12-29-2010 07:03 AM
31 12
tools
    Ok, I decided to wipe my phone before swapping with my wife for the night (just to be safe), somehow I got stuck in recovery boot loop hell. I'm running ThundeROM 1.3 RA-thunderc-1.1.0-GNM for my recovery. Anyone have a clue what to do?
    12-06-2010 10:00 PM
    Can you get to the full recovery screen where it says factory restore and flash .zip if you can get there what you could do is get to that recovery menu click the factory reset option the go to wipe then wipe your dalvki or what ever way you spell it and wipe the cache then go to your usb toggle and connect your phone then block the usb toggle it will mount your sdcard and then go to your pc and download a fresh downloaded thunde rom v1.3.zip put it on the root of your sdcard go to flash .zip and flash the new fresh rom then click reboot now then you should be on your way if anything comes up let me know and I could see what I could do cuz my phone at one time couldn't get past the sprint load screen and someone helped me so ill do the same for someone else ;-)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    12-06-2010 10:39 PM
    Can you get to the full recovery screen where it says factory restore and flash .zip if you can get there what you could do is get to that recovery menu click the factory reset option the go to wipe then wipe your dalvki or what ever way you spell it and wipe the cache then go to your usb toggle and connect your phone then block the usb toggle it will mount your sdcard and then go to your pc and download a fresh downloaded thunde rom v1.3.zip put it on the root of your sdcard go to flash .zip and flash the new fresh rom then click reboot now then you should be on your way if anything comes up let me know and I could see what I could do cuz my phone at one time couldn't get past the sprint load screen and someone helped me so ill do the same for someone else ;-)

Done those already. I'm gonna try TundeROM 1.1 now.
    12-06-2010 10:42 PM
    And zefie gave me a unreleased rom of his and a set if instructions if I could get permission to send you the hole pm he gave me with the rom and everything cuz my phone would only boot up to sprint sign and recovery screen and I flashed this rom and another rom and the v9 update and I kept getting errors like crazy but I flashed his stuff and oddly and stupidly after a no go on flashing his rom I finaly got my hands on a laptop and as soon as I pluged the phone onto the laptops usb cord the charging sign showed and I tryed to power on the phone and bam all of a suddon the dam thing wanted to work it was crazy I didnt even start with any of the instructions he gave me it was maybe the rom halfway flashing and plug your phone to a pc it might work?

12-06-2010 10:51 PM
    And zefie gave me a unreleased rom of his and a set if instructions if I could get permission to send you the hole pm he gave me with the rom and everything cuz my phone would only boot up to sprint sign and recovery screen and I flashed this rom and another rom and the v9 update and I kept getting errors like crazy but I flashed his stuff and oddly and stupidly after a no go on flashing his rom I finaly got my hands on a laptop and as soon as I pluged the phone onto the laptops usb cord the charging sign showed and I tryed to power on the phone and bam all of a suddon the dam thing wanted to work it was crazy I didnt even start with any of the instructions he gave me it was maybe the rom halfway flashing and plug your phone to a pc it might work?

send it to me, i'll talk to zefie
    12-06-2010 10:53 PM
    Im had to log onto the web browser first to actually get into my account I was about to pm you in just a sec and I dont know how to get a zip file onto this website with my phone if anything I will pm you with my email adress and sent it to you that way cuz I dont gae my laptop right now just my phone let me know how I would with a phone then I will send you my email ok
    12-06-2010 11:02 PM
    Im had to log onto the web browser first to actually get into my account I was about to pm you in just a sec and I dont know how to get a zip file onto this website with my phone if anything I will pm you with my email adress and sent it to you that way cuz I dont gae my laptop right now just my phone let me know how I would with a phone then I will send you my email ok
    i'll take just the directions for now.
    12-06-2010 11:04 PM
    ok, i got into an adb shell
    12-06-2010 11:17 PM
    Hey smccloud I just sent you a pm I forwarded his pm he sent me to you should get it soon check your mail :-)
    12-06-2010 11:21 PM
    Hey smccloud I just sent you a pm I forwarded his pm he sent me to you should get it soon check your mail :-)
    Yep, got it. I'm now able to get into the adb shell, so thats a step in the right direction.
    12-06-2010 11:23 PM
    Thata a good sign couldnt in zefies directions he told me to adb push the old recovery image did you happen to have to clockwork recovery image cuz thats what busted my phone when it was im its eraly stages loved it but bricked the phone I a weird way but I was able to adb shell and get my old recovery with you could adb push the old or new gnm or gmn recovery and then flash the custom first safe zefie rom :-) and adb reboot and see what happens?
    12-06-2010 11:26 PM
    Sorry ya it was I didnt refresh the page but I was saying it is a great sign and a good start
    12-06-2010 11:29 PM
    Thata a good sign couldnt in zefies directions he told me to adb push the old recovery image did you happen to have to clockwork recovery image cuz thats what busted my phone when it was im its eraly stages loved it but bricked the phone I a weird way but I was able to adb shell and get my old recovery with you could adb push the old or new gnm or gmn recovery and then flash the custom first safe zefie rom :-) and adb reboot and see what happens?
    nope, i gave up on all clockwork recovery stuff a long time ago. couldn't get help from the main developer on it.
    12-06-2010 11:31 PM
    Ahh ya thats tough but on the android forums there is a newer updated recovery I want you to flash it gives you the ability to wipe the system witch probbly by now is one of the probblems your having like me and zefie did and wipe that and everything else like you said if you could adb shell the use the regular commands to push the new updated amon ra v1.2 recovery image then wipe the system or data and It will wipe the corupted files you mignt have im pretty sure you did a nandroid before you started flashing roms one you get the zefid rom up and running you can just flash the stock nandroid backups you did and be all good
    12-06-2010 11:40 PM
    Completely fixed by using Zefie's instructions and nandroid backup. Now to get the wife's Epic 4G restored to stock so I can bring it in tomorrow.
    12-06-2010 11:53 PM
    Lol great I used that to get my phone up and running at least then I was getting so deap imto hooking up my phome and I talked a freind into upgrading his blackberry curve to a great optimus s and say his radio was different so I got mad and had to use the bone stock v8 to upgrade to v9 with radio steps and now my baby is running smoother then ever but you could use this really handy dandy tool called odin to factory restore that puppy to right out the box settings I just came off the att captivate wagon lol loved that phone so much but I deff didnt love my $500 bill every month with a tide down data plan I just didnt have enough money at the time I went a payed for this one and the palm pre I have sitting but I'm going to save up for one but if you look at the xda website theres a program called odin its perfect for making that phone work trust me I had the menu and back button virus when flashing the i9000 roms lol glad everything worked out
    12-07-2010 12:19 AM
    This happened to me as well. I couldn't get anything to write to the phone in recovery (flashable .zips, nandroid backups, a /system adb push). I went to Sprint and the replaced my device for free.
    12-07-2010 12:58 AM
    Ya that sucks but its always sweet when you get a fresh phone from sprint lol
    12-07-2010 08:47 AM
    Can you please post Zefie's instructions because I'm having the same recovery boot loop problem
    12-07-2010 12:28 PM
    Ya sure I cant give out the unreleased rom but it was made before the thunde rom so the is better to use and if you dont already have the updated recovery-thunderc-s-RA-1.2-GNM.img go here don't use the old one this one is way better just have to change the name when pushing the image lol but here is the recovery link I'm going to pm you the instructions ok
    12-07-2010 12:35 PM
    12-07-2010 12:53 PM
    Check your pm box I set you up with the exact links and instuctions you just need a fresh thunde rom.zip to flash and you be on your way hope that helps ya
    12-07-2010 12:57 PM
    Ya I sent him to eather or lol how did the epic go for ya did you happen to use odin or just went the way it was?
    12-07-2010 12:59 PM
    ok. I tried pushing recovery 1.2 but it says file not found. i placed it on the root of my sdcard then disabled usb, went into adb shell and when i typed adb push recovery-thunderc-s-RA-v1.2-GNM.img /sdcard/ it says file not found
    12-07-2010 01:14 PM
    i followed the how to guide for restoring to stock rom but still boots into recovery. i have thunde recovery 1.1 already installed and everytime i tried pushing thunderc v1.2 it says no such file or directory, any suggestions?
    12-07-2010 01:30 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD