overclocking

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
honestly with JIT enabled all overclocking does besides supposedly raise the linpack score is kill battery faster, and raise the temperature. You don't see any noticeable speed increases, in fact, the speed slightly decreases.

At least that's my observation and opinion. Maybe I just don't see a need to overclock this phone.

abarenbe

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
If overclocking only kills the battery, does this mean underclocking only saves the battery? Any advice on underclocking for a newb?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If overclocking only kills the battery, does this mean underclocking only saves the battery? Any advice on underclocking for a newb?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Don't UC this device unless you want to see significant lag. UC'ing is for those 1ghz processors. For this processor the battery saving will come from UV but given what I've seen already from LG's job on optimizing this phone, I'll take a guess that it's not going to UV buy much if at all.

drellisdee

ROM Developer
Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't UC this device unless you want to see significant lag. UC'ing is for those 1ghz processors. For this processor the battery saving will come from UV but given what I've seen already from LG's job on optimizing this phone, I'll take a guess that it's not going to UV buy much if at all.

UV & UC to save battery isn't really feastible as all freq 245mhz to 480mhz use same voltage on any msm7x27 processor (less than 245mhz is too slow for the phone to wake up for calls etc.) 600+ uses the max voltage. Max voltage is level 7 on this processor and voltage level of 3 is the minimum the phone can use to be operational. Voltage levels 3-6 have the same output so no savings there.

abarenbe

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, the level of help on this forum is simply amazing!

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The best way to save battery on voice calls is to used a wired headset. Any iPhone-compatible headset will work. Use your headset and turn off the screen during voice calls. I only dropped 7% battery over a 45 minute call!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
First let me pre-face with this is not my phone. This is a picture from a friends phone. I assure you 100% this is an LG Optimus.

I posted this picture without the friends permission so, friend .... if you see this and want it removed please let me know and I'll immediately pull it. Thanks (Didn't feel like bothering you over a little pic and i know you'd never post it :p ) People want to see that stuff man!!!!!!

2gtrp8p.png

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
First let me pre-face with this is not my phone. This is a picture from a friends phone. I assure you 100% this is an LG Optimus.

I posted this picture without the friends permission so, friend .... if you see this and want it removed please let me know and I'll immediately pull it. Thanks (Didn't feel like bothering you over a little pic and i know you'd never post it :p ) People want to see that stuff man!!!!!!

Thats awesome!! i got mine stable @ 980 but Batt life is like 3 hours... so im running it at 806 MHz Hehe wish mine would do that though. :p

drellisdee

ROM Developer
Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

2gtrp8p.png

what kernel clock freq was this done at?

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the heat tolerence for this processor?? Cause i can run mine @ 980 (roughly) but after 15 mins or so while playing a game and playing pandora it reboots. then when i run it @ 806 it lasts for as long as i want... as long as i don't play a game and have pandora on?? the back and Batt are getting warm, but like warm water not to the level i would think it would "over heat" the processor...or could it be pandora?

drellisdee

ROM Developer
Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the heat tolerence for this processor?? Cause i can run mine @ 980 (roughly) but after 15 mins or so while playing a game and playing pandora it reboots. then when i run it @ 806 it lasts for as long as i want... as long as i don't play a game and have pandora on?? the back and Batt are getting warm, but like warm water not to the level i would think it would "over heat" the processor...or could it be pandora?

join me on #OptimusS on freenode you guys just may ruin your phone.

webchat.freenode.net if you dont have an irc client

Last edited:

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
drellisdee how do I get on that channel or thing to chat I have a oc kernel and i wanna test the waters and mess around with higher speed the right way im not able to get to the web name you said if you dont a irc client thanks and how to get to where you need us to go to to listen in lol thanks

olmos.lalo

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

2gtrp8p.png
Your friend's phone has nothing on mine :p
This is my Optimus S.

snap20101128_153357.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae