I was using ThrundeRom 1.5 with no problem. But I found some defect of the screen of my phone and want to exchange it. I first did the "factory reset" in the andriod->setting->"I forget what the manu looks like, maybe security..." Then what happened is that I always see this screen...

I tried to reflash the ThundeRom 1.5, still this screen. Now I have no clue what happened. Please help.

BTW. Is that still possible that I return this phone to sprint?

Thanks
    12-18-2010 02:47 PM
    Another annoying problem I found is that I can't do "su", although the app is sitting in /system/bin... Also I can't run some of the programs I copied in the system. What could be the problem?

Thanks
    12-18-2010 03:18 PM
    I was using ThrundeRom 1.5 with no problem. But I found some defect of the screen of my phone and want to exchange it. I first did the "factory reset" in the andriod->setting->"I forget what the manu looks like, maybe security..." Then what happened is that I always see this screen...

I tried to reflash the ThundeRom 1.5, still this screen.
    I also tried to reroot the system. but I am stuck at this step "mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system ", mount is always fail.
    I don't have the su command and can't make it work now.
    All in all I have no clue what happened. Please help.

BTW. Is that still possible that I return this phone to sprint?

Thanks
    12-18-2010 08:27 PM
    What happens if you select "reboot phone"?
    12-18-2010 08:31 PM
    im confused...why do you think its brick...because its clearly not
    12-18-2010 09:00 PM
    That was kinda my thought. Does it return to the boot loader screen. More info please!!!!
    12-18-2010 09:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply!!!

It always goes back to the boot loader screen.

I don't know how to define "brick", but to me it can do nothing now.
    12-18-2010 09:13 PM
    The thing I observed is that when the phone is rebooted, only /cache is mounted. /system /data and /sdcard are all unmounted. I am thinking maybe this is why the phone cannot enter the system.
    12-18-2010 09:14 PM
    might want to check the thread about getting back to v8-v9 (stock).

however if you are still getting the custom recovery screen...

(well first off it seems the steps you took , (reseting your phone) you skipped right over everything you did to get to where you were (thunderom) ..meaning you should of went back to a restore point, then etc etc.

however..

if you are within your 30days etc..then you can try to return it..however..some reps may know about custom recoveries etc. (esp bc the custom recovery is night/day from sprints/lg recovery screen) meaning that they will know you went outside of the warranty of cell by rooting etc. and wont allow a return/exchange etc..

then again
    ya never know...........
    12-18-2010 10:00 PM
    The thing I observed is that when the phone is rebooted, only /cache is mounted. /system /data and /sdcard are all unmounted. I am thinking maybe this is why the phone cannot enter the system.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...urn-stock.html
    12-18-2010 10:00 PM
    thanks for your replies.

I tried the recovery. When I type "su", I get
    /sbin/sh: su: not found

I did repeated the rooting process but can't install the "superuser" app.

What I found is that su is in the /system/bin folder. but when you type "su" the system report that it cannot find the script. whey you type ./su you can run it but after that no addtional scripts can be run. E.g. if you type "ls" you get:
    ls: not found
    12-18-2010 10:11 PM
    "not found" is a generic error in the android system that could mean one of manyt hings such as

1) the file really isn't there
    2) the file is not chmod'd correctly thus is not executable
    3) you do not have access to the file
    4) the file is for a different cpu.

Try my restore system then start over.
    skycolt likes this.
    12-18-2010 11:22 PM
    If you followed directions and did the nandroid backup, can't you go to that 3rd option of backup/restore and restore which should put it back to the default ROM (although would still have the custom recovery).

I am a complete Android noob btw... Just basing this idea on things I've read.
    12-19-2010 12:17 AM
    Hi zefie,

I love you. The restore works!!!
    12-19-2010 12:29 AM
    Hi zefie,

I love you. The restore works!!!

Glad to hear
    12-19-2010 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD