So I was trying to do a custom recovery but in the process I completely messed up my phone, it won't even go into reboot mode. . PLEASE someone help me! I just got it and I don't know what to do!!
    12-29-2010 09:06 PM
    It is an LG Optimus S, btw.
    12-29-2010 09:07 PM
    So I was trying to do a custom recovery but in the process I completely messed up my phone, it won't even go into reboot mode. . PLEASE someone help me! I just got it and I don't know what to do!!
    Please be more descriptive, what were you in the process of doing when this happend
    12-29-2010 09:09 PM
    I rooted it with Z4root and then I downloaded ClockModRecovery from the rom manager app and then when I went to restart my phone it wouldn't go past the LG screen in the beginning.
    12-29-2010 09:11 PM
    power down and try one of these:

Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button, and press then Power button until the screen lights up.

Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Home button, and press then Search button until the screen lights up
    12-29-2010 09:14 PM
    The first one worked but nothing happened after the screen lit up, and nothing happened at all when I did the second one.
    12-29-2010 09:18 PM
    after the first one, let go of everything and press the down button,,,in the mean time ill keep searching for a solution for you in the mean time
    12-29-2010 09:23 PM
    Thanks so much! The down button thing didn't work but I appreciate the effort so much!
    12-29-2010 09:25 PM
    ok try this

Key combo to boot custom recovery from powered off is vol_down + home + power and release keys at LG splash.

please let me know if it works
    12-29-2010 09:26 PM
    That didn't work. That was the first thing that I had tried and it didn't work for me. :/
    12-29-2010 09:28 PM
    ok i dont have time as i need to keep working but please through this thread, and please update me i would like to know how this results and perhaps you can share what you learned for others.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...k-warning.html
    12-29-2010 09:31 PM
    do you still have ADB access?
    12-29-2010 10:10 PM
    I don't think so...how do I check that?
    12-29-2010 11:37 PM
    Follow the instructions in http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...s-edition.html for setting up the initial root, it'll tell you how to get an adb connection.

If you can get an adb connection going, I'd suggest seeing if you can get the custom recovery installed. I'll also note that Clockwork doesn't work with the LG Optimus S yet (or at least, it's not been listed in the list of working devices) and custom recoveries/ROMs/etc are usually device based from what I hear. Would suggest you stick to the ones you find here, as they've been tested out by many users and shouldn't break your phone if you follow the instructions to the letter :P
    12-29-2010 11:40 PM
    Just follow this guide to root and install a proper recovery.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...tml#post421044
    12-29-2010 11:42 PM
    Are you holding down all till lg comes and then goes? just a thought
    01-02-2011 03:34 AM
    clockwork is bad idea on optimus. :/
    01-02-2011 12:20 PM
    As far as I know, Clockwork does not work at all on Optimus S, at least not yet. Adb will be key here, hopefully you can still get access to that. In the future, make sure you are using suggestions from a forum that is specifically for the phone you have.
    01-02-2011 12:40 PM
    I had similar problem with my attempts at getting custom recovery installed (4 times)

The fix I used was put it into emergency mode then flash an original LG KDZ for my region using KDZ_FW_UPD.exe

Its all outlined here: [HOWTO] Flash original firmware on P500 - xda-developers

also I just noticed similar guide here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...using-kdz.html
    cheers
    01-03-2011 11:17 PM
    Wonderful~*! The second one got my Optimus V to boot past the LG screen. I was thinking that I was going back to using my dear old Rumor 2. But, nope, I can still wast plenty of time playing angry birds and greedy spiders. Thanks!

power down and try one of these:

Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button, and press then Power button until the screen lights up.

Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Home button, and press then Search button until the screen lights up
    09-05-2011 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD