Bricked! With NO Recovery (Just a LG splash)

ky10181985

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I bricked my brand new LG Optimus S from Sprint. I can't even boot into the recovery mode. If I try to boot normal I get the LG loader splash, but if I boot into recovery by holding HOME+Volume Down+Power the LG loader splash will flash then the goes dim and stays blank (black) while the ancillary buttons are dim-ly illuminated...does anyone know how to reverse this issue and at least get back to the stock 2.2 Froyo...or ThundeROM...I can't seem to get anywhere as of yet and I've been at it for hours...I have no other phone so I'm stuck like chuck for now...

If anyone has the ROM for the stock Froyo it would be much appreciated as well as any possible help...

Thanks

Queueyou

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I believe that there is a guide and a link to the default rom in the roms sub-forum.... not entirely sure though, although alot of people in the custom-recovery thread there have had a similar issue to what you describe. I think there was some suggestions listed in that post, may want to read it carefully for any details that may help.

ky10181985

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
It looks like that's a no-go...unfortunately since I can't get in recovery or past the splash screen or in recovery mode I don't even get a usb connection...I'm out of ideas...any help?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in order for you to restore or move forward or anything you'll need access to recovery or the homescreen.

I saw someone else say the sprint store took the battery out for a period of time and their phone would boot. You might try that, maybe try booting it after a long rest while it's plugged into the wall or even a USB port. Just tossing some ideas out cause you never know.

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I saw someone else say the sprint store took the battery out for a period of time and their phone would boot.

that was me, but now it looks DONE. Can't get past the logo again, recovery not possible and store can't do anything. ALL SPRINT STORES ARE OUT OF STOCK.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that was me, but now it looks DONE. Can't get past the logo again, recovery not possible and store can't do anything. ALL SPRINT STORES ARE OUT OF STOCK.

If your local Sprint store is out of stock, and they can confirm your phone is toasted, they have the ability to have one over-nighted either to your house or to their store for pick-up. My EVO crapped out on me when there was a nationwide shortage of EVO's and despite all stores being out of stock, the store i worked with had one shipped and in my hand the next day.

Might be worth pursuing if your dead in the water.

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
If your local Sprint store is out of stock, and they can confirm your phone is toasted, they have the ability to have one over-nighted either to your house or to their store for pick-up.

Black is out of stock online. thanks for your help though.

ky10181985

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for all your help...nothing seemed to work so I took it to bestbuy today and they replaced it for free...good thing I hit factory reset before it died on me (which I'm sure caused the issue) because they weren't able to see what happened that made the phone go on me...

edbolton92

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for all your help...nothing seemed to work so I took it to bestbuy today and they replaced it for free...good thing I hit factory reset before it died on me (which I'm sure caused the issue) because they weren't able to see what happened that made the phone go on me...

Did you originally buy it from BestBuy Because the people at sprint are being total Jerks. They told me that they will send a return box and that they will give me an upgrade but i would have to buy another phone

v0mitr0n

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
according to an online rep, they should get more in stock around the 22nd.

btw .. what are you guys doing that bricks your phone?

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
according to an online rep, they should get more in stock around the 22nd.

btw .. what are you guys doing that bricks your phone?

nothing unusual. Worked fine for a week, then one day it restarted by itself and couldn't boot. I was using Thunderbird and the OC kernel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non