB/ICS rom I've tried.
I have noticed that battery life is a fair bit worse than the PAC rom - it drops at about 1% a minute. The apparent battery-drainer in the battery stats is the screen, even though my brightness is all the way down.

Upon trying to enable auto brightness, it immediately unsets itself.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
This would be okay if the browser actually worked for me (which it doesn't). And since I couldn't sign into Google, I can't get any apps (gotta have my games!!)...nope, not this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney