[HACK] PRL swapping.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily.

If you are in a bad service area where roaming would benefit you, yes. If you get good Sprint service where you are at, no.

abel1318

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
hey nick7 will this hack work on cyanogenmod rom i have installed in an optimus s phone thats getting lousy tower signal somewhere around 1x?

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Would writing a PRL from Verizon, Cricket, Metro PCS or any other carriers that use CDMA hurt our phones? I've used almost all of the ones you have given us in your source link. I was just wondering if we could, and what kind positives and negatives do you see if we could just write the most current Verizon PRL to our phones? IMO verizon's 3G network is faster.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Would writing a PRL from Verizon, Cricket, Metro PCS or any other carriers that use CDMA hurt our phones? I've used almost all of the ones you have given us in your source link. I was just wondering if we could, and what kind positives and negatives do you see if we could just write the most current Verizon PRL to our phones? IMO verizon's 3G network is faster.

You have to test.

It could be possible.

I'm using 40065 on my phone, I'm in the Pacific Northwest, and I've found 40065
is the best PRL for me. HOWEVER there is an issue with phone service using it.

I found I HAVE to always dial the 10-digit phone #, not just the 7-digits,
even if I am in the same area code - because it will think I am using Verizon.
If I always dial the 10-digit, it keeps me on the Sprint network and no issue.

Only glitch I have seen, but using this PRL, I get way better signals wherever
I go during my daily commutes, etc.

og_president

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Is this better than the force roaming app that came with nROM?
I have unlimited roaming on my plan and I am sure most of you have it to. So thats why I am asking
Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S

Last edited:

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Nick, how would I install this on cm7? I installed a signed version of your roaming app but it is blank.

Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S

My roaming application doesn't work with CM7, but you can still flash a PRL with QPST. Just follow the instructions in the OP.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What about data?

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/output/en_US/manage/MyPhoneandPlan/ChangePlans/popLegalTermsPrivacy.htm

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've only ever read about people getting cease letters for excessive voice roaming.

I'm not the type to tell you to do or not do something. Just correcting a statement that was made earlier.

Everyone makes their own judgment call what they would like to do. They should however have the correct information.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've only ever read about people getting cease letters for excessive voice roaming.

I'm not the type to tell you to do or not do something. Just correcting a statement that was made earlier.

Everyone makes their own judgment call what they would like to do. They should however have the correct information.

No doubt, thanks for the information. I know that I shouldn't roam so much but Sprint towers have the weakest signal in my building :p I'll definitely add that to the OP as a disclaimer.

Reactions: tootseroel

tootseroel

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
prl nyc

does anyone know the best PRL to use for NYC(and where to download), i downloaded the PRL on the OP, but it seemed to make my service worse.