I downloaded it and ran it and I am not sure if it worked. Can anyone explain to me on how I can see if it worked? Should I have more memory? Should Sprint ID still be on my phone?
    12-24-2010 11:46 PM
    It should ask/say something about superuser permissions when launched.

As for the others, that will only happen with a custom ROM.
    12-25-2010 12:08 AM
    ok, so once i root my phone, i just load the rom of my choice, and flash it?
    12-25-2010 01:09 AM
    No,

1) Root your phone - z4root 1.3.0 works

2) Flash the replacement Recovery <-- IMPORTANT!

3) Go into the new Recovery and BACKUP your system

4) Now go ahead and flash a different rom and/or kernel
    12-25-2010 05:37 AM
    as for testing if it worked and rooted the phone, there are a couple easy ways to make sure...
    you could download quickboot and if it works, you're rooted
    or you could download connectbot and in the terminal (local) type SU and if the $ becomes a #, you're rooted
    12-25-2010 02:41 PM
    How do u flash the new recovery aftwr I do a permanent root ur phone is suppose to reboot mine never does
    04-11-2011 05:32 PM
    z4root only works for LS670ZV9 software version. To check software: Menu>Settings>About Phone and under SW version, if it says LS670ZVC or LS670ZVD you will need to read this.
    04-11-2011 08:29 PM
    z4root only works for LS670ZV9 software version. To check software: Menu>Settings>About Phone and under SW version, if it says LS670ZVC or LS670ZVD you will need to read this.
    Yes. I was going to post something about this but saw you already did. As long as you have v9 baseband, it's extremely easy to root. That's when I did it. Never had to do anything more than z4 to root mine, and have since upgraded to vd But now that I think about it, it's probably better to not use a one-click solution since you have absolutely no idea what is going on that way. Better to actually learn how the phone is rooted and do it all yourself. That way you're better equipped when you go to install custom recoveries/roms.
    04-11-2011 09:43 PM
    I bought my phone with VC and downgraded to V9. I rooted using z4 and flashed thunder c recovery (with adb). I ran nROm and legoROM for a while but I wanted a taste of Gingerbread so I now run CM7

My point is, I used adb when I downgraded which justifies me for using the easy way too root. Because if you dont know how to use adb then you cant flash a recovery which enables you to flash ROMs.
    Just read every thread that is about rooting, hacking and setting up drivers too PROPERLY set up the Android Debuging Bridge.

One more thing. Why do you want to root? Is it peer pressure, because not everybody is technically inclined, and I would hate if you perma-bricked your shiny new phone.

READ THIS!http://www.androidcentral.com/sometimes-root-isn%E2%80%99t-answer
    04-11-2011 11:50 PM
    I bought my phone with VC and downgraded to V9. I rooted using z4 and flashed thunder c recovery (with adb). I ran nROm and legoROM for a while but I wanted a taste of Gingerbread so I now run CM7

My point is, I used adb when I downgraded which justifies me for using the easy way to root. Because if you dont know how to use adb then you cant flash a recovery which enables you to flash ROMs.
    Just read every thread that is about rooting, hacking and setting up drivers to PROPERLY set up the Android Debuging Bridge.

One more thing. Why do you want to root? Is it peer pressure?

READ THIS!http://www.androidcentral.com/sometimes-root-isn%E2%80%99t-answer
    04-11-2011 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD