Bricked or Defective Phone?

droidbear

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out if I bricked my phone or if it's defective. I rooted my phone almost a month ago (using ADB) and was running ThunderRom v1.5. Last night the phone froze while running Skyfire. It started getting into reboot loops. I rebooted into recovery and cleared the cache and that seemed to fix it.

Today it froze again, and now it won't reboot reliably or go into recovery reliably. Sometimes it stays at the LG logo, sometimes it goes to the recovery console, and sometimes it starts to boot the sprint animation and freezes, then reboots. When it gets to the recovery I've tried doing a NAND backup, which fails (hangs until it reboots), and I've tried doing a fresh wipe/install of Thunderom. This also fails (hangs until it reboots).

Does this sound like a bricked phone or a defective phone? Has anyone else had this problem?

hamagc

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Never heard of any such issues before

I would flash everything back to stock and see if the issues persist. If so take it back to sprint. Hopefully can can flash back to stock again.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

droidbear

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if I'm missing something here guys - but I don't know how to do any of that if the recovery console won't get through a restore without hanging up. I've been trying for the last hour and now I can't even get the recovery console to come up at all.

How does sprint check to see if a phone has been tampered with?

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Try the SD card and make sure you're also wiping Dalvik Cache. If that doesn't work, see if pulling the battery for a few minutes helps (not just out then back in, but pull it out, go play some minesweeper, then put it back in). Have had my phone freeze once or twice like that before after trying a custom resolution, though never tried restoring a Nandroid backup so don't know if it would freeze in recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech