HELP!! Phone won't go past LG screen!

bradmckee

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
So I was trying to do a custom recovery but in the process I completely messed up my phone, it won't even go into reboot mode. :(. PLEASE someone help me! I just got it and I don't know what to do!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I was trying to do a custom recovery but in the process I completely messed up my phone, it won't even go into reboot mode. :(. PLEASE someone help me! I just got it and I don't know what to do!!

Please be more descriptive, what were you in the process of doing when this happend

bradmckee

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I rooted it with Z4root and then I downloaded ClockModRecovery from the rom manager app and then when I went to restart my phone it wouldn't go past the LG screen in the beginning.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
power down and try one of these:

Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button, and press then Power button until the screen lights up.

Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Home button, and press then Search button until the screen lights up

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
after the first one, let go of everything and press the down button,,,in the mean time ill keep searching for a solution for you in the mean time

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok try this

Key combo to boot custom recovery from powered off is vol_down + home + power and release keys at LG splash.

please let me know if it works

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Follow the instructions in http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...de-rooting-custom-roms-optimus-s-edition.html for setting up the initial root, it'll tell you how to get an adb connection.

If you can get an adb connection going, I'd suggest seeing if you can get the custom recovery installed. I'll also note that Clockwork doesn't work with the LG Optimus S yet (or at least, it's not been listed in the list of working devices) and custom recoveries/ROMs/etc are usually device based from what I hear. Would suggest you stick to the ones you find here, as they've been tested out by many users and shouldn't break your phone if you follow the instructions to the letter :p

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, Clockwork does not work at all on Optimus S, at least not yet. Adb will be key here, hopefully you can still get access to that. In the future, make sure you are using suggestions from a forum that is specifically for the phone you have.

spike

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

im_dave

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Wonderful~*! The second one got my Optimus V to boot past the LG screen. I was thinking that I was going back to using my dear old Rumor 2. But, nope, I can still wast plenty of time playing angry birds and greedy spiders. Thanks!:-!

power down and try one of these:

Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button, and press then Power button until the screen lights up.

Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Home button, and press then Search button until the screen lights up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo