Bricked! With NO Recovery (Just a LG splash)

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
depends on what recovery he was using. there are many ways to brick this phone. there is no way for us to flash it from a PC as LG requires a special dongle.

While working on trying to get PSFreedom to work I noticed some definitions and apparently it looks for a special cable from LG before kicking into service mode.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
depends on what recovery he was using. there are many ways to brick this phone. there is no way for us to flash it from a PC as LG requires a special dongle.

While working on trying to get PSFreedom to work I noticed some definitions and apparently it looks for a special cable from LG before kicking into service mode.

Bastards! How dare they. Anyways, yes only happens with the custom recovery.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I bricked my brand new LG Optimus S from Sprint. I can't even boot into the recovery mode. If I try to boot normal I get the LG loader splash, but if I boot into recovery by holding HOME+Volume Down+Power the LG loader splash will flash then the goes dim and stays blank (black) while the ancillary buttons are dim-ly illuminated...does anyone know how to reverse this issue and at least get back to the stock 2.2 Froyo...or ThundeROM...I can't seem to get anywhere as of yet and I've been at it for hours...I have no other phone so I'm stuck like chuck for now...

If anyone has the ROM for the stock Froyo it would be much appreciated as well as any possible help...

Thanks

Use ADB to flash a recovery image...

Here is CWM... CWMRecovery_5.0.2.7-th3_thunderc.img