After flashing ThundeRom and then the buildprop edits the GPS in my Opti is unable to get a fix. Any ideas on how to fix this?

PS: My phone gets consistently over 950 in Quadrant now. Awesome!
    12-12-2010 06:18 PM
    Okay one of two things might help
    adb shell
    su
    mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
    echo "NORMALIZED_SLEEPER" > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features
    echo "NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS" > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features

And Or going to the market and downloading GPS status and toolbox
    once installed hit the menu hardkey button on the phone and go to tools on the app
    then manage a gps state
    reset
    then back to manage a gps state and download
    see it that helps (hope it does)
    Cheers.
    P.S. if this does help you and others with gps issues let me know i write it up cleaner and see if it can get stickied by the great KSmithInNY
    realmeister likes this.
    12-13-2010 10:42 AM
    Tried GPS status, but
    it didn't help. Will try your othdr suggestion tonight.
    12-14-2010 10:01 AM
    You might just try a full wipe and flash.
    realmeister likes this.
    12-14-2010 10:12 AM
    echo "NORMALIZED_SLEEPER" > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features
    I get a permission denied error after this line.

I did a complete wipe and flash already. When that didn't fix the problem I decided to post here....
    12-14-2010 02:57 PM
    might be something wrong with you phone. maybe consider an exchange.
    12-14-2010 03:20 PM
    It had worked perfectly fine up to this point. Once I flashed ThundeROM and the buildprop edits it stopped working.
    12-14-2010 06:09 PM
    Just tried the buildprop edits on ThundeROM 1.5; GPS works fine for me. In fact it actually got my part of the building right for once D:
    12-15-2010 10:25 AM
    Alright, I completely reset the phone to factory state and I got GPS working again! I didn't want to do that, but that was my only option after nothing else seemed to work.

Not sure if I want to unroot my phone and flash the custom ROM again.... I'm pretty sure though that I won't be able to resist hacking my phone!
    12-17-2010 04:50 PM
    After I reset the phone to factory state, I went back and applied ThundeROM, buildprop edits and the Xionia kernel, only to have the same no-fix-GPS problem again. Surely I can't be the only one with this problem!

Is there a certain order that these flashes should be applied?
    12-20-2010 03:11 PM
    You need to flash back to stock and verify your gps is working. I've been running ThundeRom for 2 weeks now and haven't had any gps issues, using maps daily.
    12-20-2010 03:35 PM
    I recreated the problems as well...the general AGPS works ie: Accurate to 6500 Meters...however when I turn off Wifi my GPS doesn't work beyond that

Except I have the 1.4 ROM and the Xionia Kernerl applied...my visual voicemail is also toast
    12-20-2010 03:39 PM
    Try with stagefright off. I'll bet you guys flashed deluxe
    12-20-2010 03:56 PM
    After I reset the phone to factory state, I went back and applied ThundeROM, buildprop edits and the Xionia kernel, only to have the same no-fix-GPS problem again. Surely I can't be the only one with this problem!

Is there a certain order that these flashes should be applied?
    I use Google Navigation extensively and have not had any problems with my rooted, ThundeROMed, and deluxe buildproped phone. I applied them in that order. My GPS worked fine before I applied the deluxe buildprop on ThundeROM 1.3 as well. Only yesterday did I install zefie's kernel and have not used Google Navigation since then, but I did use Google maps for a second and it found me even when I was in a building's foyer. I'd pass it off as a hardware issue if it wasn't for the fact that you said it worked when you went back to stock. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    12-20-2010 04:54 PM
    I am back to factory state (2nd time), but GPS is not working anymore. It worked again the first time I reset to factory state. I get 1, may be 2 satellites after 15-20 minutes, but never enough to get a fix.

My wife's (factory state) Optimus gets a fix within 1-2 minutes INSIDE the house! I don't understand what's going on. I've even reset the GPS date several times with the GPS Toolbox app suggested earlier...
    12-20-2010 05:43 PM
    Exchange your phone...
    12-20-2010 05:56 PM
    I'm afraid they'll hassle and figure out I messed it up with my flashes. Since I'm back to factory state, any chance of that happening?

Another question: Do I have to find a Sprint store, or will any Sprint reseller (ie Best Buy) do?
    12-20-2010 06:05 PM
    Sounds like a dud to me. Keep in mind they have sold more than 2 million of these phones which means they've probably made more than 3 million. There are going to be defective phones.
    12-20-2010 06:06 PM
    As long as you flash back to stock, including recovery, they have no way of knowing.
    12-20-2010 06:31 PM
    I was able to reproduce the GPS problem but ever since I've upgraded to V1.5 w/out JIT or Stagefright I was able to get decent GPS lock...if you are still having the issue I would most definitely get rid of it.
    12-20-2010 06:46 PM
    I was able to reproduce the GPS problem but ever since I've upgraded to V1.5 w/out JIT or Stagefright I was able to get decent GPS lock...if you are still having the issue I would most definitely get rid of it.
    Please explain, v1.5 of what? Buildprop?

mtia
    12-21-2010 04:16 PM
    Please explain, v1.5 of what? Buildprop?

mtia
    Probably talking about "ThunderROM" and the included buildprop flash files.
    12-21-2010 04:28 PM
    Probably talking about "ThunderROM" and the included buildprop flash files.
    Got it
    12-22-2010 12:31 PM
    May be it was my phone being a dud. I got a new phone from the Sprint store, rooted and flashed Xionia, as well as NRom. GPS is still working fine!
    12-23-2010 04:31 PM
    I've been having some GPS issues as well, not sure if it's a phone problem or normal behavior though since I've only had the phone for 4 days.
    12-23-2010 05:18 PM