MIUI on LG Optimus S

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if someone can help me complete building a rom from MIUI? I found a thread on XDA where they re-sized all the apk's to mdpi. I am just curious how to sign the rom that I am building. I would like to get a functional rom, but unsure of the process.

Here is the download link: mdpi MIUI apks.zip

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you needing help just getting the rom signed or are you trying to get help gettting it up and running?
If you need help setting things up to be signed are you using windows or linux?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
You don't necessarily need to sign to flash. In recovery go down to "other" then toggle signature verification. This will let you flash un-signed things. Keep in mind though, busted is busted. signatures don't fix incompatible or improper code.

Always make a nand backup first.

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to get it up and running. Is there a way to test a rom on my PC prior to flashing it to my phone? I am using Windows 7

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
How do I port the framework? If you download the link I provided, there is some framework converted to MDPI. What else do I need?

cmyasika1

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Are you needing help just getting the rom signed or are you trying to get help gettting it up and running?
If you need help setting things up to be signed are you using windows or linux?

Trying to get it up and running. I want to learn more about development, but I don't know where to start.

mrinehart93

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
How do I port the framework? If you download the link I provided, there is some framework converted to MDPI. What else do I need?

I know :) I used to have a CDMA HTC Hero, and I helped work on that a bit. The framework needs to be ported to a different architecture, since it is currently for Snapdragon processors, and it will be REALLY hard to do that without the source. So contact the MIUI team to get the source code from them, and then we'll have a shot at it.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well port the theme then :-* No one is stopping you lol. The more dev work we have going on, the better our phone will be :)

I don't have unlimited time to work this stuff, that's why I was asking. If there is a demand for a MIUI theme I will port it. If not I will work on other things (I have plenty of projects on queue). So I'm waiting on a response to my original post. Until then it's trying to get this damn reboot/reboot recovery option in the power menu, woo!

mrinehart93

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I wish had unlimited time too :p My 4-day break 2 days ago was nice... but now school is back again and I have limited time :( I honestly think the best project right now would be to get the reboot option in the power menu.

mrinehart93

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
FYI, I was talking to someone on the MIUI IRC awhile back, and they said it would be possible to get MIUI running on our phone. According to him, as long as we had CyanogenMod running, we could get MIUI running. All that would have to be done to the MIUI rom would be to incorporate the changes zefie made to get CM running into MIUI. The PNG's are already ported for us as well (thanks to the CDMA Hero people).

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes look at my old haunt ...the HTC Hero forums on XDA and they've made some headway with a port maybe you could ask the person heading it up over there for help/using his work so far... his username is alexthearmo . Hope that helps happy hunting :)

Anonamoose

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't have unlimited time to work this stuff, that's why I was asking. If there is a demand for a MIUI theme I will port it. If not I will work on other things (I have plenty of projects on queue). So I'm waiting on a response to my original post. Until then it's trying to get this damn reboot/reboot recovery option in the power menu, woo!

Personally Nick man I'd rather have a alpha port then you work on a theme... MIUI looks... off to me but I hear it's REALLY fast and good on the smartphone's heart... your battery. So I'd rather have a port then the theme but that's just my .02 :p

mrinehart93

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Personally Nick man I'd rather have a alpha port then you work on a theme... MIUI looks... off to me but I hear it's REALLY fast and good on the smartphone's heart... your battery. So I'd rather have a port then the theme but that's just my .02 :p

My friend runs MIUI on his Droid Incredible, and his battery lasts him like a week >.< lol.