Phone acting funny.....

glassbowl

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
ok so today i unrooted my optimus because when i placed a call before it even started to ring it would go to a black screen and lock. So with doing research i unrooted to go to the store to return my defective phone being the post i read talked about the proximity sensor being messed up. Well now im sitting here having taken off my Xionia kernel, ThundeRom, my OC was at 787 with setCPU, and thats all...But now I just made a bunch of calls to try and duplicate the problem and the phone wants to act like it should.
Now this also was happening before i even rooted before hand but it would be sporadic and seemed like it was just when i called land lines (unlike today when it was doing it with every call reguardless).....

Im wondering if its the sensor or what.....my girls phone hasn't had any issues other than the stock launcher force closing out of the blue....Im seriously about to throw my phone tho because its got me so frustrated......

Any idea's on what may be going on? firmware issue? hardware issue? both? Im prolly going to just go and see about a new phone even tho im past my 30 days accedents do happen;)

Last edited:

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
before you do anything i would wipe the device. there have been alot of reported issues with the optimus s that a wipe seems to have cured.

as always only wipe through recovery if you have a custom recovery. if your completely back to stock you can do it via settings, privacy.

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had things trip the sensor before with it getting covered (oil from my fingers, a piece of meat from the butchers market I work at, etc). Wiping it off then hitting the power button once or twice seems to fix it for me.

Sensor is above the sprint logo and to the right if you're trying to figure out where it is.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
lol correction, to the left.

you can't actually see the sensor. invisible shield left a little square cut out on their screen shields just to the left of the sprint logo for the proximity sensor.