SETCPU.. forgot to uncheck "SET ON BOOT"

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
actually... I think I can just flash Thunderom again, so it installs the OLD kernel that's unclockable. So it'll bootup without OC and keep my current settings/apps.

... I THINK

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
ThundeROM doesn't install the stock kernel. Just be quick at startup before it reboots or freezes. Happened to me too.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
For others, you have a couple of options here.

1) wipe data in recovery, this will wipe setCPU settings, but will also wipe your data.

2) manually remove setCPU data.reboot into recovery and mount /data
rm -r /data/data/com.mhuang.overclocking/

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't install an OC kernel either. So I flashed it over the top again and working fine now =)

Yes flashing ThundeROM would fix the issue. We use the stock kernel (boot.img) with a max freq of 600MHx, min freq of 245MHz and ondemand gov. In this case since you had setcpu clocked higher than our kernel allows it cant apply the max setting and therefore would fix your reboot issue.

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious why people still use SetCPU when it always polling as compared to overclock widget which effects battery life. I just find OC widget that much better and without the problems that SetCPU has given me.

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious why people still use SetCPU when it always polling as compared to overclock widget which effects battery life. I just find OC widget that much better and without the problems that SetCPU has given me.

or just learn linux and mod some scripts and have NO overhead :)

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
or just learn linux and mod some scripts and have NO overhead :)

You mentioned in another thread that you're using the interactive governor. Is that also achievable just through script modifications? That's the only reason I've still got SetCPU installed (though it's not actually running in the background, just used it to set the governor). As far as I'm aware, and from what SetCPU's site says, SetCPU is only "always polling" if you're using profiles. Otherwise, there's no overhead as the previous poster mentioned.

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

I just had a bad relationship with OC Widget. I was using setup for 3 weeks no issues. I tried OC widget day 1 ok, day 2..bricked. Coincidence? Probably...

wyllem

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This worked

i Found an app i hate setcpu piece of garbage spent an hour fixing my phone found this and it worked

thanx to akiradavis at xda

Basically, to remedy this, you need to delete the SetCPU config file from the internal memory. To do, follow this:

1) Boot into recovery
2) Connect USB
3) open ADB shell - 'adb shell'
4) mount the Data folder - 'mount /data'
5) navigate to the Data folder - 'cd /data/data'
6) Remove the config file - 'rm -r com.mhuang.overclocking'
7) exit and reboot phone

Now you should be all set. SetCPU is now in its default form.

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I think I had the similar problem bit I set the CPU high and it kept rebooting it self and I just left it and it fix it self if not sorry

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Or you could just not tell SetCPU to set the frequency on boot and avoid the situation altogether. Yes its an extra step involved after a reboot but honestly how often do you REALLY need to reboot?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Or you could just not tell SetCPU to set the frequency on boot and avoid the situation altogether. Yes its an extra step involved after a reboot but honestly how often do you REALLY need to reboot?

A nice alternative to setcpu is "CPU tuner". Don't have to worry about boot issues. It also has profiles available and is free. No extra steps after reboot required. :)

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I should maybe leave that unchecked then huh? I leave my optimus @ 748mhz and let it automatically run on startup and set to on demand.

Correct me if I am wrong, the only issue you will run into is if the mhz you ate overclocking to make it unstable and then you cannot boot without it crapping out?

I would try and revert to an old nandroid backup