ThundeROM 1.5 Comments & Questions

im_electronic

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
loaded ThundeROM 1.5 and wow, used deluxe pack fro JIT and stagefright.

will be looking over the backup i moved to my pc of the SD card for the original ringtones, that is the only thing I miss (so far)

I loaded a custom ROM after getting this phone on the first(12/1) to get rid of lag in angry birds (no really)

new android user, long time modder so no sweat there with all of the excelent guides around.

I also feel a 10% or so improvement on battery life over stock.

just ordered a 2x battery set with wall charger off ebay for this phone for $10 shipped.

If I find all the sound files I miss (tweeting birds ringtone and alarm clock tones) I'll post them up. STFA to no avail on this.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
1.) Please post more descriptive titles. Nobody is going to do a search on your original title of "sweet jesus" and come across this thread. I have taken the liberty of renaming it for you.

2.) Use proper grammar and complete/descriptive questions. Your 2nd post makes zero sense.

3.) Assuming you are looking for the rhe original sounds, I have uploaded them here.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
▲▲ What the big guy said ▲▲ :)

And since Cory was kind enough to provide a download link, the next natural question would be where the heck do you put them? Check the SD card in the media folder.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
▲▲ What the big guy said ▲▲ :)

And since Cory was kind enough to provide a download link, the next natural question would be where the heck do you put them? Check the SD card in the media folder.

Not sure if this is related, but I first flashed ThundeROM from stock when my phone still had the original 2gb card in it (I wanted to confirm that it worked before I swapped it with my 16gb card with all my music that was in my Moment). Once I got ThundeROM all set up with my preferred ringtones and was convinced it was a production-ready phone, I swapped sd cards. I didn't realize that ThundeROM moved the ringtones to the sdcard to save space (at least I think that's what it did...maybe that's how 2.2 does things by default), so after putting the new sdcard in, my ringtones were lost. Did you know that if Android can't find your specified ringtone, it will pick a song seemingly randomly from your sdcard? Imagine my surprise the first time I got a call after swapping SD cards and hearing a Rage Against The Machine song instead of the old time bell telephone ringtone. Once I copied the ringtones from the original sdcard to the new one, I was able to reselect them as my defaults and all was good.

im_electronic

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank you and will do. new to the forums. guess I should read a little more. thanks!

EDIT:

Sounds are in, working great.

location is: sdcard/media/audio/*
*=
alarms
notifications
ringtones
ui

form a fresh wipe of ThunderROM and formatted SD card these are the needed directories for sounds.

filetype is ogg, 44100Hz, 64kb/s

Next Question: what is the latest telenav available?

Last edited:

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a question. Why, when I run a benchmark test on the updated rom the results are much lower than with ThunderRom v1.3?

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
just wanted to say thanks to kevin n breezy for bringing this to us and for keeping up on it. Keep up the good work and I look forward to what may come

gwagner

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Does Thunderom use overclocking to get the performance boost over stock? ... or did you guys just streamline and optimize in a magical sorta way?

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Does Thunderom use overclocking to get the performance boost over stock? ... or did you guys just streamline and optimize in a magical sorta way?

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk

No over clocking, But ThundeROM runs great with out OC! There are ton of other optimizations. If you want OC check out Xiona kernel!

Tree Dude

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
thanks

so why wouldn't you want JIT activated?

and what about/is stagefright?

LG disabled JIT due to some bug. However they have yet to say what that bug is and no one seems to have had any issues. I see no reason to not have JIT turned on.

Stagefright is a different story. It is buggy and breaks a bunch of codecs so some audio and video will not play if you have stagefright turned on. It gives high benchmark scores because the broken codecs cause the tests to finish faster. I say best left disabled for now, until someone can fix it or LG patches it.

apinkel

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
For background on JIT/Stagefright I recommend reading KSmithInNY's post about it in the TR thread. He does a good job describing the issue:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...hunderom-v1-5-12-14-2010-a-66.html#post499531

Stagefright is a new media framework introduced in froyo, some media types are only supported with this framework and some aren't supported at all. So you have to decide which media types you use and go with the stagefright setting that gives you the media types you need. It's not so much that their are bugs with stagefright... it's more that they could have done a better job of rolling out the framework with full backward compatibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool