ESPN Pack for ThundeROM users

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I backed up my stock ROM right after I rooted the phone and flashed the new recovery.

I still have that backup and can re-load it up, and try and get the ESPN ID

But where would it be stored? What would need to be uploaded?

Would the whole system.img or data.img need to be uploaded somewhere?

I could try and do this over a weekend if anyone knows how to rip out the ID stuff.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I backed up my stock ROM right after I rooted the phone and flashed the new recovery.

I still have that backup and can re-load it up, and try and get the ESPN ID

But where would it be stored? What would need to be uploaded?

Would the whole system.img or data.img need to be uploaded somewhere?

I could try and do this over a weekend if anyone knows how to rip out the ID stuff.

What you'll need to do is restore the backup of the stock rom, launch the sprint ID aplication, then download and apply the ESPN pack. Once you do that, the app's will be downloaded into the data/app directory. You can then use any file explorer from the market to copy the apk's of the ESPN stuff over to your SD card. Once on the SD card mount to your PC, pull off the apk's, zip them up, upload to something like mediafire.

I do have a concern though that you may, without intention, include an apk for a paid app so i would ask that if you have any questions or concerns that you may have grabbed the wrong stuff, please PM me a link to what you upload prior to posting it and I'm more than happy to look it over.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I shall do this over the weekend.

And I know what's paid and not-paid - I won't include any paid apps in there.

My only concern was possibly missing something, like I didn't know if it installed anything in /system.

I have no problem finding the stuff - I've got Root Explorer installed and have done a LOT of
installs / file manipulations on the old HTC Touch/Vogue so shouldn't be too hard.

Since I'm going to have the stock rom reloaded over the weekend - did anyone want any other ID packs?

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to say thanks in advance. Beezy was going to be looking into this, too:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...hunderom-v1-5-12-14-2010-a-79.html#post538459

So yeah. Thanks ahead of time. I'll check the Sprint site to see if there are anymore worth grabbing.

I went ahead and restored to stock:'( and pulled all the files and everything needed for it(ESPN pack). It seems that it's got more to it then just installing the apps,they are locked into the system somehow. They all force close shortly after install. Im trying to see what can be done to get them to function properly.

AvantGuard

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, beezy! Please keep us informed. Sounds complicated, so I'm glad a Optimus Primer like yourself is looking into it. God speed and all that.

tmoney239sucka

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
FYI I have sprint ID on my phone and I am running thunderom. . I do not kno how it got on their. all I did was install gapps.apk cause my gmail wasn't working. When I reboted my phone they were their. Also love the ESPN ID.

j37hr0

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Grr, I wonder if there is a way to have Sprint ID installed on thunderom if you want that option, I wanted the ESPN Pack. But love the overclocked processer, and all the free memory. I can live without ESPN but wish I didn't have to choose.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey