[HACK] PRL swapping.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not much really.... 1-2gb a month. The letter stated that I was roaming to much and averaged to many roaming minutes/ data over so many months.
I believe the reason for my letter was for not switching back to my Sprint prl when in good coverage.

Here's my story, been using hack at work(where I have bad coverage). I usually would switch to Verizon prl while in bad coverage and switch back to Sprint prl where I have good coverage.
My Wife and i had a baby and I forgot, stayed on Verizon prl for around 4 months.....
So, i racked up a bunch of minutes/ data on Verizon prl. I used it the correct way with no problems and had the problems when not switching back and fourth.
I'm still using the prl hack but i switch immediately when leaving work and my bad coverage.
I've only received one letter and hopefully won't receive another.
I don't abuse my data and only tether for free a few times a year..

Swyped from my HTC Evo with Eternal Prophecy 6.0 ROM.

Reactions: ravioli

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I abuse my tether :p lol But thank you for the info. I recently switched back to a Sprint PRL after using this hack for a couple months. I didn't receive a letter, but I was using almost all of my anytime minutes, and I have to share them with my Dad. Also I was using around 3-4GB of data due to using Audiogalaxy all the time. Experience and slaps vary I guess.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Nick7 who posted this did get his account canceled by sprint for to much roaming! which is why he now has a HTC phone with T-mobil I do believe. He even said to stop using this hack!!!

Android Developer Nick7
Device(s): HTC G2
ROM/Kernel: CM7
Activity:

Alright, I have some bad news for me, but good news for you.

Bad news for me:
My Sprint account has been terminated for roaming too much and I have switched to T-mobile. If you are using the PRL hack, STOP.

Good news for you:
My new device is the HTC G2, which I do not plan to develop for because I'm happy with my modified version of CM7. This means that I don't have to rely on my Optimus to make calls or send messages. Now, I can have test builds on it constantly .

My to-do list:
- Release RebornROM v2.2 (after finals...)
- AOSP Gingerbread. I have a feeling that Sprint is dropping the ball on us (as usual) and will not push LG to get us Gingerbread. So I am going to put all my effort towards an AOSP Gingerbread build. I already have Ubuntu on my old laptop so maybe I can get into some kernel development as well.

Why am I developing for a phone that I am not using?
It's my hobby dum-dum! Now I can have a completely stable/usable phone AND a phone to constantly mess around with.

Last edited:

ravioli

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nick7 who posted this did get his account canceled by sprint for to much roaming! which is why he now has a HTC phone with T-mobil I do believe. He even said to stop using this hack!!!

Android Developer Nick7
Device(s): HTC G2
ROM/Kernel: CM7
Activity:

Alright, I have some bad news for me, but good news for you.

Bad news for me:
My Sprint account has been terminated for roaming too much and I have switched to T-mobile. If you are using the PRL hack, STOP.

Good news for you:
My new device is the HTC G2, which I do not plan to develop for because I'm happy with my modified version of CM7. This means that I don't have to rely on my Optimus to make calls or send messages. Now, I can have test builds on it constantly .

My to-do list:
- Release RebornROM v2.2 (after finals...)
- AOSP Gingerbread. I have a feeling that Sprint is dropping the ball on us (as usual) and will not push LG to get us Gingerbread. So I am going to put all my effort towards an AOSP Gingerbread build. I already have Ubuntu on my old laptop so maybe I can get into some kernel development as well.

Why am I developing for a phone that I am not using?
It's my hobby dum-dum! Now I can have a completely stable/usable phone AND a phone to constantly mess around with.

The OP has the disclaimers/warnings so people know what they're getting into. If you're a "serial roamer" you'll probably get slapped or disconnected, otherwise you should be OK.

patrax3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I have done everything correctly as far as the programming the prl goes and it does connect to verizons towers, however I cannot connect it gives me the recording about phone not being registered and I cannot make any calls or data transfers I have tried the 40060 41003 nothing doing my gf straighttalk phone prl is 59248 and I know it roams on Ver. I cannot find this prl any where. I am in Ohio and Sprint is ok in the metro areas but everywhere else it's def Ver so anybody got any clues? I need a Ver. prl for Southern Ohio that works HELP I need this in a bad way TIA.

Last edited:

patrax3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
After trying a bunch of prl's I went into settings and updated my prl to revert, low and behold the OTA network updated my prl to 61007 which is the latest prl from Sprint so all this changing was to no avail the phone works and 3g has returned I still have horrible service where Im at and it will not connect to Ver. at all. i would def. say this myth is busted big time at least for me, let alone 3 hours of wasted time. Qpst is fun to play around with but the Update prl in your settings does the same thing and takes 10 seconds! In some cases this might be plausible, for most it's not going to be So unless someone figures out how to hack this and to show any improvements ( like leeching off Ver. and not paying) = Prl Myth BUSTED. I would really like to know how Straighttalk's prl's work I know they hit Sprint's and Ver. towers for a fact. It would be nice to get that same type of roaming to work on our phones.

maxzar100

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I have run into issues reverting back the prl. When I go to update the prl (hydro rom) I get the following message "Client error. Please try again later."

williek113

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
sorry for bringing back this old post haha but do I need anything but my phone # to the my MSL? Cause I'm just a teenager and I kinda don't know my PIN or account stuff. That's all my parents business...

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
sorry for bringing back this old post haha but do I need anything but my phone # to the my MSL? Cause I'm just a teenager and I kinda don't know my PIN or account stuff. That's all my parents business...

Try CDMA Workshop to read your MSL, and set it to 000000 for troubleshooting

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon