11-23-2011 02:18 PM
66 123
tools
    I was wondering if someone can help me complete building a rom from MIUI? I found a thread on XDA where they re-sized all the apk's to mdpi. I am just curious how to sign the rom that I am building. I would like to get a functional rom, but unsure of the process.

Here is the download link: mdpi MIUI apks.zip
    01-16-2011 08:48 PM
    Are you needing help just getting the rom signed or are you trying to get help gettting it up and running?
    If you need help setting things up to be signed are you using windows or linux?
    01-16-2011 09:37 PM
    You don't necessarily need to sign to flash. In recovery go down to "other" then toggle signature verification. This will let you flash un-signed things. Keep in mind though, busted is busted. signatures don't fix incompatible or improper code.

Always make a nand backup first.
    01-16-2011 09:40 PM
    I am trying to get it up and running. Is there a way to test a rom on my PC prior to flashing it to my phone? I am using Windows 7
    01-17-2011 10:01 AM
    Don't flash that... it's not a complete ROM. The frameworks haven't even been ported, so you're just going to bootloop.
    01-17-2011 10:23 AM
    How do I port the framework? If you download the link I provided, there is some framework converted to MDPI. What else do I need?
    01-17-2011 10:27 AM
    Are you needing help just getting the rom signed or are you trying to get help gettting it up and running?
    If you need help setting things up to be signed are you using windows or linux?
    Trying to get it up and running. I want to learn more about development, but I don't know where to start.
    01-17-2011 10:32 AM
    How do I port the framework? If you download the link I provided, there is some framework converted to MDPI. What else do I need?
    I know I used to have a CDMA HTC Hero, and I helped work on that a bit. The framework needs to be ported to a different architecture, since it is currently for Snapdragon processors, and it will be REALLY hard to do that without the source. So contact the MIUI team to get the source code from them, and then we'll have a shot at it.
    01-17-2011 11:47 AM
    I found a source code on miui developers. Don't know if it's right or not.

Here it is. It's in .rar format. http://www.roms-mirror.info/MIUI/Lan...age.source.rar

Disregard, this is just a rom
    01-18-2011 04:54 PM
    I found a source code on miui developers. Don't know if it's right or not.

Here it is. It's in .rar format. http://www.roms-mirror.info/MIUI/Lan...age.source.rar

Disregard, this is just a rom
    What do you like from miui? The theme? I was going to port a miui esque theme sometime in the future.
    01-18-2011 09:34 PM
    What do you like from miui? The theme? I was going to port a miui esque theme sometime in the future.
    The theme doesn't do MIUI any good. It's the whole functionality of it that makes MIUI awesome. Plus MIUI is one of the fastest ROM's created.
    01-18-2011 09:36 PM
    The theme doesn't do MIUI any good. It's the whole functionality of it that makes MIUI awesome. Plus MIUI is one of the fastest ROM's created.
    I like the look That's why I was going to port it.
    01-18-2011 09:39 PM
    I like the look That's why I was going to port it.
    Well port the theme then No one is stopping you lol. The more dev work we have going on, the better our phone will be
    01-18-2011 09:50 PM
    Well port the theme then No one is stopping you lol. The more dev work we have going on, the better our phone will be
    I don't have unlimited time to work this stuff, that's why I was asking. If there is a demand for a MIUI theme I will port it. If not I will work on other things (I have plenty of projects on queue). So I'm waiting on a response to my original post. Until then it's trying to get this damn reboot/reboot recovery option in the power menu, woo!
    01-18-2011 09:56 PM
    Yeah I wish had unlimited time too :P My 4-day break 2 days ago was nice... but now school is back again and I have limited time I honestly think the best project right now would be to get the reboot option in the power menu.
    01-18-2011 10:06 PM
    Has anyone started any work on a alpha rom for the optimus yet?
    03-21-2011 04:52 PM
    FYI, I was talking to someone on the MIUI IRC awhile back, and they said it would be possible to get MIUI running on our phone. According to him, as long as we had CyanogenMod running, we could get MIUI running. All that would have to be done to the MIUI rom would be to incorporate the changes zefie made to get CM running into MIUI. The PNG's are already ported for us as well (thanks to the CDMA Hero people).
    03-21-2011 06:47 PM
    I sometimes look at my old haunt ...the HTC Hero forums on XDA and they've made some headway with a port maybe you could ask the person heading it up over there for help/using his work so far... his username is alexthearmo . Hope that helps happy hunting
    03-21-2011 06:55 PM
    I don't have unlimited time to work this stuff, that's why I was asking. If there is a demand for a MIUI theme I will port it. If not I will work on other things (I have plenty of projects on queue). So I'm waiting on a response to my original post. Until then it's trying to get this damn reboot/reboot recovery option in the power menu, woo!
    Personally Nick man I'd rather have a alpha port then you work on a theme... MIUI looks... off to me but I hear it's REALLY fast and good on the smartphone's heart... your battery. So I'd rather have a port then the theme but that's just my .02
    03-21-2011 06:58 PM
    Personally Nick man I'd rather have a alpha port then you work on a theme... MIUI looks... off to me but I hear it's REALLY fast and good on the smartphone's heart... your battery. So I'd rather have a port then the theme but that's just my .02
    My friend runs MIUI on his Droid Incredible, and his battery lasts him like a week >.< lol.
    03-21-2011 07:05 PM
    My friend runs MIUI on his Droid Incredible, and his battery lasts him like a week >.< lol.
    that would be nice. im lucky if i get 8hrs out of mine
    03-21-2011 08:34 PM
    that would be nice. im lucky if i get 8hrs out of mine

i'm getting about 24 or so myself ...
    03-21-2011 09:22 PM
    i'm getting about 24 or so myself ...
    how do you do that
    03-21-2011 09:26 PM
    how do you do that
    I'm able to get about 4 days out of mine.
    03-21-2011 09:50 PM
    Since I went to VD with TR 1.8.2, I'm seeing rather awesome battery life. 7x 10min intervals over 12 hours and still had about 75% left.
    03-21-2011 10:04 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD