CyanogenMod ROM

Do you want CM6 for the LG Optimus S?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else interested in a CM6 port to the Optmus S? If there is enough interest I will try it again (if I can find a guide somewhere).

chinochino360

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried requesting it directly on cyanogenmod's
or perhaps on xda. Sad enough it's been requested to add
the Optimus s on the forums... but so far no go the only
aparent reason the optimus one and some other optimus version
have a forum is because of the amount of users for those devices
or something like that but what do i know. I just hate the fact that
im stuck with 160 megs tops for storage, and that suck balls

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried requesting it directly on cyanogenmod's
or perhaps on xda. Sad enough it's been requested to add
the Optimus s on the forums... but so far no go the only
aparent reason the optimus one and some other optimus version
have a forum is because of the amount of users for those devices
or something like that but what do i know. I just hate the fact that
im stuck with 160 megs tops for storage, and that suck balls

Yes, I've requested it on the CyanogenMod forums.

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
lol looks like 1 person has said no. i wonder why?

Howto: Build a Kernel Port - CyanogenMod Wiki - how to build a kernel. not for our device and looks kinda outdated but some info may be in there for you.

Unsupported Devices - CyanogenMod Wiki - list of unsupported devices that have a port. may be able to find something in there too. i see a port for an lg but not our device so i doubt that will help much there.

Building from source - CyanogenMod Wiki - there is a how to on building from source.

you've said you visited their forums. only other thing i can think of for help is their irc channel.

not sure if any of this will help but it's here for ya lol.

edit: Also might be worth contact these guys http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=878333 who look they are already working on a port for the opt one.

Last edited:

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
YES YES YES! ONLY THING I MISS ABOUT MY HERO IS CYANOGEN. I WILL BE HAPPY TO TEST ALPHA AND BETA PORTS OF IT FOR YOU. (I have no leet hacking skills or i'd help more). Anything I can do that's not code related I'd be happy to help. Just PM me

mrinehart93

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have some experience in kernel modding, if it will help. I too want CyanogenMOD on our phone, and I was thinking to myself today while in school that if no one was going to compile CM/AOSP 2.3 for us, I was going to try it myself. I'll definitely help you out on this. I should be free this Thursday until Monday, so we could try then.

Send me a PM with your email address, AIM, or Gtalk and we can work something out.

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I have some experience in kernel modding, if it will help. I too want CyanogenMOD on our phone, and I was thinking to myself today while in school that if no one was going to compile CM/AOSP 2.3 for us, I was going to try it myself. I'll definitely help you out on this. I should be free this Thursday until Monday, so we could try then.

Send me a PM with your email address, AIM, or Gtalk and we can work something out.

I agree with the 2.3 CM ;) I was able to mod the framework just like we could on the hero, lookin good :D

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Shouldn't you make clockwork not brick things first? :p

Or I could ignore ClockworkMod ;)

Sent

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I'm currently compiling the ASOP ROM itself. Next will be to apply the Optimus S patches to see if I can get a running stock ROM. Last will be attempting to figure out CM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance